Where do you start. How about Wow!!!!!!!! What an experience .I can not put in to words how great a place it is. When we left my wife and I both had tears in our eyes. We are booked for next year for 5 nights.
O.K. here is my review. We were met at the Airport and after an hour and fifteen minute drive we pulled up to a boat dock and we were boated to the Camp. The ride was a lot of fun. The Tents are very nice, great views and a fully stocked complementary mini bar. Wakening up in the morning and drinking coffee on the deck is a wonderful experience. The wireless internet worked great. I really enjoyed the outdoor shower. As this is a tent it is a good idea to keep the shower running when using the Bathroom as it is very quite in the tent. The Burma bar is a lot of fun at sunset. We got to meet some other guests and share stories. Dinner is amazing and the service and food is as good as it gets. The Chef came from Four Seasons Chaing Mai. He will cook anything you want and likes to do special meals.
The Bridge is not a big deal. My wife and I are scared of heights and were very nervous about the bridge. It was not a walk in the park but by the second day we were both using it. There are steps down and up if it bothers you. At night they have a porter walking with you with a lamp as there are a lot of stairs on the path to your tent.
The Elephants, it is a life experience .They are very gentle. Wee,the head guy teaches you in the morning how to ride them. It looks daunting but by the end of the morning you are riding these gentle giants. After lunch you ride them in to the jungle Wow!!! This is very safe and there are people with you the whole time if you need help. We ended up adopting an Elephant and they are looking to do a rescue soon. More on that at http://--------/
The excursions are very well thought out and a lot of fun Our guide was very good. We learnt a lot. I do not want to give anything away as it will spoil your fun.
We meet and spent time with Jason and Gido the Camp management. They are two of the nicest people. Very knowledgeable and a lot of fun .Thanks to both of you and your staff for an experience we will never forget. See you next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the natural wonders of Northern Thailand, just south of Burma, west of Laos, for an unforgettable experience. On our unique min 2 nights stay excursions, you'll have the adventure of a lifetime trekking elephants through lush jungle and spectacular mountain trails. Unwind in our superb luxury tented accommodations, which feature stunning views and Four Seasons luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle
- Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle Hotel Chiang Saen
- Four Seasons Chiang Rai
- Chiang Rai Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle Chiang Rai Province, Thailand - Chiang Saen