East Asia Royale Hotel
$50
$43
Agoda.com
Columbus Plaza Hotel(General Santos)
$32
Hotels.com
$37
$31
Agoda.com
Greenleaf Hotel Gensan(General Santos)
Hotelpower.com
Hotel San Marco Gensan(General Santos)
SunCity Suites(General Santos)
Stonewood Hotel(General Santos)
Alchan Suites(General Santos)
  • Breakfast included
Sydney Hotel(General Santos)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewseast asiageneral santos citywithin walking distancebuffet stylecomfortable bedcable tvgaisanogensanamenitiesmaintenanceloungefilipino
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This is without a doubt the best hotel in Gen San. Great food, comfortable and homey rooms, and outstanding service. Even though it had been some years since my last stay, it was like I never left. I could also see many upgrades had been done, as the interior didn't look a day older then the last time I'd stayed there. And one just can't say enough good things about the staff, the most helpful of any hotel I've stayed at any where in the world.

Room Tip: The rooms are so reasonable priced, go for the deluxe or suite.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2011

This is the so called premier hotel of General Santos, but in my opinion, that should be in price only. This non-descript hotel costs more than its competitors and frankly, it’s just not worth it. The hotel has seen better days. The rooms are worn and have not been updated in awhile. We can easily see baked or aged on dirt that has become part of the room’s landscape. Even though the rooms are cleaned well, it’s just not possible to remove grime or dirt that has accumulated for so long and has been shined over, rather than removing it.

We had a room that had a dirty urine smell that we could not figure out where it was coming from. When we reported it to the front desk, they perfumed the room. After a few hours, it was back. It was so bad that it permeated the room. It must have been coming up from a pipe or such. At night, we shut the CR. door, which helped the room from smelling, but when I went in to use the CR in the middle of the night and opened the door, I almost vomited the smell was so bad. We left this hotel before our expected departure date. I realize that this experience does NOT speak for the whole hotel; it only reflects our experience in one room during one period of time. I think it’s more of an observation how the hotel is run down and such problems do not get fixed. We, obviously, were not the first to report it.

On the brighter side…the hotel has free Wi-Fi that works fine, but did go off and on from time to time. Staff are friendly and the security guard is pleasant with a quick hand to assist or an umbrella when it rained. Buffet is included in the room rate for breakfast, which was adequate, with an omelet station and fresh fruit etc. Room has a nice cool AC, but it was a bit noisy as compared to other window units in other places. The room has no refrigerator, which is a big drawback, especially for what we pay for this hotel and the fact that cheaper hotels in the area include them. As frustrating, there is no safe deposit box in the room.

Location of the hotel is nice. Gaisano mall is across the street. ATM machine close by at the BPI bank and many places to eat and drink. The area in front of the hotel has a disco called Babes which is nice for many reasons. There are though prostitutes plying their trade there or out front at night. That is not necessarily bad it’s just for information…

My impression is that most who stay at this hotel think that they are getting better security, service and amenities and prefer a bigger hotel. Let me say, we have stayed in several hotels in the area; check out others before you decide, you may be pleasantly surprised. I would not stay at this hotel again as per our experience, even though it may be isolated, doesn’t warrant a repeat performance. Price also doesn’t match room amenities. I hope the bus station smell in our room is cleaned up.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank leftovertoo
Reviewed March 17, 2011

There are not many accommodation options in General Santos City. Hence you have to put with a place like the East Asia Hotel. Don't expect to get much sleep. They start cleaning rooms already before 7 AM and produce in the process all sorts of noise.
The hotel charges premium but you don't get much for it. There is no mini bar in the room and no coffee or tea making facilities either.
The food is horrible. I spend 8 months a year in hotels, but this was the very first time i had to reject even the tea because of the foul taste of the water.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank wandergesell
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Clean, secure, comfortable hotel with good service. Bar, restaurant and convenience store available in the compund. Provides free pick up and drop off at airport. Only negative comment would be that the breakfast was always cold and no real choice for foreigners.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank KendalVisayas
Reviewed October 28, 2009

This hotel is the best in general santos city. I enjoyed my stay in this hotel.
I like the food. The staff are all accommodating. The location is good, near the malls.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business