Luxury tents, overlooking natural forest with grazing elephants, or with far reaching views over Burma. A high staff to guest ratio ensuring perfect and personal service. This is not camping -- this is pure luxury.
All inclusive here really means that. From the well stocked mini bar (including 20cl bottles of Bacardi, Whiskey, Gin and Vodka) to the three regular meals, sundowner cocktails and so on, this is all-inclusive at its best. There is no way you can eat and drink everything they offer you!
Fortunately, it is a 10-15 minute walk from one end of the resort to the other (from the Sundowners at the Burma bar to the main restaurant). This allows you to burn off at least a few of the calories. However, there is also a land-rover shuttle service if this suits you better. Walk along the lower road if you want to see the grazing elephants, and the high path for losing more calories.
On arrival, we received a personalised itinerary. Changes to suit our needs were easily and efficiently accommodated (we chose more hiking, less Spa time). Ask, and you shall receive, appears to be the motto. Some guests appeared to be choosing more time with elephants, and others appeared to be avoiding the elephants almost completely.
One guest was obviously concerned about the Geckos, Snakes and other wildlife. However, we found that the patter of tiny gecko feet on the roof of the tent ceased once we switched off the lights. The call of the Toko Geckos confused us until we found out what was causing the unique noise. We certainly had no unwelcome visitors inside the tent itself.
The tents are far enough apart to be fully private. Only once did we hear a loud American guest passing our tent. It does pay to remember that sound carries a distance here, with no traffic noise and only the call of insects in the forest.
There was a small intermittent problem with the water supply during our stay, and for one day you had to catch the right time to take a shower. The management apologised profusely, but to be honest I cannot say that it negatively affected our experience, even if we did once have to bail water out of the jacuzzi to flush the toilet!
Don't expect discos and fitness rooms here. Expect peace, quiet, nature, elephants --- and one of the best luxury resorts in the world!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the natural wonders of Northern Thailand, just south of Burma, west of Laos, for an unforgettable experience. On our unique min 2 nights stay excursions, you'll have the adventure of a lifetime trekking elephants through lush jungle and spectacular mountain trails. Unwind in our superb luxury tented accommodations, which feature stunning views and Four Seasons luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle
- Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle Hotel Chiang Saen
- Four Seasons Chiang Rai
- Chiang Rai Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle Chiang Rai Province, Thailand - Chiang Saen