“Thai and Western food for the flashpacker budget”

Ranong Hideaway Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 30 Restaurants in Ranong
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Large open sided restaurant all tastefully done out in wood with a laid back atmosphere and softly playing Thai music. Extensive menu of Thai and Western choices - the Western choices will set you back a little more money and won't appeal to the save-every-penny budget backpacker I wouldn't think. Depending on what you order the food seems to range from very average to very good. Pizza isn't exactly what an Italian would call a pizza but it might suffice if you have a Western food need. Attracts both Thais and Westerners.
Service is quick and efficient ( or was on each of the many occasions I ate there).

2  Thank Deneice A

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We went there a couple of times while we were in Ranong. The Thai salads we ate there were amazing. So delicious and really great value!

2  Thank SuzieLee71
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were only customers there. We all ordered different foods. We had to wait the food very very long, I don't know why because there wasn't any others. My chicken beef was cold but looked well done, so I ate it because we had waited very long and I was hungry.

After that we went to long diving safari were we all eat the same foods. At the end of the safari I got my very bad stomachache. I had got Campylobacter that ruined the rest of the trip. Had to go to the hospital. It last over two weeks.

Counting the incubation days of Campylobacter the possible places were I got it was this restaurant or the food at diving safari. And at the safari I was only one got sick so I'm almost 100% sure that I got it from this place.

2  Thank NIKQ
Reviewed January 20, 2013

What a fantastic place. Lovely atmosphere. Thai dishes are so cheap and tasty. I didn't pay much attention to the Western options because I'm not craving that over Thai food yet but the pizza for the table next to us certainly looked and smelled good! This is definitely a great option if you find yourself in Ranong.

4  Thank cvinsider
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great Pizza! It was great to have real traditional local cuisine, but sometimes you just crave that something, especially after several weeks. Plus, it was actually cooked just like you have in an Italian restaurant. In Thailand, when you fancy a little something Western, it rarely comes out the way you had hoped. But the food here was spot on!

5  Thank 8_Craig_8