All reviews the rooftop swimming pool ocean view beautiful hotel winter olympics gym lake facilities lobby sea floor beach
Selected filters
Reviewed June 23, 2018

We definitely liked the location and the beach. The swim in the sea walk around the lake was the most pleasant part of the stay.

We did not like lots of things though. Firstly, the restaurant is awful. They advertised best fish and chips in the world and I was stupid to order them for $35. I was given fish fingers and hash browns, all can be bought frosen in a supermarket for $2. The taste was horrendous and the loud music added insult to injury. My wife's salad was not fresh either. Room service was unavailable which is unacceptable for the hotel of such calibre. It is also very difficult to find a decent food near hotel (unless you are Korean). One swim in the swimming pool costs $20, and this is the first time I've seen anything like this. It was hard to get a beach towel: from lobby I was sent to 20th floor to the pool and from there to house keeping.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank Arkadii S
Jamie J, 프론트 매니저 at Golden Tulip Skybay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Dear a_slinko,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your comment.
We are sorry to hear you had a less than pleasant stay with us.

Please rest assured that I will address your feedback directly with our management to improve your service quality.

Thank you once again for your valuable comments and we look forward to another opportunity for us welcome you back and provide better experience in near future.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Rooftop pool (KRW20,000 pp) is a must. If you would like a few photos, without dipping then you can simply walk in and shoot from the deck. Otherwise it's going to be a memorable swim with a superb ocean view in the east. From deck side (west) you will have the lake view with a back drop of mountain ranges. Recommended for everyone. All facilities are new as it was built for the winter Olympics. Enjoy the 'newness', too.

2  Thank Heewon S
Jamie J, 프론트 매니저 at Golden Tulip Skybay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Dear Heewon S,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Golden Tulip Skybay Gyeongpo Hotel during your recent trip to Gangneung and for taking the time to post your feedback. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we are so pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

Thanks again and we shall look forward to your return.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 17, 2018

Sandwiched between a scenic lake and the beach, the brand new hotel couldn't be better located: Don't fret if you get a non-ocean view room cause the lake/mountain/Olympic village view is just as gorgeous. The infinity pool atop the building reminded us of a mini version of Marina Bay Sands hotel in Singapore. The only downside to a otherwise a 5-star hotel is that it gets a bit crowded with children on weekends and some rooms are on the smallish side. But don't let that stop you from visiting this marvelous oasis.

4  Thank Peter P

Dear Peter P,

Your raving review on Golden Tulip Skybay Gyeongpo Hotel is very much appreciated. Thank you for your kind recommendation.

It will be our pleasure to look forward to welcome you again, in not too distant future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 30, 2018

This hotel is located in Korea but still no Korean language website is available though it opened early this year. Made reservation thru a local Korean travel agent. Today called the hotel to confirm my reservation but the front staff had difficulty checking my reservation though I told her my name so I had to give her my reservation number. She mispronounced my name twice so I corrected my last name. She did mention that the internal system is in English. She sent me the confirmation message but it was sent virtually in English with misspelled last name. It seems it will take some time for the hotel to meet the average standard that meets the price I am spending. I am a Korean but I am writing in English so that folks including the hotel pay attention to the basics. In addition I made a personal request but the front staff did not even bother to remind me that they are unable to do so.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank chaun888
Jamie J, 프론트 매니저 at Golden Tulip Skybay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Dear 피터888,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Please accept my sincere apology for what you have experienced during checking your reservation, especially your disappointment on the quality of service.

I will make sure to address your feedback directly with our management and we will work towards improving the quality of our service for sure.

Regarding your feedback for website, I would like to inform your that Golden Tulip Brand team and our hotel marketing team are preparing the website in Korean.

Nevertheless, we look forward to another opportunity for us to welcoming you back and providing better experience in near future.

Thank you once again for your valuable comments.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 11, 2018

A Golden Tulip Hotels at its best. From the minute you pull up to the Hotel, to entering the lobby, and enjoying the rest of the hotel you feel like you are in the best hotel in Gangneung-si.

The restaurant served one of the Best Fish & Chips I have had outside of London!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank SuperTraveler2007
Jamie J, 프론트 매니저 at Golden Tulip Skybay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2018

Dear SuperTraveler2007,

Thank you for your valuable comments and it is truly exciting to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable.

Learning how our guests enjoyed while staying with us and giving us promised opportunity to assist again for next visit brings such an excitement and encouragement for us to push ourselves further for continuously improving our service.

Thank you again for sharing your valuable and warm comments on our hotel and our team with us and please let me know if I can be at any assistance.

We look forward to having you with us again in near future!

With regards,