“this hotel have the worst housekeeping service/staff I've encountered”

Tierra Montana Hotel
Ranked #26 of 46 General Santos B&B and Inns
manila
“this hotel have the worst housekeeping service/staff I've encountered”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I decided to get this hotel on my vacation because of the reviews here. Unfortunately, I think I expected too much. When I arrived at the airport (Sep15), the hotel driver welcomed us (but never talked to us during the entire transfer trip) though the receptionists were also friendly. very accommodating. Though we arrived at 9:30 am and our check-in was not until 2pm, we left our bags and just went to the nearby Robinson's Mall until 2pm. (They do not serve welcome drinks). When we got in our room Room 111. It wasn't what I expected. The bathroom was really small, ants were on the sink. and worst, there were stains (disgusting ones on the bed sheet). I actually took a photo of the stains but unfortunately, my camera got stolen while I was in the city. (sad) They obviously didn't change the beddings. I swear. I then called up the front desk and requested that they change the sheets. After a few minutes, 2 housekeeping staff knocked, came in, changed our bedding, AND DIDN'T EVEN APOLOGIZE to us, they just left and didn't even bother closing the door. The girl came back after noticing that we didn't close the door and closed the door. SO UNPROFESSIONAL!
Breakfast was just set. Not appetizing. You have choices of tapsilog, tocilog etc. (your choice of type of rice, type of egg and choice of drink) or American breakfast. When I requested for an orange juice and pineapple juice, they didn't inform me that I had to pay for it. I was just shocked that they billed me 110 pesos (2 drinks +10 pesos service charge). I was really disappointed. Pool view was amazing but yeah, it's sometimes noisy because the room windows are just surrounding the pool. you can hear the swimmers' conversation. Blackout happened and there were times that the cable tv weren't working.

Overall, I can say, I was disappointed in this hotel. The staff are either too nice or too unprofessional. Cleanliness should be one of their priorities.

Room Tip: don't get one..
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank khrise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This hotel is back off the road so not so much traffic noise but pool parties can be noisy and staff sitting by pool talking and laughing have the night, otherwise great to stay at and for the price pretty ok by us. Lucy & Peter. Brisbane Australia

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Luc280558
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Tierra Montana Hotel is located on the National Highway, not too far from the more well know East Asia Royale Hotel. This hotel is much more economical, and still offers a safe and clean environment. It is more locally run, seemingly knowing their guests more personably than the Royale Hotel. The standard room is P1550, add P100 for a refrigerator if you so desire one. Rate includes breakfast for two. Rooms are adequate size, not big, but clean and comfortable with a flat screen TV on the wall. The CR is a bit small. Also, the shower has a small lip on the floor that is supposed to be designed to prevent water flowing into the rest of the bathroom. This design does NOT work well as often the floor would still get wet from the shower overflow, especially around the toilet. We had to turn the shower off and on while using it to prevent this from happening. Some may think the rooms are a bit dark, as all that they have to light the rooms are small lamps. Maybe it’s a way to hide dirt, not sure, but we found the lighting to be comfortable. The bedding is comfortable and clean. There is free WI-FI in the room. The resto has big helpings at great prices. You can get some nice local fresh tuna dishes. The tuna sisig and tuna Kinilaw are great.

Try to get a standard room that does NOT face out to the pool, as it can get noisy. The pool itself was used by people who had day passes, but did not appear to be clean and we would not use it. This hotel caters to many local groups, weddings and other events. They have a day pass for the pool for P100 which draws use by many and as stated, can be noisy. The rooms that are facing inward to the hotel are darker, but quieter. Pool closes at 11, per the front desk staff, but in fact, on at least one night that was not what happened, it was later.

We found the staff to be friendly. Breakfast is part of the room rate, but it’s mediocre.
There is no safe deposit box in the room; valuables are stored in the front desk office area. We were not comfortable with this arrangement, as the front desk staff seemed confused when we asked about it. It’s a small hotel and easy to get to know staff. AC worked fine and the free wi-fi reached our room and was great. You can get anywhere for the most part for P8 by tricycle. You can walk to Jolly Bee and Chow King fast food restos.

We liked the friendliness of this hotel and the feeling of being in a small hotel. If you want quiet this hotel may not be for you unless you get the inner rooms. Price is right and leaves little to complain about when one compares the rates of other hotels nearby. We found this hotel to be a refreshing break from the East Asia Royale Hotel that we had stayed in previously. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Inward facing rooms, not pool side rooms..
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank leftovertoo
Davao
Reviewed May 30, 2010

Stayed many times at the hotel which in general is very nice .... however during current stay very loud music with extremely loud 'base' from early afternoon until late evening. In the end changed rooms, to a moderately quieter one. I must add that the same problem exists in many hotel in GenSan and Davao, management have absolutely no thought of checked in guest. Seems that local parties take priority over the comfort and well being of paying checked in guests.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank alfred999
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Excellent Stay to this hotel..Superb ambiance...has a swimming pool... Near downtown and Malls...

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business