“Better out than in”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cagayan de Oro
Dynasty Court Hotel
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Cagayan de Oro
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This centrally located hotel does not appear to face much local opposition. From the outside the hotel appears impressive, the doormen are efficient as is reception. However once you are in the lift the reality becomes clearer. Faded and characterless corridors lead to very ordinary rooms - mine did not have a window - and average facilities.
Like most things on the ground floor the breakfast was good and well served.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms to the front facing the Pulse club
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank travelbug47london

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The hotel stands at the center of Cagayan De Oro City. All major establishments are accessible from this place (SM, Centrio Ayala Mall, Lim Ketkai, Cogon market, Gaisano Mall, Gaston Park, St. Augustine Metropolitan Cathedral and major universities of the city).
Standard rooms are slightly modern from deluxe rooms but have no windows. The rest of the rooms are with windows but tend to be very noisy in the night because of the "Pulse" disco house just across the street.
The 2 elevators are working well but the hotel does not have a service elevator for its crew.
The housekeeping crew are friendly, though.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank shadowcat80
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Dynasty court is right bang in the middle of cagayan opposite the best club in town "pulse"
The rooms are spacious with nice bathrooms but no double beds and although they pushed 2 singles together it made frantic lovemaking difficult
After lovemaking we were looking forward to some room service and tried to order before the 9 pm cut off time but the chef had gone home
Also the lady on reception kept bugging me for my voucher even though I clearly told her I didnt have one and she had slready received one copy from agoda
The breakfast was ok if you were filipino fish chicken pancit but nothing for european tastes
I have stayed at much better for less than the 40 dollars they are asking

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank chris c
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I just spent 4 nights here and overall it was a pleasant stay. Staff was friendly, breakfast buffet was good and the location of the hotel is very convenient. It's located one block away from the Divisoria, a park which turns into a late night shopping/entertainment festival every Friday and Saturday night. It was also only a twenty minute walk to the Ayala Centrio Mall or 60 pesos by taxi. The lobby and dining room were clean and well furnished in a vaguely Chinese style. I get the impression that it's considered one of the better hotels in CDO. The 6th and 7th floors are used for functions, and a high school prom took place while I was there.
HOWEVER, there are three types of rooms in this hotel - standard, deluxe and suite. I booked a deluxe room and when I saw the room I was, to put it mildly, extremely disappointed. The deluxe room hadn't been renovated in at least fifteen years and was musty smelling with paint peeling and cracked fixtures in the bathroom. It was an unacceptable place to stay in. I went down to the lobby and spoke to the management. I found out that the Standard and Suite room had been recently renovated while the Deluxe hadn't, and they had no plans to do so in the near future. Why then call it a deluxe room?

I took a look at the standard and suite rooms and they had indeed be recently renovated. The standard rooms do not have windows and I need some natural sunlight once in a while so I upgraded to a suite. It cost me an extra 1000 pesos a night. I wasn't happy about the extra cost, but my stay in the room was pleasant enough. I was on the fifth floor looking out over the city with the mountains in the distance. I was on the side street and it was relatively quiet. There is a nightclub in the front of the hotel and I noticed that it got loud on Friday and Saturday nights

Please note that my ratings and reviews reflect the fact that this is a Filipino hotel. If this had happened to me in Europe or the USA I would have raised a huge stink and would be writing a scathingly negative review, but in the Philippines you have to roll with punches.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the "Deluxe" rooms!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed at The Dynasty Court Hotel for two nights.

This hotel is showing its age in various parts of the hotel. The lobby design looks like an 80s or 90s design and the restaurant has the same feel. The elevators are slow and chipped paint are visible. The walls at the halls leading to the rooms look like it was haphazardly repainted. Some parts of walls show patches of new paint over the old one.

The room in itself are air conditioned but the wall-mounted AC unit has seen better days. Although it was working, I felt the AC was a tad inadequate. It was an old National AC from the 90s. Take note, Panasonic has been the new name of National several years now. The TV is a flat screen mid 2000's Samsung CRT TV with a Parasat cable box. For the room rate, I would have expected an LCD/LED TV. The room doors are still using the door knob-and-key. The beds are just about OK. The table to put the luggage is insufficient. Only one medium sized luggage takes up 3/4 of the space. I had to put my luggage on the floor. There are complimentary bottled water available and housekeeping supplies you with new bottles daily. The bathroom is kind of upgraded. But the flusher is still old school. The shower head also needs updating. Toiletries like tissue paper, dental kits, soap, shampoo, lotion, buds and shower cap are all provided for.

However, I do see efforts in trying to upgrade and update the hotel. They're just not quite there yet. I hope these upgrading and updating efforts would be much more evident if I ever come back here.

What makes up for these shortcomings are the professional and courteous staff from housekeeping to banquet hall to front desk to security. They are attentive and seem to be good at what they do. Newspapers are offered at the front desk (Star and Bulletin). The lobby isn't really much to see but it's OK. Some of the wooden chairs closer to the entrance are made of solid hardwood.

Breakfast is free if you choose a room rate with breakfast. IT's buffet breakfast but the choices are quite limited. Only three types of food each time. They don't taste anywhere near fantasic but the taste is good to tolerable. There is also plain rice or garlic rice. The other table has cereal - corn flakes and Koko Krunch with milk, French toast, or you may choose to toast bread yourself with a toaster available or pick up some pancakes instead. Desserts are basically fresh fruits - watermelon, melon, pineapple, papaya, apple, and some small chocolate flavored puto (rice cupcake). Eggs are available. Just tell the egg cook how you'd like it cooked. Coffee is either instant (in sachet) or electronically brewed Rocky Mountain Coffee in regular or strong. Sugar or NutraSweet and cream is available. If coffee isn't your thing, Lipton tea is available to dunk in a hot cup of water. And then there's orange juice and lemonade too, but not the freshly squeezed kind.

For those with vehicles, parking space is observed to be quite limited. The hotel is in the middle of a busy section of CDO during the day. A bank (PBCom) with ATM fronts the hotel, so cash shouldn't be a problem. For those who like live band entertainment at night, one the other corner near the hotel, there's a place called Pulse. I didn't have the time to go there though and preferred a quiet night staying in the room with my laptop and free wi-fi. Signal is between average to very strong where I stayed.

Considering the room we got had no windows, no sound of traffic, honking, revving engines are heard. That's a plus factor. Better sleep. But since it has no windows, it always feels like it's still night time even if it's broad daylight outside. Not much is heard from the halls outside the room, so I could say the room acoustics are good and shuts out most of the hall noises like people talking loudly, footsteps, etc.

Overall, it's a good stay. I hope the place gets more upgrades. It's just the staff who made it more pleasant than I had expected.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed a total of 14days in Dynasty Hotel in CDO on business trip. Location is really good. Its in the middle of downtown. On weekend, DVSoria (Plaza) is closed to traffic. There's a set-up of food stalls, 2nd items for sale, knock off items abound. My room is good for 2 at a daily rate is P1440 (corporate discount) or $34 (42:1 conv rate). Buffet breakfast is already included. The food is different everyday for 1 week. There's an egg station, they will cook your eggs no matter how you want it. The room is always made up. You may request for additional pillow but for a minimal fee of P12 or $.28. You have 2 bottles of water daily, 500ml, for free. There's little cockroaches though in the bathroom (but not all the rooms, i stayed in 3 rooms in 14days). There's toothbrush, shampoo, soap, earbuds, lotion. I stayed in a standard room, there's no window in it. The newspaper can be claimed at the front desk. The lights is soft yellow, I would prefer a flourescent light though. Cellphone signal is weak though. But the WIFI access is very FASTand FREE! Lastly, the staff service is the most important factor for me. They always have a ready smile. Technicians respond quickly. The staff are courteous from the doorman to waiters, to technician, to front desk. I feel very safe.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker, get the 3rd and 4th floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank littlerock_11
Reviewed May 15, 2012

On the plus side, the hotel was relatively clean and safe. The staff was friendly. The beds were of average comfort, being a little on the hard side. This was more of a problem for my wife than for me.
On the other hand, the bathroom, especially the shower was a big problem for both of us. The water pressure was so low in our 4th floor room that it was just a trickle of Luke warm water. It was barely capable of accomplishing the task of rinsing the soap off and not freezing us in the process. I hate to make too much of this, but a hot shower with good pressure is one of the main things I want in a hotel stay.
The bathroom was also spartan, having just barely the soap, shampoo and tp necessary. Lastly as far as the bathroom is concerned, the entrance to it had a 2-3 inch drop to the high school gym type tile floor. This wasn't a huge problem but could easily cause a painful fall when walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night with the lights off in order not to wake one's spouse. Actually for an older person than myself, a fall to a hard tile floor could be a real vacation ender if they break a hip.
As others have noted, this hotel is located next to a disco that plays loud music late into the night. If your room is on that side of the hotel as ours was, this could be a problem. I was so tired that I slept anyway, but between the hard bed and loud music, my wife slept little that night.

So what do I want from a hotel? It must be safe and relatively clean. On this the dynasty court was average. The beds must be comfortable and dynasty court was below average on this. The bathroom was far below average, being neither comfortable, attractive or even safe. At least it wasn't nasty...I've actually seen nasty before!

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from the disco. Also ask to see the bathroom and test the water pressure and h...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family