“the best hotel ever!!!!!”

Serene at Chiangrai Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Chiang Saen B&B and Inns
massachusette
“the best hotel ever!!!!!”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I went road trip with my family and I made reservation this hotel online. it the best hotel I ever stay before.
first we got lost and call them couple time, they were very helpful. after we got there I was really tried from road trip (we drove from Pai to the hotel) but there were very helpful. they come to parking lot before I was turn off the car and help us about stuff. after we got in the hotel and have welcome drink that help us refresh, the view and the service from them it's another thing that make me feel better from traveling. we made reservation for the city view Coz I can't find the river view on the Internet. they offer us to upgrade the room for 700 bath, it's well worth it the room very beautiful and clean decoration very nice the view is golden triangle view and river. it' so amazing. we really enjoy it but too bad that we got there late.
the breakfast was nice. my family and I very enjoy it. especially my mom, the reason is she very picky but she love this hotel.
the best service from this hotel it like u stay at5 stars hotel (maybe better for some hotel) everybody was so nice and helpful. if u go to Chiangrai don't miss it
for sure I will go back there

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank sonnetteoil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Thai first
Nederland
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Overlooking the Mekong river with a good breakfast is this a very good hotel. The hotel staff knows the time after noon is boring in the town. So they offer free transport to one of the best restaurants in town. Also we had complementary mountainbikes from the hotel. The hotel staff is so friendly, specialy Peerada from the frontdesk. She arranged a lot for us. The rooms are clean and fresh.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 248media
Paris, France
Reviewed January 2, 2011

we got upgraded to a suite, so the room was very good. large, clean, facing the mekong river. nothing so beautiful about it but still very inspiring and quiet. breakfast was very poor. we stopped there on our tour in the northeast of thailand. the sceneries are beautiful everywhere, but dont get fooled by the "golden triangle tourist trap", there is nothing special to see in this town or the next.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kid-u_paris
Tokyo
Reviewed November 30, 2010

The serene is a new hotel in a quiet town. All the bathroom equipments are up to date, as well are the rooms. I liked the attention to detail the room was decorated with. The staff is wonderful. As Chiang Sean is a very quiet town I recommend it especially for people who need a relaxing getaway.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TokyoChris
Amsterdam
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We (extended family) had booked one night for 2 rooms at this wonderful hotel in July 2010. We were given a complementary upgrade to river side ajoining rooms (one suite). Very beautiful contempary design with attention to detail. The bathroom is just like on the pictures. All very new, clean and beautiful. The standard rooms have the same interior but are smaller.
From the balcony you can see the mighty mekhong river flowing by. The hotel has ample free parking. No swimming pool unfortunately. If you travel with children that is a small drawback.
The restaurant and breakfast area have a view over the river. Mini marts are nearby. There isn't much public transport around, but we had our own car which makes life easier.
If you book on the internet rates are very competitive. Their website also has interesting deals, like a 2=1 offer.
The only thing I don't get is that the hotel is called 'Serene at Chiangrai'. It's located at walking distance of the Golden Triangle. Yes, it's located in the province of Chaing Rai but Chiang Saen or Golden Triangle would have been better. It might turn potential guests away from this recommended hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank ThaiDweller
Singapore
Reviewed July 25, 2009

This is a newly opened hotel (6 months old at the time of writing, July 2009). I don't think the classification of a Bed and Breakfast does justice to such a charming hotel and the very personable staff that runs the hotel.

This modern boutique style hotel is a pleasant welcome in Chiang Saen, where all other accomodation are quite simple and basic. It has all the modern amenities in the room, including a flat screen LCD that works with colour. You know how valuable it is, as often, even in big cities like Bangkok, 5-star hotels don't have workable TVs.

Being a 6-storey structure, it does not try to overcome the beautiful scenery that is Chiang Saen and the Golden Triangle.

I certainly welcome a beautiful hotel as such in Chiang Saen, and I believe many travellers would too. It would just be better that some reference be made to this idyllic town. Although Chiang Saen is part of the Chiang Rai Province, but Chiang Rai City is about 50km and an hour's drive away.

The General Manager, Ginny, is the single most effective and hardworking GM I have known. Walk into any 5-star hotel in other cities, and I bet you cannot talk to the GM there if you have a problem. Ginny, on the other end of the spectrum, has taken great trouble to ensure her guests are well-informed about the town, and their logistical requirements taken care of.

This Chiang Saen town can be a bit quiet at night. I guess if you want to travel to the Golden Triangle, it would be best to arrange a few friends.

A corporate retreat would be great too. This place certainly has all the makings of a successful corporate retreat.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
A Star Phulare Valley Resort Chiang Rai
Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort
Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle
Gin's Maekhong View Resort & Spa

Been to Serene at Chiangrai Hotel? Share your experiences!