“The Best Restaurant on Mindanao, hands down”

La Vetta Restaurant and Wine Bar
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: http://food.clickthecity.com/b/io1f624
Kandahar, Afghanistan
“The Best Restaurant on Mindanao, hands down”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This unassuming place across the street from entrance to Limketkai Center shopping mall has world class wine and cuisine. The barley soup is the best I have had outside of Switzerland. Has a great wine selection. The restaurant is spotlessly clean, with good service and real professional chefs. This is quite a find in a place like Cagayan de Oro. It is a little pricey compared to comeptitors but worth every penny. THE place to eat in Cagayan de Oro!

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank csundseth

Makati, Philippines
“Excellent find!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed a few months in the city and have been disappointed with the restaurants I've been to. But La Vetta changed that. Am grateful for the delicious and HEALTHY meals (i think no other place serves msg free food) and superb service that I have not felt anywhere else. That personal feel...makes visiting there truly feel like home. I will surely miss La Vetta.

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Vigil A
Mindanao, Philippines
“Great as usual”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have written reviews of La Vetta several times. Over the years, La Vetta has become relatively pricier and, with Carsten's attention on his many ventures, possibly the food quality has declined somewhat (but not the wonderful service). Nevertheless, leaving aside a few restaurants at pricy resorts, La Vetta is one of the three top restaurants south of Manila: La Vetta, Bon Appitit (Davao) and UrChoice (Dipolog). Go to La Vetta if you value gentlly flavored and spiced food. Go to Bon Appetit is you value rich sauses. And go to UrChoice if you love Italian food.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Don L
Hays, Kansas
“Good food”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The food is good and there is a nice variety. Service is good and they have good WiFi service. A nice ambiance and there is outdoor seating. I thought the prices were a little high for CDO, but I will go back as there are other selection on the menu which I would like to try.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank kuyals
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Second home”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My best pal took us to this place he called as his second home, where he goes to when he needs to 'reconnect' with life in Europe. So we all went there on a Friday night. I was not expecting much. We ordered a bottle of french wine which was recommended by their staff who knew so much about wines i was impressed. We then started with a bruschetta and some cold cuts and cheese. True enough it was like back home. The service was very good and the night continued with surprisingly good flavorsome food. We had Bouillabaise which was absolutely stunning while my friend had barley soup, and the ratatouille soup is a must try. Then we had a salad and tenderloin steak (the peppercorn sauce was superb!), a salmon pasta for my wife which she said was the best she ever had in the Philippines so far, wagyu osso buco, goulash, and a few desserts . The flambe was so-so, but we liked the presentation by the waiter. My wife had this dessert that looked like a chocolate souffle which was very good. The place was a bit quite loud for me but the laughter and fun we also had made me forget all that. The chef who was german came and spoke to us briefly about how he came to the city. He happened to work in Switzerland for 20 years,with a few years in tschuggen grand, a six star hotel (which explains it all). Over all, this was a wonderful experience. Great bottle of wine, good food in the company of great friends.

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank Steven H
lavettarestaurant, Manager at La Vetta Restaurant and Wine Bar, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Steven H,
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are more than happy to know that we have made your visit worthwhile. It is good to learn from guests like you our strengths, so we keep them going, as well as our weaknesses, so we learn to work on them.

Thank you very much for visiting our place. We would be happy to be of service again.