Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle
Excellent 5/5
Great 4.5/5
Buakum Resort(Chiang Saen)
Very Good 4/5
A Hotel Budget(Chiang Saen)
Bedtime Story(Mae Sai)
V-Park Hotel(Mae Sai)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsburma baroutdoor showerwine cellaronce in a lifetimesuspension bridgemahout trainingevery morningthe riverindiana jonesgolden trianglebucket listworth every pennyour honeymoonunique experienceopium museumluxury tentsmovie set
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Your day starts with two young elephants greeting you at the restaurant. You can feed them bananas. The mahouts will quietly encourage the elephants to rub your head, give you a kiss. All good fun and memorable experiences. We did an extra trek to have more elephant time as the close proximity with the animals is once in a lifetime. The whole experience is awesome.

The camp provides mahout clothing and croc shoes. A very thoughtful gesture as the clothing and shoes get quite dirty. Also saves room in the suitcases for souvenirs.

The staff is quite knowledgeable and very accommodating. The will take a lot of pictures for you and good pictures.

We had expected tents and furnishings similar to the African tented camps. They are not, but liking or not is a personal matter. Opinions of other guests were equally mixed.

Room Tip: Lower tent numbers are close to the restaurant; higher numbers are nearer to the bar.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank eli123499443
Ali M, Camp Manager at Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write the review. I am very happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay, and loved your close interactions with our gentle giants.

As well, it is great to see that you enjoyed all the other services that the Camp got to offer, and we are all very looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My only regret is not having more days here. From the moment we arrived at the river to take a boat to the camp, I was treated as a VIP. The grounds are impeccable with little touches throughout to make your experience that much more special. Every morning you can have "breakfast with the elephants" where you can feed bananas to two hungry elephants before sitting down to your own delicious breakfast.

The tents are delightful, complete with the elegance you would expect from Four Seasons. Every aspect of the the tent has been thought out with extreme detail. The tent included a hot tub and large day bed outside, a claw foot tub inside with two sinks and super comfy bed.

The food was amazing. Whether you want Thai food or something more familiar, the staff was very accommodating. I recommend the wine and cheese tasting which comes with ample food and drink in a beautiful wine 'villa'. There Burma Bar was also a great spot to relax with drinks or to simply catch a sunset. Again, the furnishings were outstanding and made you feel like you were on the most luxurious safari.

I also enjoyed the spa immensely. I don't always utilize spa services, but I was so happy I decided to get a 90-minute Thai massage. It was definitely worth every minute and truly relaxed my body after a long trip. The masseuses appeared to be very well trained and treated me with the utmost care.

Lastly, the mahout experience was unbelievable. I won't give away all the details because some of the experience is about the surprises, but I can say, being able to 'work with elephants' was such a delight. If you are interested in having an encounter with elephants, then you this an absolute must. It was hard to say good bye my elephant, Yuki, at the end, but the lasting experience was one I'll always treasure.

3  Thank travel_dc_2009

Thank you for such" Extraordinary" review. I am very pleased to read how much you have enjoyed your stay with us, and you loved the Elephants unique experience.

I am hoping that next time you will manage to stay for a longer period, so there are no regrets at all. I am very glad that we managed to provide you with a very unique experience during your stay, and we are looking forward to having you back with us one again.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is as close to a perfect experience as you can have. From arrival to time of departure, everyone we came into contact with treated us as true VIPs – both human staff and the elephant friends we made.

Other than being on safari in Africa, this was absolutely the most magical experience we’ve ever had.

Even though we were only there two nights, they provided so many special little touches ….. we don’t want to mention them so nothing is spoiled for future guests. But thank you for all of them!!!!!!!!

We especially want to commend the staff for going out of their way to confirm our pickup to our next destination. They made sure all logistics were taken care of, and refused to let us get involved because they said they wanted to make sure we enjoyed every minute.

To top it off, they packed us a free delicious lunch for our journey – one last touch of class.

1  Thank travel2014a
Ali M, Camp Manager at Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such nice and detailed review, and sharing with us your perfect experience with us at the Camp.

I am very thrilled to learn that you did enjoy your very short stay with us, and you found the team very helpful and accommodating.

Once again, thank you for the great review, and I hope we will get the chance to welcome you back for a longer period next time.

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights, a perfect length of time.
The service was great, the experience with the Elephants was amazing.
The food was very excellent, I would highly recommend it.

The people there cannot do enough for you, they are all so kind and gentle.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Geoffrey G

Thank you for the review, and I am happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay at the Camp, and you have found your experience as an excellent adventure.

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to write this review, and we are hoping to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The place is very unique. The service second to none and the Elephant experience is what made the difference for us. The only suggestion is that is pricey but appart from that is a must.

We had a very hard time sleeping because there was a celebration in a town nearby. Thank God it was only for one night.

1  Thank Roberto H

Thank you for taking the time and sharing with us your experience at the Camp. I am glad that you have over all enjoyed your stay with us, and I am sorry that you got disturbed one night by the music of the ceremony of the local village in Burma, and I am glad that you managed to have good nights sleep after that.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review us, and we are all very looking forward to welcoming you back to our magical jungle.