“You'd be tied up with Thai Me Up!”
Review of Thai Me Up

Thai Me Up
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our vision is to become Cagayan de Oro's ultimate food destination. We are always reminded with our mission which is to create a memorable experience for all our guests. We do not claim to be an AUTHENTIC THAI RESTAURANT as we have to tailor-fit our dishes to Filipino taste, otherwise, no diners will dine with us as our food would be ALL SPICY :-). As we continue to live with our mission and vision, rest-assured that we will maintain our standards to be be able to serve you the best way we can. Happy Dining! :)
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You'd be tied up with Thai Me Up!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Thai and Fil me up is one of the best restaurants offering great thai food and filipino food. My ultimate favorite is the sesame beef with the sweet tamarind sauce! If you want something refreshing u can grab their thai spring rolls pretty laid on a platter and it comes with a great dip. One surprising rice dish i love and crave is the tinapa rice, it has that authentic filipino flavors that will surely make u order for more. A meal will not be complete without dessert! thai me up has a very impressive line up of desserts but i have two most favorite, the Mango Mambo and Durian Cheesecake! Well i have a long list of my favorite items from thai me up to share but who knows, ur list might be longer than mine! Just a caution when u dine in Thai/Fil Me up, be ready to be thaid up or filled up! :-)

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank pastryfreak

Mindanao, Philippines
“Surprise”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My prior impression in going to a restaurant names “Thai Me Up/Fil Me Up” that served both Thai and Filipino food was that it’s Thai food would be awful. Surprise! It was (mostly) delicious, the second best Thai food I have eaten in the Philippines. (I have lived in Thailand eating exclusively Thai food, for almost four years, so I know Thai food.) I should hasten to add that calling the food the second best is NOT damning it with faint praise. The best Thai food in the Philippines is served in People’s Palace in Manila, and that restaurant serves better Thai food than in Thailand.

Since there were eleven in our party, we had an opportunity to taste many dishes in one visit. The owner/cook at Thai Me Up is a Filipino chef who likes Thai food so much he went to Bangkok and studied cooking at the Blue Elephant school. He learned well. My only complaint (aside from the awful pun in the name) is that in some dishes there is (too much) sugar. Thais, like Filipinos, have a sweet tooth, but not in curries or even in the satay sauce, at least to the extent added in some of the dishes. Despite this small caveat, all the dishes were excellent. The curries, beef salad, and classic tom yang gung (hot shrimp soup) really had a lot of “zip” with no concessions made to local tastes. But, at the end of the meal, all the plates were empty, even though I thought I had over-ordered.
Not oly did we all have a wonderful meal, but for me, Thai Me Up provides a viable alternative (and a much cheaper one) to La Vetta, my favorite restaurant in Cagayan de Oro. Please also note that we ate at the home base of this restaurant. It has a branch in Centrio Mall which we have not tried.

• Visited April 2013
Bacolod, Philippines
“Delicious”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

All the food we ate here were all delicious, including the tilapia, the love potion drink, the garlic shrimp and bagoong rice. Definitely worth every penny in your pocket.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ozziee_ojay
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Couple of these dotted in and around CDO... visited the Centrio outlet.Good service and food,reasonable portions.Priced as expected for an outlet in the new mall (IE slightly more expensive than downtown places)

Visited February 2013
2 Thank AltyDave
Butuan City
“Taste of Thai”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The service is always friendly and the food is consistently good.The restaurant is large with plenty of seating and the service is prompt and friendly

• Visited June 2012