“Your CDO experience will not be complete without it!”

Kagay Whitewater Rafting
Ranked #1 of 9 Tours in Cagayan de Oro
Makati, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Your CDO experience will not be complete without it!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is a late review. I was here last April 2013 on a business trip but our satellite office arranged for us to try this attraction before our training.

It was my first time to try something like this and it was definitely worth it! We were picked up at the hotel and they took us at the starting point. The staff are professional and they gave us instructions on what we should do during the entire course. They would even share funny stories and experiences along the way which made it even more entertaining.

I would definitely come back here with my wife!

Visited June 2013

• Hebrew first
Makati, Philippines
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Try it!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were in cdo for a family trip. The river rafting experience was safe enough to bring a 9 year old kid and a 60 year old aunt. But it was still challenging enough to give us 20 year olds a thrilling ride. I recommend Bugsay to be your guides they are a fun bunch.

1 Thank thirdylopez
Auckland Region, New Zealand
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Great 4 hours”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We been looking for somewhere to go rafting since travelling the Philipines finally got the opportunity and had a great time. A bit more water could have added a bit more excitement but that's rafting.
Overall we had a great time with a great guide who pointed out interesting things on our journey.
Well worth the time and money.
Thanks.

1 Thank Darrel H
philippines
197 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 906 helpful votes
“professional organization”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I applaude Kagay for being organized, professional, and fun. This is actually my 3rd time to do whitewater rafting with Kagay, but the 1st time on the advanced course. Since we were a very big group, we needed to coordinate with Kagay. We were able to finalize everything, through the power of sun (mobile!). Since our group needed to catch up with part of our(non-rafters) group for lunch, we arranged with Kagay for a 6-630am pick up time so that we can be done by 12noon. They were already there before 6am! They estimated the time needed so that we can return for our lunch appointment, and we disembarked at the end point at almost 12 noon!

Our big group were kept within eyesight of each other, and we even interacted with each other's raft several times. Each raft were treated differently, depending on the status of the riders. We had rafts with some small kids, some that were elderly, and some whose riders were,,, conservative. The rafting guides worked each raft accordingly. Since my raft were all non first timers, we had the time of our lives. There were instances we stood up as we went through a certain rapid, there was one time 5 rafters were asked to lean and face over the side of the boat while the guide and myself paddled to keep the raft on its right side as we went through a rapid, giving the 5 a great experience with their face meeting the oncoming splash!!

The water was slow and low. I even felt the bottom of the raft touch the rocky bottom on one part, this never happened on my 1st two trips so many years ago. However, that did not stop them from making it challenging and fun. What they did in this trip was different from my 1st two, which means doing the white water rafting is really customized and a spur of the moment experience.

We were dropped off at the hotel, also right on time as estimated. We took a shower, then I went to their office to pay and got a copy of pics, videos, all in a dvd, within 1 hour after we were dropped off at our hotel! Overall, a great experience. Hmm, maybe I should try their expert course?? And when the water is higher, faster!

4 Thank al22tecc
Cebu City, Philippines
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Wonderful adventure even for kids”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My kids were really afraid they would hurt themselves after seeing videos of the rafting and especially of stories of the raft "tipping" over. After much encouragement and assurance, my kids age 11 and 9 joined the trip. By policy, they allow age 6 & up but the youngest rafter was 1 1/2 years old. There is a safety briefing and short instruction before the start of the trip.

We took the advance course but in retrospect 4 hours under the sun is a little too much for young kids especially when the river is slower but calmer compared to after it just rains. The beginner course is good enough for first timers and you don't miss that much compared to the advance course. (Remember to put sunblock on the knees and lap if you are wearing shorts or better bring the sunblock with you in the raft.)

Since the raft needs only 6 to paddle, small kids can take turns when you have 7 passengers. One can sit in the middle and take photos. With a good guide, he can easily master the rapids and keep it from flipping. (Its better to take a dip in the deeper and calmer portions of the river.) Since it didn't rain the last few weeks, the water was very clear. Its important to paddle when the guide says so to be able to maneuver the rapids.

The kids love getting splash when we go through the rapids and also splashing other boats. It was very enjoyable. They easily forgot their fears after they went through the first rapids. It looks a lot scarier in the videos than when your riding it.

4 Thank Charles C