“Under new management”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cagayan de Oro
Dynasty Court Hotel
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Cagayan de Oro
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Been closed since January and February, re opened just 2nd week of March under new management and new staffs.

Overall my 2 nights stay was a very good experience.

The hotel staff are all courteous and very accommodating.

Strong wifi inside rooms, cool air conditioning, large flat screen cable TV. Phone and complete complimentary toiletries and free breakfast on plate.

A mid range priced hotel in the middle of the city. A good choice.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Kenneth L

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I guess if you are just looking for a hotel where you can just sleep for the night, this will do. Wifi does not work in the hotel rooms. Buffet is ok but nothing grand about it. However, I do love their coffee.

Room Tip: As wifi is not a factor, I guess any room will do.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank janettetoral
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed for a night here last week of November 2013. Thanks God..i booked for a night only. I will never stay in this hotel again.

Staffs were very courteous. They had a grand Christmas decorations in the reception area and in the restaurant. Its a very old hotel. It's alright since everything seems good BUT NOT until we stepped out from the elevator to 3rd floor where our room was located. It has an awful smell. I think it came from the very old carpet in the hallway. Since no fresh air coming inside so all we can smell was that cigarettes, dust from the old carpet in d hallway. Its disgusting. The room was large and just fine. TV and aircon were good. Bathroom was also fine except for d very old white towel that became dirty white and rough (for me it looks like rugs) cause of many years using and washing. Better bring and use your own. Our room has no window....another thing not good in this hotel. It s like a spooky hotel. We cannot sleep at night coz we heard of someone striking his hammer. Its like a carpenter working. Staff said there's none but we both heard it till 3am. I didnt get asleep even we leave the TV on ,we still heard it.

Buffet breakfast were good.

Their wifi was good and has no password except for d restaurant's wifi but you can easily ask the atttentive staff for it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jrak907
Reviewed November 25, 2013

If like Bilbo Baggins (and myself) where travelling is a Hobbit, you would like to stay in a hotel that will not bleed your wallet dry and yet make you feel your stay has been Precious. I booked myself at Dynasty Court since this is where our partner in Cagayan de Oro scheduled our seminar. Skeptical,

I checked in from the airport and discovered that while the concierge is not that big, the space for hospitality among the staff is cavernous. I was given a room on the 5th floor and the "standard" room has two single beds, with space to work (I need it to update my presentation), a digital cable (I like CNN, Discovery and Animal Planet as background noise).

The bathroom was stacked with toiletries which - alleliuah! - I needed because I left my toiletry bag. There were 2 toothbrushes with toothpaste, soap, shampoo, body and hand lotion, as well as the standard shower cap and two immaculate, clean smelling towels. Tip: when using the shower, be sure to have the water to start running warm, set it to the temperature you desire then DON'T touch the lever until you're done. Otherwise, you might find yourself getting cold shower when you twist it to the right.

The elevator "genie" has a British-Hong Kong accent (which amusingly, deliberately miss out the letter 'r" as the lift gets up (First Flo..2nd Flo..):-) Breakfast is included with the rate and is it sumptious with local dishes: crunchy fried fish, omelets cooked the way you like, cereal for the Western tummy, fruits, coffee. Ah, a Hobbit feast indeed.

Dynasty Court is just two block off the main City square and a 25 minute brisk walk from the provincial Capitol. Walking is a great way to acquaint yourself with the neighborhood. Tip \: taxi drivers are courteous and honest. If you want locally flavored transport, take the tricycle-minicab but be ready to share route and stops with several other passengers,

I overbooked by a day and was informed that I have a day left. Unfortunately, I have to leave on that day back to Manila. i hope I can use it the next time I'm in the City.

Room Tip: Rooms are aired out daily so any floor should be good. Even the 2nd floor would not be vulnerable to...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank crispin a
Reviewed September 30, 2013

As an alternative to our usual haunt we tried the Dynasty Court and found this to be a reasonable hotel, even though our stay was short (3 nights). The breakfast selection was fantastic and catered to many tastes. The Hotel and rooms need to be uplifted, cleaned and given a fresh look. The Staff were generally fine and supportive of your needs. The Hotel is located centrally, with many shops and restaurants and businesses close by. The Night Club across the road gave us no problems with sleeping. As a big coffee drinker, I found the lack of a fridge and facilities annoying and is just another way Hotels get you to spend your money once inside.....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This centrally located hotel does not appear to face much local opposition. From the outside the hotel appears impressive, the doormen are efficient as is reception. However once you are in the lift the reality becomes clearer. Faded and characterless corridors lead to very ordinary rooms - mine did not have a window - and average facilities.
Like most things on the ground floor the breakfast was good and well served.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms to the front facing the Pulse club
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank travelbug47london
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The hotel stands at the center of Cagayan De Oro City. All major establishments are accessible from this place (SM, Centrio Ayala Mall, Lim Ketkai, Cogon market, Gaisano Mall, Gaston Park, St. Augustine Metropolitan Cathedral and major universities of the city).
Standard rooms are slightly modern from deluxe rooms but have no windows. The rest of the rooms are with windows but tend to be very noisy in the night because of the "Pulse" disco house just across the street.
The 2 elevators are working well but the hotel does not have a service elevator for its crew.
The housekeeping crew are friendly, though.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business