“Farm House”
Review of Mapawa Nature Park

Mapawa Nature Park
Reviewed January 31, 2012

If you're a group of 5 or more, try to stay overnight in their farm house--trek early morning then do the zipline. Meals at the house are delicious and reasonably priced. They have a swimming pool but you need to check if it's open for use.

5  Thank mjcrmanaloto

Reviewed January 18, 2012

We went to MAPAWA through the courtesy of Canadian Urban Instirute.There are 17 in our group composing of members of Tigum Aganan Watershed Management Board from Iloilo whose aim is to study how mapawa sustained their great nature park. . We stayed there for three (3) unforgetable and exciting days.
The first excitement is the horse ride to about three kilometers inside the natural forest in a trail which according to sir Jojo the park manager, was exclusively made for us. More excitement the second day when we rode on a tractor trailier up to the peak of the area where we enjoyed the panoramic view of the area and seen the vast area of crops cultivated by their partner called the social cultivators. More exciting is during our river treak: 20 ft. natural water slide, 25 ft jump and the 65 feet rappel. of course prior to all these adventures we were oriented and provided with all protective gears. Our tour guide group was led by very efficient " kuya LOLONG" (not the crocodile) . Sir JOJO , the park manager who has roots from iloilo, sir Ernie Pelaez , the son of former VICE PRESIDENT PELAEZ, the staffs, were all very accommodating and were very happy to serve what we need during our memorable stay at MAPAWA. Maraming Salamat po sa lahat.
To all those who have not visited the place, try and stay there at least 3 days to fully experience and enjoy what nature can give us back if we care for our environment. ciloy rosal.

3  Thank Lyric R
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We arrived at Mapawa Nature park a bit late in the afternoon that maybe the reason why we weren't really able to enjoy the place at its best. If one should want to visit the place, they should come here early morning or atleast before lunch time. It's quite far, I should say. The trip from downtown takes around 30-45 minutes by car. There are limited means of transportation, so better hire a taxi if you don't have a ride, if you are not that comfortable to motorcyles. The park has on-going improvements, I should say perhaps they really need one. For a nature park there are still room for more amenities so that it will be really a complete package.

5  Thank graceycute09
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Can you simply swim there and not have to pay?
or is swimming only for those who payed the P1000 package/ 5 people(it is P1500 for solo)? i am planning to go there tomorrow alone and i am not sure if I will spend a lot of time there or not because I am not planning to spend much and if i have to pay, i might simply just go horseback riding. I don't think I will go ziplining. It is P325 and I already experienced ziplining a lot of times.

5  Thank Johannady
Reviewed July 31, 2011

One word sums up my experience at Mapawa - Wow! This hidden gem is beyond amazing. I am by no means the outdoorsy type, but I came here because my dad highly recommended it. I went with a group of 9 ages 5-60 and we all had a blast.

The housing accommodations were excellent. Food was delicious and abundant.

We did the zip line course the afternoon we got there, which was a good warm up for those of us who had never zip lined, rappelled, etc. The next day we went on the river trek. There were 5-7 guides who accompanied us, that being said, safety is definitely a priority here and that put us at ease. During the trek through the beautiful river and forest you go through several courses such as a natural rock slide, jumpping off a cliff into the river and my favorite, rappelling down a waterfall.

This property is so breath-taking, with nothing but amazing views surrounding you. I highly recommend this for families, a group of friends or team building. I know my family and I will cherish the memories of Mapawa for a lifetime. The kids have not stopped talking about Mapawa since we left. Friends who have seen our photos are now planng their trip.

10  Thank Frincess