“Nothing special.”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Steak Pizza & Grill House Southern Thai food & European Restaurant
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Looks good from the outside. Prompt service but watch the mozzies.

Food was absolutely average......nothing special. A reasonable veg stir fry and a rather tame green curry. I like my Thai food cooked local style heat and all and always ask for it Thai style. Why dumb it down when you are asked not to?

There is a far, far better restaurant some way down on the left that is the one we went back to twice and would again. It is the really big one and the one that is always busy.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The restaurant was not clean - we had to ask for our tables to be cleaned. Would try somewhere else next time

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I ate here last night looked like a nice little place, however my fiancé thought his curry tasted slightly strange but figured they must just use a different ingredient to other Thai curries. A few hours after eating here my partner was being violently sick and severe diarrhoea and nearly 24 hours later still hasnt stopped being sick etc.

We know for a FACT it was this place that has given him food poisoning as we were on a 10 hour bus journey from Bangkok yesterday so all he's eaten apart from the curry was crisps and crackers etc on the bus. I wish we had looked on tripadvisor before picking a restaurant as now looking at the reviews for this restaurant I see someone else has also commented they became very ill after eating here, I can only hope my partner recovers soon before we too have to make a trip to the hospital!! DO NOT EAT HERE!!!

3  Thank Emily9763
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was called Sophons Hideaway, but the lease wasn't extended. Still a nice place to sit and drink but the food is not up to scratch. Although the menu hasn't changed, cooks are a different matter, so depending on who they have means its a hit and miss affair.

1  Thank SirRacket
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Carbonara I ordered was full of local factory processed pork and sausages - far from what carbonara should be. Also the waiter brought chocolate shake instead of watermelon which I ordered. The service was fast though and prices are reasonable. Maybe okay for drink, but I would not expect much from food.