My husband and I just returned from the most fabulous 4 night honeymoon at the Four Seasons Tented Camp. If you are vacillating about whether or not to splurge on this super expensive resort, don't hesitate. It is completely and totally worth it!! You sleep under the clearest, star filled sky and wake up to the most incredible sunrises. You hear the beautiful sounds of nature (birds, elephants, river, wind, leaves rustling). This resort lets you experience nature while being pampered in 5 star fashion.
We were totally blown away by the level of detail that went into every aspect of the camp. From the well outfitted, luxurious tents that had leather bound furniture, dark wood and copper details to the delicious meals and cocktails and unique outdoor spa treatments. The staff knows everyone by name and is eager to cater to any request you have.
Since many details have already been covered by previous reviews, I will talk about the hightlights of our stay. Have breakfast at 8-8-30am and get to see elephants (and babies!!) returning from where they sleep in the jungle. If you want some free time to relax by the pool or book an extra excursion or activity such as a cooking class, you should book a 4 night stay. Take advantage of the sundowner snacks and cocktails at the Burma Bar every night. If you are interested in cooking, take a cooking class with the executive chef. He is so passionate and talented and will teach you how to recreate those delicious Thai flavors at home.
Tent #2, #13, #14 have the BEST views. Your preference will depend on if you'd rather be closer to the elephant camp/burma bar OR to the restaurant/pool. For us, #13 was IDEAL because we wanted to be further from the main restaurant area. #15 is the most private but it's right by the elephant camp and doesn't have river views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the natural wonders of Northern Thailand, just south of Burma, west of Laos, for an unforgettable experience. On our unique min 2 nights stay excursions, you'll have the adventure of a lifetime trekking elephants through lush jungle and spectacular mountain trails. Unwind in our superb luxury tented accommodations, which feature stunning views and Four Seasons luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle
- Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle Hotel Chiang Saen
- Four Seasons Chiang Rai
- Chiang Rai Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle Chiang Rai Province, Thailand - Chiang Saen