A big thank you to the wonderful staff and Mahouts of the Anantara Elephant Camp. We can not thank them enough for making this a memorable experience for us.
This vacation has exceeded all of our expectations. We had a varied itinerary across Malaysia and Thailand and deliberately scheduled our stay at this wonderful property at the end of our adventure. The welcome and unexpected upgrade started our 4 night visit in a most perfect way and we were relaxed and comfortable within minutes of our arrival. We chose to pay and arrive at the hotel by speedboat and then on an elephant. This surely has to be the most incredible way to arrive at any luxury hotel.
The all-inclusive package allowed us to enjoy everything the resort had to offer without having to wonder the cost. We thoroughly enjoyed the freedom that this amenity brings. Our specially chosen day tours and excursions were of the highest standard. A big thank you to Toy for an outstanding Golden Triangle tour. We loved the markets of Myanmar and our guide, Toy was very informative. The Anantara Spa which we enjoyed on two separate occasions is very relaxing and we really did love our treatments, especially after the Mahout Experience which challenged us and made our legs tired! Riding one of their magnificent elephants was the pinnacle of our trip. It is the one thing we both looked forward to the most and leaving it until our last day was the right thing to do. We finished on such a 'high' thanks to the wonderful Mahouts and the elephants we were paired with. It was an emotional, life altering experience to interact with the elephants on such an intimate level. The Mahouts put us at ease and reassured when we were nervous and allowed us to bond with these magnificent creatures.
We realized that such wonderful standards across the board usually start at the top - so our thanks and commendations to the General Manager and Asst. General Manager. The 'family' at Anantara really excelled in everything and made our short time with them so wonderful. Their attention to detail and their willingness to make the guest feel at home is something that was immediately evident upon our arrival. Our special thanks to Tuk who took it upon herself to ensure we were happy with every aspect of our stay at the Anantara Elephant Camp.
I have no hesitation in recommending this wonderful Resort and Elephant Camp to travelers wishing to experience the 'Golden Triangle' in luxury. Simply outstanding!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked into 160 acres of ancient jungle in northern Thailand, Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort rests on a bluff overlooking the fabled convergence of two rivers and three countries. The region also boasts a rich cultural heritage, as seen in the many hill tribe peoples or at the Hall of Opium Museum. At Anantara Golden Triangle, the natural and cultural merge at our unique onsite Elephant Camp, modelled on traditional mahout villages and home to the resort’s very own gentle giants. Book any of our indulgent All Inclusive Packages and enjoy the following benefits:•Accommodation with daily buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner for every night stayed•Roundtrip transfers from and to Chiang Rai Airport•Beverages (select range of non-alcoholic drinks, house wine, beer and spirits)•Internet access•In-room mini bar•One time visit to the Opium Museum•One activity for every night stayed from a choice of:oElephant Camp ExperienceoLanna Cooking ClassoAnantara Spa TreatmentoGolden Triangle Private ExcursionWhatever the experience, your Golden Triangle story begins with Anantara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Golden Triangle Hotel Chiang Saen
- Anantara Golden Triangle Resort And Spa
- Anantara Resort Golden Triangle
- Anantara Hotel Golden Triangle
- Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort Chiang Rai Province, Thailand - Chiang Saen