“Good property & Food”

Ranked #14 of 51 Cagayan de Oro B&B and Inns
Cebu City, Philippines
“Good property & Food”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed there Feburary 2013. The grounds are very nice & well kept with a nice swimming pool. Good ocean view but as mentioned no real beach. I was there for a convention & they were serving food for 100 people. The food was WAY above average for that kind of service & the employees were polite.I would stay there again. There are some nice, small cabins with a good ocean view.

Room Tip: Stay in a private room if available. The large building can be noisy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bill B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Pittsburg, California
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

My first stay in Chali was excellent. That is why we opted to stay there again. But, unfortunately this time it was a horrible experience. We have made reservations beforehand but when we got there no room was available. We were told it will be ready in a couple of hours, it was fine and we waited. When we got to the room and aching for a shower - there was no water! Can't even flush! A well made bed can not, can not, again can not justify hairs under the covers! We planned to stay for three days - we had to leave. Disappointing. Management failed this time.

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank ruk123

Travelers are raving about these Cagayan de Oro hotels

Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed October 29, 2012

It's quite affordable for a quick visit in Cagayan De Oro city. We spent 2 nights here during our educational tour and the students enjoyed the stay because of the pool though it wasn't available during our last night because there was a wedding reception. The food serving is not so generous. The plated meals we had were not enough for a good meal. Our students had to order again because the servings were not enough. It also took some time when you order thru room service. It took almost an hour to arrive. the staff are honest because they returned the pair of shoes that was left in the canteen. You have a nice view at the beach side in the morning though you can't swim in the beach since the water is quite dirty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hays, Kansas
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The grounds are very nice and the rooms are average, but overpriced. There is NO beach, but you can stand on a cement wall and look at the ocean. The staff was not very helpful. Even paying cash it took almost a half an hour to pay for a one night stay. There are many better places to stay in CDO.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kuyals
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

this is a good hotel with friendly staff and good food and facilities. But there is NO BEACH. It is just a wall with lots of rocks and litter in the water. Aside from there being no beach at a beach resort, it is a good place to stay. good food and drinks, good rooms nice grounds to the hotel.We stayed here a few years back it was good but they should not call it a beach resort until they can provide a beach.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Manila
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Pros:

1) Reasonable price

2) Within Cagayan de Oro City.

3) Nice and clean hotel grounds.

4) Ample and relatively clean swimming pool.

5) Nice cabanas and cottages.

6) Friendly staff.

Cons:

1) A beach, regardless, of the name doesn't exist. What you have is a rocky and very dirty shoreline or what passes for it. Littered with trash, including what looked like a diaper! They didn't bother to clean the shore and water.

2) Don't be fooled by the fancy menu because the food is terrible. The worst sizzling sisig I've tasted, for example.

3) They put expired Magnolia milk chocolate drinks in tetra packs in the mini-bar!

4) There's the dreadful videoke sessions.

5) Housekeeping sucks. They don't replenish the mini-bar. One time, I took a crap and found out there's no toilet paper in the covered dispenser. Had to do the walk of shame.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ILLINOIS
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed at this resort from 7/12/12 thru 7/16/12. We had (6) cabanas rented, all in all. Our first night was at the actual hotel. It was gross and rundown. The floor was dirty, actual hotel room door lock looked old and unsafe... still your old-school door key. Fortunately (?, or maybe not) we moved into one of the cabanas for the rest of our stay. Floor was not as gross. I even found an earth worm on the towel that was laid on the bathroom floor. When the housekeeper took our soild towels, she didn't replace them. We had to call that in. The clincher was on our check out day. I double checked the fridge before we left the room to see which items were missing. I was dismayed to be told that part of the itemized fridge items was (2) beers... my husband, the only person who drinks beer, had stomach flu almost the entire time we were there so definitely couldn't have consumed the beer! And I, myself, saw the two cans of beer before I left the room!

I believe the housekeeper was pulling a fast one. Not sure if in cahoots with the front desk girl who was billing us. She was collecting P650+ from me for bar fees... they knew were in a hurry as we were getting late for our flight. She was waiting for a long time for the housekeeper to get back to her. I left her P500 and told her, I know half of the things listed on that bill is not true. I don't have time to wait, nor will I be paying for something I didn't consume but here's P500 anyway! Then I left.

Restaurant crew -- there's way too many of them. They were polite but they seem to make an extra effort to look the other when asked to come over! It was a common sentiment by myself and all my family members.

I would recommend this place with a lot of reservations!

Room Tip: Stay at the cabanas... forget the hotel rooms! On check in night, they offered my brother-in-law a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family