I live in Chiang Mai, Thailand and have stayed at a dozen luxury hotels in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and elsewhere. Yet, this remains my hands-down favorite resort hotel in all of Thailand.
I love the hotel rooms, 60+ acre grounds, and pool overlooking three countries at the same time: Thailand, Burma, and Laos. The staff offer impeccable service. The Dahlia Italian restaurant is a gem hidden in the secluded Golden Triangle. Who knew? I had the seafood hotpot four days in a row. I've had the pasta in a cheese wheel and caesar salad, and they are delicious as well. My friend said the Anantara special fried rice was the best fried rice she's ever had: red jasmine rice, chicken, prawn, pineapples, raisins, and more in a healthy, delicious mix. The Anantara's Italian restaurant has become my favorite Italian find in country.
The elephant trek was authentic. Our elephant "cookie" let us know he was hungry. He was not used like other elephants are overly used for tourist treks elsewhere. I rode a complimentary resort bike every day: to the elephant camp, around the resort, to the Opium museum across the street, and even to the Golden Triangle one day to catch the longboat to the Laos shopping island. So much fun, and I cannot wait for a future stay.
Absolutely highly recommend to whoever is considering a stay at this lovely secluded luxury resort to relax, unwind, and enjoy the Golden Triangle. I look forward to coming back to this resort again - hopefully sooner rather than later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked into 160 acres of ancient jungle in northern Thailand, Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort rests on a bluff overlooking the fabled convergence of two rivers and three countries. The region also boasts a rich cultural heritage, as seen in the many hill tribe peoples or at the Hall of Opium Museum. At Anantara Golden Triangle, the natural and cultural merge at our unique onsite Elephant Camp, modelled on traditional mahout villages and home to the resort’s very own gentle giants. Book any of our indulgent All Inclusive Packages and enjoy the following benefits:•Accommodation with daily buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner for every night stayed•Roundtrip transfers from and to Chiang Rai Airport•Beverages (select range of non-alcoholic drinks, house wine, beer and spirits)•Internet access•In-room mini bar•One time visit to the Opium Museum•One activity for every night stayed from a choice of:oElephant Camp ExperienceoLanna Cooking ClassoAnantara Spa TreatmentoGolden Triangle Private ExcursionWhatever the experience, your Golden Triangle story begins with Anantara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Golden Triangle Hotel Chiang Saen
- Anantara Golden Triangle Resort And Spa
- Anantara Resort Golden Triangle
- Anantara Hotel Golden Triangle
- Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort Chiang Rai Province, Thailand - Chiang Saen