“Tinidee indeed!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ranong
Khao Lak, Thailand
“Tinidee indeed!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

From the hotel name itself; Tinidee (here's good)

Arrived pretty late to get my 2 weeks extension to Thailand and ranong is the closest place to khaolak. I was looking for a place near to Thai-Myanmar immigration and also near to Koh phayam pier. Tinidee is just 10 minutes drive to the pier there's also motorcycle taxis in the corner of tinidee not to be confuse there are 2 tinidee hotel ranong, the more taken care midrange hotel is newly renovated. the standard room 1200 baht (breakfast include) the guy from the reception is very informative by the way he told us they have a sister hotel next door the tinidee budget hotel 3 stars with only 575 with free wifi,full amenities in the room (almost) just looks old, theres also no hot water but enough for my overnight stay. The receptionist "jap" in the budget tinidee side of hotel she's very friendly.

Tip: request a room in the right wing side of the hotel a lot less noise from the resto bar downstairs.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Thai first
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Arriving by plane from Bangkok, I stayed here only 1 night on my way to one of the nearby islands in the Andaman Sea. I do wish I could have stayed a bit longer as it was the perfect place to unwind and lounge around.

Unsure of whether it is 3 or 4*, but my experience was 4+* - and I'm rating at 5 here because it exceeded my expectations and was a welcome surprise. I don't believe anyone should pick too many fights with such an establishment in Ranong. I am lead to believe it is one of the best, if not the best, and I think it is under good management who are constantly working to improve.

Delicious swimming pool and hot mineral baths that leave your skin and soul feeling amazing!

Massage is highly recommended; they were able to book me in within 2 hours of arrival with no prior notice. Worth booking in advance though if you have little time as my quick booking appeared to be an exception.

They have a large full service gym that looked as though many locals use it as it as well, same for their breakfast buffet… lots of local workers getting their fill and NO WONDER… It is the BEST breakfast spread I've ever seen! Both UK/US traditional foods available, as well as a selection of delicious Thai curries. Ask the kitchen to make you coffee, however, as what they offer for first choice is not particularly palatable for those who enjoy a good cup. There was a slight frown about asking for better coffee, but we did get it and at extra charge (I think). Looking at other comments here it seems breakfast may have been sparse on their visit, so perhaps we just got lucky on one of the days they have the workers in… no idea, but absolutely no complaints here and I fondly remember eating a bit of rice and curry before lunchtime as one of my "firsts for everything in life".

Dinner was great too, ok wine selection, but the real treat was sitting outside on the glass roofed terrace and listening to the rain beating down all around! (it's a bit noisy, and they should do something about one or two of the rain gutters that launch full force streams of water onto it, but some areas less noisy and all in all a really fun experience)

I'm having the thought now that the menu was not completely translated in English, but did include pictures... My friend got by in pigeon- Thai, but we mostly spoke English and in some cases did have to be patient to express ourselves, but all in all, there was nothing misunderstood.

There is a nightclub detached from the main building so possibly noisy at times on the pool side of the building, but not sure as I was on the other side overlooking the city which was an interesting view. Was there on a week night and did have a drink in the nightclub, but we were the only ones.

Yes, the view of the city is not great - I did say interesting. One shouldn't blame a hotel for that though and I have seen worse rubbish problems in Europe.

Room was great, decent linen, good AC and wi-fi. I had a really good night's sleep. Bathroom in need of a facelift, but no complaints.

Not sure of some of the other comments about no lift - there was one in perfect working order and no, not all staff speak English - but some of these other travellers need to stay home if they expect the whole world to be fluent in English!

All around great place to stay. Thank you to the staff especially for such great service and the management who are looking to improve. I can't remember the name of my massage therapist, but she was absolutely divine and knew enough words to tell me what to do when it needed doing.

As with many places in Thailand it is worth considering what time of year you are visiting - high or low season - as the experience can differ greatly.

Thank you Tinadee, I'm longing to come back for another visit, and hopefully soon!

Room Tip: Bring earplugs if you end up with a room facing the nightclub and you should be fine. I was on the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Four of us stayed here the night before heading off to Koh Chang on the local ferry. Lovely hotel, nice big rooms and great swimming pool and natural hot spring water pools. Very relaxing atmosphere. You can relax in the evening or head off to the on site Ice Bar Music Pub. Very good value for money.

• Stayed February 2013
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed July 25, 2013

There's nothing special about this hotel, but it does the job. A/C works fine, there's a pool and free wifi in the room (get password at the front desk). There are also small hot springs pools behind the pool. I didn't try them but they looked fine for a warm soak. One of Ranong's tourist stops is the hot springs -- the hotel was offering a shuttle bus to the main site for bathing or dipping your feet in for a moderate price. Breakfast buffet is nothing special but adequate. Nearby there's a Catholic church, a temple up on a small hill and a fruit market. The name of the hotel, Tinidee, means "here (is) good".

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for about 3 days in a rainy May 2013. Rooms & Facilities are reasonable, except for the Internet which is always down during rainy period.

Staff are helpful, and the restaurant food are reasonably priced, and being Asian its enough to cover the the stomach and taste buds.

The other downside to the hotel is the loud music which can be heard at night as they have a club within the hotel compound.

There is also a hot pool downstairs and they provide shuttle service to the hot spring.

Ask if i'd return, yes. Not much of a choice in Ranong though, and it is reasonably priced.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the Tinidee Hotel because we needed to do a visa run. The Tinidee is listed as a 4 star hotel and whilst I think that this might be a little optimistic, the hotel certainly does have excellent facilities. We stayed there in the low season and for our money got a very spacious room with a sofa and table and chairs. An in room safe, dressing gowns and slippers were provided. The hotel had a well equipped fitness centre, sauna, swimming pool and four large pools of heated mineral water. The hotel also manages the mineral springs just outside town and offers a complimentary shuttle and entrance to these.

We bought a couple of pastries from the Cafe in the lobby - very good and very reasonable price. The associated Japanese restaurant Shibuki however was ATROCIOUS. There were a couple of downsides with this hotel:
* the view of the lake - should have been beautiful but instead was surrounded by piles of rubbish
* the noisy Club next door - the music started at 10 pm every night and was incredibly loud, we were on the 5th floor and could still hear it
* WiFi was quite slow and we had issues with the satellite TV - however when we complained the reception staff gave us a discount on the room rate

On the whole though, the Tinidee Hotel is a good option if you are staying in Ranong.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room as far away from the Club as possible!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SuzieLee71
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 15, 2013

There isn't many hotel to choose from in Ranong. This hotel is one of the bigger ones and the room rate reflects the status.
We stayed only a night on route to Hua Hin.
Check in could be better. We arrived at almost 3pm and they could not ready the rooms for us.
Staff spoke basic English but we managed with basic English to get what we wanted

Our rooms were basic . For what I paid, I expected a little more.
Ranong is famous for its hot spas. The hotel runs of the spas in the city. Guests get complimentary shuttle to the spa. Entrance is also included.

The was a hotel run pub should anyone wanted to enjoy a drink or two. Other than that, there was also a restaurant serving local delights. Menu Price was very reasonable

My summary
UP
Good ample parking
Complimentary shuttle and entrance to hot spa about 10 min away
Good restaurant . Complimentary breakfast was very decent
Friendly staff

DOWN
Room could be better with the rate paid
Room was not ready even we arrived

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ranong
The Galla Hotel
#1 of 28 in Ranong
Nalin Place
#2 of 28 in Ranong
No photo provided

Been to Tinidee Hotel Ranong? Share your experiences!