“Fun Day out in Cagayan De Oro.”

Malasag Eco-Tourism Village and Gardens
Russellville, Alabama
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Fun Day out in Cagayan De Oro.”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Entrance to the park is 30 Pesos (that's about 75 cents US) so for that price there is nothing to complain about. There is a small animal sanctuary (zoo) with monkey, birds (Sea eagle was unique), snakes and tree-dwelling animals. For 50p ($1.25) you can enter the pool for the day. Unfortunately the pool was closed on the day of our visit and there were no tribal dances due to wedding preparations. The climb to the pool and animals is steep and not for the elderly or those with mobility challenges. The grounds are well-kept and the flora beautiful. There were a few souvenir stands with some unique items (boar tusks, carved dear skulls & monkey skulls), bead-work and nice woven bags (the native bags really make nice gifts). Maybe a little over-priced but to be expected at such a venue. The cafe is nice with a great view. The food prices are reasonable and tasty. I would caution that despite the names on the menu the food is "Filipino." I order a "club sandwich" and was disappointed- it was not what I expected. My wife however ordered squid adobo (which is a local food style) and it was fantastic- so just stick to the local cuisine and you'll be fine.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank BarryGCarpenter

Subic, Philippines
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“educational visit”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went there on my 1st visit to Mindanao with a friend without any idea what they have there. I don't know if there is a public transport but in our case,we just rented a scooter.there is a minimal fee and right there in the entrance is a group of Muslim tribe dancing.After that is a different tribe showcasing their dances and culture.Never knew that Muslims have different tribes. I joyfully joined them dancing to the beat of the drum. Traditional weaving is still used by the Bukidnon tribe which I sure know how to do. I always enjoy the adventure of learning different culture between Muslims and Christians.

I also like the hanging bridge. there are bird cages too but i love the flowers. There is a pool and cottages for rent. A nice ocean view from the little outdoor cafe and on the side was a weaving stuffs used by the Bukidnon Tribe,some Muslims are also selling souvenir items and one elderly give me the deer head which was beautifully cleaned and varnish.

Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“A nice place to walk and talk - Not too much to see or do”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went there with a friend with expectations of seeing more than was actually there. I'm not sure if it is just run down, ill conceived, underfunded or uncompleted. It was nice to walk around, nice view of the ocean from the little outdoor cafe. There are some cages in various areas with a few birds, lizards and monkey's - all pretty sad looking, unfortunately. There are a few craft sellers with necklaces, trinkets etc. By western standards it won't meet your expectations for an "Eco Village". There is a small lodging area for those who wish to stay overnight. We took a taxi there (relatively cheap in the area), but when there, we found out there is no transportation back to town! No bus. No taxi's. :( Luckily we got a hold of a friend, who took a taxi there to pick us up a few hours later, otherwise we would be in big trouble. It is miles away from the main road. Not walkable. So beware and plan accordingly. In the end it was nice to be out in nature to spend time with a friend, but this is really between 2 and 3 circles. I recommend bringing sunscreen, hat and a couple liters of water if you visit. It is also not ideal for the elderly as there are many steps and steep slopes.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank medschoolguy
Dasmarinas City, Philippines
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Located Uphill”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Located uphill, far from the hi-way. Don't know if there is a public transportation going to this place. In our case, we just asked a relative to bring us here. What I like here is the hanging bridge but you have to pay minimal fee aside from what you'll have to pay in the main entrance. There is a pool here. Though, I don't know if that is for exclusive use of their in-house guests.

Visited December 2012
Bonaire
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“it was raining, but still nice”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Went with a friend to see what eco-tourisn means in Southern Philippines, expecting to be disappointed sorely. But no, the only uncool thing was that it was raining too much to really get around and see the whole thing. I would go back there and try again.

Visited September 2012