“Great Experience -- BUT make sure the Kagay Coordinator understand you very clearly!!”

Kagay Whitewater Rafting
Ranked #1 of 9 Tours in Cagayan de Oro
Reviewed October 13, 2013

It was all worth the travel to CDO for this adventure. Fun filled day it is.

The only negative experience we had was that we were not picked up from our hotel as planned. We provided our clear information on our hotel (Golden Stallion Suite) but when the day came, they said they are at different hotel (Kingston hotel)! We reviewed our conversation at facebook and it was clear we provided the correct information. We got no choice but to hurriedly get a taxi/cab and chase the scheduled time with an additional travel cost for us while crossing our fingers that we get on time fearing that the group tour would leave us. Our day was almost ruined but had been trying to keep our temper because we traveled all the way from Manila and we dont like to ruin everything. We are hoping to get a rebate for our travel expense but they only said sorry.

My suggestion to all who is planning is to create a clear communication with Kagay's coordinator --reconfirm and ensure all the information are correct on the day before...and reconfirm and clarify again all the information at least an hour before the pick up date, to make sure your day wont be ruined like what happened to us!

Its good that my wife and I are proactive enough to be patient and simply accept the burden of additional expenses.

Setting aside the inconvenience, the overall experience of whitewater rafting was indeed a great experience. And the tour guides are very nice and very professional with what they do.

1  Thank Erik P

Reviewed September 16, 2013

It's my first time! :) And Kagay made my first White Water Rafting experience a BLAST! It is greatly recommended by our friends. We took the Advance Course which lasts for almost 3 and half hour. They pick up us at the hotel and travel around 30 minutes to the drop off site. At first, I feel so nervous but if fade away when we I can feel that our guide can take good care of our safety. Kuya guide is very funny and always tell jokes that's why you can feel the enjoyment and be entertained. I super enjoyed the rapids. It's a great adventure! There would be also souvenir pictures taken by another Kuya riding in a kayak. I even experienced riding in Kayak while conquering the wild rapids. Woooooo! The advance course is more exciting as it has less still water than the Basic course. This would be an adventure that I could not forget. I survived the great rapids along the Cagayan river! Thanks to Kagay for guiding us!

2  Thank diannekristine
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I think this is my fifth trip on the river with Kagay. Each trip has been well handled and with good guides. I recommend you do the advance trip as it is longer and more enjoyable. The rapids have changed since Typhoon Sendong, but it is still a good trip. For an additional fee you can purchase a CD of photos of your trip and it is worth it. They will also provide hotel pickup. The only complaint I have from this last trip is that we had to wait quite a long time for a couple that was to be on the trip, so this delayed our departure.

There are many good hotels and restaurants now in CDO, but Trip Advisor is not very reliable nor up to date source for this information for CDO or other places in the Philippines. For some reason they will not accept new hotels and restaurants, even when provided with addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. I suggest you look other places online to find out about new places or the places the locals enjoy.

2  Thank kuyals
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our guide Pers, is so prof,kept us so safe but lots a fun while rafting,his priority our safety,and very attentive to each our needs, like this guy, highly recomm,his instructions very clear,The water rafting is NOT to be missed, not complete w/out this, contact him at Kagay owner is Dan Kaamino.They gave us a CD for reasonable price,i think we must further promote this sports, Thanks to former Pres.Glo for showing this site to us, it increased awareness of this attraction. Highly recomm

2  Thank GraceSanJuan
Reviewed April 25, 2013

First timer! I was scared at first, just like my friends. After 2 hours, at the later part, you will feel that you wanted more! You will be wanting to have your pump boat blow you off the strong tides of water. You wouldn't mind the heat of the sun, matter of fact, because of so much fun, you wouldn't care for your flawless, rosey, white skin AT ALL! Our guide was so funny, and nice, unfortunately, I already forgot his name, but my husbands still remembers him. I so love the place. I conquered it.

3  Thank allthaticansee