Lock in the lowest price from these sites
bojam c

wow..

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 17, 2012
We stayed here during our little Tour of Thailand, coming from the uniquely different sister property in Chiangmai. Wow. What an amazing experience, from the arrival experience, luxury tent (will ask for one with outdoor spa next time), jungle spa setting.. All memorable. It was beautifully remote yet the wifi accessibility kept us connected. Cant stop sending pics of the place by email whenever we get the chance. 2nd day, learning about the elephant, Tom Kap, riding on it..a once in a lifetime experience. A must visit.. Serial award winners, now we know why!
Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Traveled on business
Responded Jul 20, 2012
Dear Khun bojam c,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor.

Best from the Camp!

$12
    $14
3.5 miles from Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle, Thailand
Free parking
Coffee shop/restaurant five minutes away
    $15
    $1,317
    $1,518
0.4 miles from Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle, Thailand
View more hotels in Chiang Saen
All reviews burma bar outdoor shower once in a lifetime the river indiana jones golden triangle bucket list movie set land rover chiang rai range rover worth every penny our honeymoon boat ride luxurious tents one of a kind unique experience
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We confirm that the reviews in Trip Advisor are correct this is the most amazing place to experience. Everything about this resort is top notch. The rooms are incredible with only a total of 15 "tents". Each looks out into the jungle that borders with Burma. The elephants are wonderful. They are part of the resort and being able to learn to ride them "mahout style" vs. the tourist way everyone else does it is awesome. Every staff member does their best to guarantee you have a once in a lifetime experience. The food is outstanding, the Burma Bar is right out of a movie. You feel like you are in an Indiana Jones film..but this is real.

Yes this is a very expensive resort..but if you are looking for the most awesome and memorable experience of a lifetime..you MUST journey here, because words cann't accurately describe it. This is a place that must be experienced.

Room tip: Best to be at a room on either end - either near the Burma Bar or the Restaurant. Because there is quite a distance between the two
Date of stay: May 2012
5  Thank Munro1954
Camp_Mgr, Manager at Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle, Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear Khun Munro1954,

Greetings from the Four Seasons Tented Camp!

I wanted to thank you on behalf of the Tented Camp family for taking the time to express you feedback of the Camp in this review.

We are all thrilled to know that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world but this one is the top! Not only are the service and accomodations above the rest but the experience blows everything else out of the water. A rather pricey trip but well worth the cost. Everything is included but not your usual crappy all inclusive. everything is top notch. Food is way above anything else we ate in a long trip to Thailand. The atmosphere is truly Thai at its best, polite, kind, gentle. Other resorts we stayed in on this extended trip were typical tourist that could have been anywhere. Here I knew I was in a foreign country. The elephants are quite an experience but everything here is above and beyond. The tents are luxurious, right out of a Ralph Lauren catalog. We had the silver tent ( each tent has its own theme). Everything about this place is special:Arrival by the long tail boat, personal excursions, mahout training, spa experiences, and the food! Did I mention the food? We met lovely people from all over the world and everyone felt the same from the honeymooners to the small family groups. We brought our 15 year old daughter and this will be an experience she will always remember.

Room tip: Tents are far apart from each other and facilities. Make sure your tent is near where you will be spending time. They do have buggies to get around but we loved walking along the suspension bridge through the jungle ( there were a few snakes and such along the path )
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank malibumomof7
Camp_Mgr, Manager at Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle, Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

Dear Khun malibumomof7,

Sawas-dee pee mai! (Happy Thai New Year)

Thank you very much for completing this lovely assessment. We really appreciated the feedback and our Chef is absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed his food :) Let us know if you would like any of our recipes.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our magical Camp.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Well, what to say… I was going to say so much but have no idea how to start… I’m quite an old pepper who’s travelled a lot and there’re a few things in the world that still are able to surprise me, but Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle is exactly one of them. It was unforgettable experience, probably the only one of this kind in my life. It’s been written so much “wow” essays about this resort so I’ll try to summarize my general impressions only.
First. I’m happy that I started my FS Thai Tour with the Tented Camp in Golden Triangle because it appeared to be the place that had struck me most during my Thailand journey by its unique synthesis of unspoiled natural environment, impeccable service of a “six-star” hotel and its social function of preserving wild nature and developing close ties with local community.
Second. Its high level of organizational capabilities amused me. All systems go like a Swiss watch: on time and with excellent quality. Elephant camp, guests’ activities, catering, general maintenance, front desk/concierge operations, transportation, public relations, etc – all’s managed very well. Bearing in mind that that this property’s spread out for kilometers in bamboo jungle along the river, it’s clear how much energy and material assets should be spent daily to keep it all at required standards. I think that camp manager Yonatan, brilliantly educated young gentleman fluently speaking different languages, along with his team does a great job to provide second-to none service to customers.
Third. The Tented Camp is small and cozy one in comparison with its sisters-properties in Chiang Mai and Koh Samui, and its staffs are like a family, you now, as a real team sincerely doing all their best to meet all the needs of guests at any time 24 hours a day. And it’s not an exaggeration. Just imagine that accidently met workers repairing tiles on the trail greet you calling by name. Unbelievable, for real. The whole team is very friendly, accommodating and efficient – “M” at reception, “F” at Spa, Poope at restaurant – I’m ready to name a dozen of more names, - all of them are very nice personalities. And the uniqueness of this team is determined by the fact that it includes not people only but also elephants that make the spirit of resort so special. Maybe, in this place I realized a little bit better why my grandma kept seven small marble elephants on her bookshelf as a symbol of happiness…
Fourth. The activities’ program already included in your rate contains local tours, spa treatments, and many more but its main hit is mahout training. I got acquaintance with my new “girl friend” Yuki, she’s so cute and gentle! And I believe that these contacts, a kind of conversation between people and animals, either during trekking or getting breakfast together, is not just a fun or show but also a type of very important action aimed at making us more human, attentive and responsible. And I’m pleased that Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle granted me this opportunity.

Room tip: Tents 7 and 8 seem to be convenient - just in between Burma Bar and Restaurant.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
8  Thank KSergey
Camp_Mgr, Manager at Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle, Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Dear Khun KSergey,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your assessment of the Camp experience. What can I say more than a "big" thank you and so thrilled to know that you enjoyed it and have given us much praise; Praise that has been already shared with the family in the Camp and specifically with Khun Em, Khun Eff and Khun Poope.

We spend all of our time ensuring and perfecting our service delivery, our product upkeep and continuously look to innovate as we look to the future.

Khun KSergey, once again "Khob Kun Krub" and hope to welcome you again. In the meanwhile, "Yuki" send her best regards, patiently awaiting your return!

Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed there on our Honeymoon-Trip. To ride the Elephants was very good experience. Also we did the Bathing with the Elephants.
But the Resort itself is a little too much Show. For example: Its directly connected to the Anantara-Resort, but on arrival they will bring you to a river-pier and give you a boat-ride to the resort - so you get the Feeling, that you are away from all. But it´s just an Illusion. Also when they offer to bring you to a "hidden" Long-Neck-Village you will recognize later, that every Hotel in the Region brings their Guests there.
Service is nice, but still needs some improvement. Nobody told us during the Checkin-Process, that the nights in February are very cold so it would have been better for us to switch on the Heater. When we realized it in the middle of the Night (12 Degrees Celsius), it was too late and we already had a little cold.
All there is very US-Amercian-Style: "Big Fun", but more like in Disneyland than in the real North-Thailand. Also when we were there a big Group of Americans stayed there, shouting and laughing almost the whole time during breakfast, lunch and dinner. So it wasn´t very quiet.
The Tents are nice, but not overwhelming. Food was very good.
The Journey was a present to our Honeymoon. If we had to pay on our own, we would have been very disappointed. Elephant-Trekking and Mahout-Training in the same Style is also possible at the neighboring 5-Star-Resort and there its much cheaper.

Date of stay: February 2012
21  Thank LaLunaDeMiel
Camp_Mgr, Manager at Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle, Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Dear LaLunaDeMiel,

Thank you for your recent review of Four Seasons Tented Camp, Chiang Rai. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our elephant experience and found the accommodations, the food and the overall service to your satisfaction. I was also thankful of the time you took to address the areas which you felt were not up-to-par. Of course I was deeply disappointed to hear of those experiences which fell below your expectations such as the Karen Hill Tribe visit, the cold temperatures during the night time and the fact that our heating system was not pointed out to you upon arrival to the Camp, all of which have been addressed with the team at the Camp. With this in mind, please do accept my sincerest apology for not meeting your expectations in this regard. Finally, in your review you shared that the service was good, but could be better and thus if possible I would be delighted to be in touch via email Yonatan.kachko@fourseasons.com and understand the gaps so that we are better prepared for our future guests.

Mr/Ms. LaLunaDeMiel, congratulations on getting married and I do hope that you will reach back to me via email as we seek to improve our experience at this magical Camp and as well see what else we can do to ensure your satisfaction is met.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

You will never regret making the trek up to Chiang Saen to stay at the FS tented camps. Went on our honeymoon and it was a life experience that we will never forget. There are only 14 rooms / tents. As expected at a FS property the rooms are impecable and the service is incredible. I cant remember the exact number but I believe there is something like 100+ staff members for ~30 guests!

This is not just a resort but an incredible adventure. The whole resort experience is centered around the elephant camp. The first night we ate dinner outside under the stars and the elephants were there to greet us...you get to feed them bananas which is great fun. The next day you go through training to learn the key commands to ride an elephant bareback by yourself. The next day you take your elephant for a ride up a mountain where you will have incredible views of the mighty Mekong river. I can not express enough how incredible it is to spend time getting to know and love these massive creatures. My wife and I will never forget the names of our elephants...Buna and Bunsi.

Most of the elephants are refugees that were saved from a miserable life of street performing in a big city like Bangkok. The elephants, the Mahouts (elephant trainer) and their families move to Chiang Saen for a much better life. You can even buy handmade crafts in the shop that are made by the Mahout wives which is a great way to further support their efforts.

The only complaint I can think of is the price but we would do it all over again even factoring that in.

Date of stay: November 2011