All reviewsinspired hotelold worldsm mallcheck in was quickwater pressurethe wi fivery nice hotelbusiness tripwalking distancefurniturelobbyairportlinenscityelevatorgensansoap
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

I like the appearance of the hotel and when I went inside to checkin, the staffs are welcoming and attentive.
The room is also clean and the bed is comfortable, a decent hotel to stay. The quality of sleep was great.
However, if you are going to grab something to eat, you can go outside as there are nearby restaurants and malls as their menus is limited only.
Wifi connection should also be improved.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank basteboi
Hotel San M, Account Executive at Hotel San Marco Gensan, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Hi basteboi,

Thanks for staying with us during your GenSan holiday here in the Philippines.

It's always a pleasure to hear from happy valued guests. This motivates us to maintain the quality of our service and facilities and continue finding ways to further improve, as your satisfaction is indeed our pleasure.

We're looking forward to having you with us again at Hotel San Marco soon. Much obliged.

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

The facade looks old world and this impression carries into the lobby decor.
Refreshing welcome drinks were served and just what was needed after coming in from the hot and humid outside.
Staff friendly, eager to help.
Check in was quick.
The elevator is a tad small but still worked well during the stay.
We had a lot of materials we lugged around for a series of meetings we were hosting and the attendants were very helpful in carrying them. Service with a smile.
The rooms were surprisingly spacious and the beds comfy. The showers could have better water pressure. One had to step closer to the wall to get the full stream of water.
Towels provided and soap.
WiFi was reliable in our room near the staircase but spotty in the others as per my colleagues.
It was delightful that they offer to service the free breakfasts in your room. Always go for the bangus, it was always the best among the selections offered.
On the topic of food, there is a next door local restaurant that serves various Pinoy dishes and buco halo-halo.
The gem though is the attached Mrs. Royce bakery/cafe to the hotel.
They serve a divine brazo cupcake and other baked goodies. Yum!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business

Hi Wandering M,

Reviewed July 2, 2017

I stayed here two nights for my one day Work in Gensan. Impeccable service with the warm italian ambiance.

Every Request I made was done with a smile. that makes me feel at home away from home. Great Job!.and thank you for the Airport service too.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Hotel San M, Account Executive at Hotel San Marco Gensan, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Hi Jeridelrosario,

Reviewed May 22, 2017

I checked in Hotel San Marco on a business trip to GenSan. I just walked into the hotel and asked for an available room. The staff were very helpful and accommodating of my requests. I remember I had a cold when I checked in, and they were kind enough to get me warm calamansi juice. Also, upon checkout, since my flight was in the early morning, the staff had my breakfast packed so that I could have something to eat on my way to the airport - great initiative on their end! Will definitely stay here the next time I come back!

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business

Hi Denise,

Reviewed May 21, 2017

We stayed here only for one night was were travelling around General Santos, the place was nice, all the staff were very helpful. The furniture etc is old, but it adds a nice ambience, the Wi-Fi was rubbish and I was unable to work, but we were told that the next day they were replacing it with a much better fibre Wi-Fi solution.
The freshly made banana pancakes (which took nearly half hour for some reason) we had for breakfast were delicious. They wanted to charge me for a cup of tea with breakfast, coffee was free, but after I explained to the manager about the English and their Tea he waived the charge which is always a nice thing to do to keep your guests happy.
All in all a very nice hotel, wish we’d had time to go back for at least one more night.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple