“Improved Facilities and better service staff”

Apple Tree Resort & Hotel
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Cagayan de Oro
Reviewed August 19, 2011

After all the usual sights and sounds in adventure filled Cagayan de Oro, it is time to have some quiet time along the beach front. Apple Tree Resort hotel in Opol, just west of downtown Cagayan de Oro is a leisurely 20 minute drive near. It is the perfect place to unwind and just relax, or take a swim in the well protected cove where the waves dont get too big and the water depth is about breast height even well over a hundred yards into the ocean.
The new owners have spruced up the place. The inside garden along the walk to the beach makes the place breath. At the time of our visit, construction was on going for the new dive and sports center. The menu has been improved but the prices retained. Do try their classic soup dish, " tinola na tangigui" served in a large bowl that can be shared by 4 people. At P 280 or USD 7/ large bowl, it is good value and very delicious. Full of local herbs to heal tired muscles, it is nutricious to boot.
Best to check in a day or so before your flight home because the airport is accessible thru a bypass route which will avoid the very heavy traffic if coming from downtown Cagayan de Oro City.

Room Tip: Request an ocean front room. It is worth the small upcharge.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank renesio

Reviewed April 14, 2011

This Place is OK? but has a problem with Cockroaches and staff!!! Be careful of this place for bring in food and drinks!!!!! I brought in $4.00 worth of food I got some were else. They wanted to charge me $15.00 because i did not buy it there. At the pool there was a guy working there that keep bothering us at the Pool to give him money for the drinks that we brought in from out side, we payed at the frount desk after about 5 min. he left us a lone. Be careful bring in food and drinks and bring a stick to kill the cockroaches

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank gkisela269
Reviewed March 22, 2011

We have given a written review on their suggestion box and i hope they will consider it.

When my grandpa is still alive we use to have a Sunday lunch with their eat all you can sea food. Lately we just go their on special occasions. With the new management, these are the things we have experienced:

1) Entrance fee of P150?
- P100 is consumable and according to the supervisor P50 is for the improvement of the place, to buy new chairs and other facilities. Hello? Are they government agency? They should put in my mind that being into business CAPITAL EXPENDITURES is under the management pocket and not to the customers! Eh dapat pala customer nlang ang owner...

2) Gosh we went there 7.30am and breakfast is served 9:00am? Is that the service they said why we should pay the entrance of P150?

3) We brought Maja Blanca and Cake and corkage is P500 each? Hello? Corkage is charged when the food you bring is in their menu list ha... The corkage is expensive that Xavier Sports and Country Club? Ka level ba sila?

4) Four of us had a bad stomach and I vomit 3- minute to 1 hour after lunch.... We only eat fish for lunch... Meaning? your in beach with not so fresh fish?

We just needed a fresh air but sad to say MANAGEMENT IS REALLY THAT BAD!

• Stayed: March 2011
15  Thank PazAlfonso
Reviewed October 15, 2010

My wife and I stayed there for three nights and when we were checking out the girl that checked the room came to the desk with an envelope that contained 25 thousand pesos.
I would have missed this shortly, but if she had not returned it no one would have known where it went. I gave her a reward (probable not enough,I don't remember) but she was very honest as this is a lot of money for a hotel worker. I've stayed there four times and each time was a joy with no problems. I will stay here next time in Cagayan De Oro.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank rogermarken
Reviewed June 10, 2010

This Hotel accommodation is over priced , i read reviews & when i booked over phone i confirmed price Php 1800 per night , qeen bed , fringe ensuite all with a yes . Upon arival , iwas told that i was miss informed & my room was now Php 2700 , i was not a happy camper n told her about the review n scam this hotel is known for , so she dropped the rate to Php2070 & told me that was it . the she said if u dont like that rate please leave . i took it as the hotel is the best of the ones in this area. The food & service from the other staff i cound not fault . The rooms need to be updated as they are run down + the plumbing needs attention. You will be happy if u can past paying for 5 star room & get a 3 star one. WATCH THE ROOM OVERCHARGING

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank HAPPYPLUMBER
Reviewed April 11, 2010

My children and I frequent Apple Tree Resort, and I simply do not get it why the resort is not getting any good review. Surprisingly, our stay at Apple Tree were all good, and we have stayed several times over the last year because of the pool and the service.

First stay in Apple Tree was in the late 1999, and it was Lauremar then. Not much have changed, except that I can attest to the fact that the food service is better now. Last time we were there, we stayed at their premier suite and the place was clean except for the dusty curtain, which I assume was because their premier suite is seldom occupied because of the steep price. Breakfast was covered and my children had pancakes and filipino breakfast and over-all, the food quality was good. It came a tad late though and it was because the resort seem to have very few waiters and the occupancy rate was high (there was a convention as well) But that should have not been a good excuse, I know.

In terms of pool quality, it is safe for children as they have both a kiddie and adult pool, but I will not suggest you leave your children unattended there as they have no pool guard. Anything can happen..

One of the thing that made this trip memorable, was I left my daughter's nebulizer in the room. I called the office right after and the manager told me they in fact have the equipment and they will keep it safe until my representative picks up the machine. What else can I say? Its good overall for me and my kids will say they always have a blast there.

And hey their french fries is good as well as the fried chicken. And yes, they have free wifi. The only sad thing is its only available in the lobby, restaurant and the pool area. You can get some from the balcony but its intermittent.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank AlmaCH
Reviewed April 8, 2010

A beautifull resort, a very clean hotel, nice structure of building, a nice beach, a balcony with a nice view of the swimmingpool. only little bit far away from the center of cagayan de oro. u can have a room with king size bed. A great hotel, very friendly workers. No negative things for this hotel

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple