“Thanks but no thanks”

Middleton Apartelle
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Okay for backpackers. This motel represents the old style Philippines. Receptionist didn't really care if we were at the desk or not. The bedrooms thankfully were clean and spacious BUT the bathroom walls were grubby and grimy. The fittings needed replacement and guess what - no mirror in the bathroom??? The down stair level was not clean and the refridgerator was a shocker and the stove was a joke. It was just bearable, the noise from the other guests late at night was annoying. Out of over 70 places i have stayed this ranks the lowest. Not worth the $50 per night. Spend a few dollars more and enjoy your time elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank PetePM

Reviewed February 6, 2011

I just signed up here in TripAdvisor but my stay in this inn was back in June of 2009. While reading the two other reviews complaining about the old refrigerator and stinky smell of the sala and the kitchen, I figured it doesn't make much difference for what I have experienced.

My parents and I went to CDO for dad's business convention. The inn isn't really as close as you can get to the downtown, however, taxi cabs are accessible, you don't have to pay any additional service fee, and traffic is not much of a problem. While I was thinking my Dad never really cared because all he did was sleep comfortably, wake up, attend the seminar, come home, and sleep, my Mom and I were so bored. The pool was really a big help, it looks clean, other than that, there's no any other recreational activities you can do (unless you consider watching the TV very productive on such a vacation). As a conclusion, the place is OK for business, it's bad for leisure travelers.

We stayed in this 2-bedroom unit. The rooms located in the 2nd flr. are clean, I'd say, and beautiful too, besides I wasn't looking for a posh pad. The master bedroom offers a comfortable king bed, a cable TV, an a/c, own bathroom, a very small balcony (very!) and other stuff you would expect in a standard room. The 2nd room has a single bed.. and.. and.. err.. I can't even remember what it had. A small sala, a kitchen and a restroom is in the 1st flr of the unit. The first floor was really dull, the utensils look old cooking would be the last thing you'd think of.

I recommend this inn to backpackers who travel in groups because the unit which was P2,500 ($57) only can accomodate 6 pax comfortably (of course you have to rent extra mattresses). I'm a backpacker myself but it just so happened that I was with my parents who deserved a nicer place and I felt bad for them.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank bamita_mabelita
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I thought its a good deal because of what we saw in their website. But when we got there, the receptionist didn't even assist us to our room.. she just gave us our key and that's it! no free breakfast. we are group of 6 and they only allow 4 people to use the swimming pool. the smell of the apartelle stinks and you will not use their refrigerator because its scary, old and smells like rotten food. service sucks bigtime!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank iamatraveler27
Reviewed April 7, 2009

This was my first, and hopefully only stay at the Middleton Apartelle. This property offers standard motel rooms and 2-story, apartment style units, with carports. It's not the easiest place to find, and is not within walking distance to any major shopping, restaurants, beaches or points of interest.

The motel looks quite good from the outside. The project is built around a large swimming pool, and appears very upscale and modern. The looks inside is are bit different.

We rented a 2-bedroom apartment. When we checked in, our unit was dirty, and had no towels. The management brought us towels, but we had to wait until morning to have the place cleaned.

Downstairs there's a carport, living and dining areas, kitchen and full bath. Upstairs there are two bedrooms, the larger room having an en suite bath. The master bedroom has a double bed, and the only television. The back bedroom contains only a twin size bed, even though there is easily room for a double bed. I believe management did this to entice guests to rent extra foam mattresses.

The mattresses are very cheap, and not really high density foam. They cushion you somewhat, but you can still feel the wooden platform underneath. The upstairs bath is very basic, being contained in one large shower stall. It's separated from the bedroom by an obscured glass partition (rain glass). When someone uses the bathroom or shower, anyone in the bedroom can see their outline moving about. Taking a shower soaks down the toilet. The fixtures were of the cheapest grade, and in poor condition.

The living area downstairs is very small. The kitchen is primitive, with a small fridge and 2 gas burners, sitting on a shelf. There is no air conditioning downstairs, but each bedroom has an A/C unit. The master bedroom also has a balcony, overlooking the pool. The pool is quite large, and the strongest selling point of Middleton. Too bad they don't take the leaves out in a timely manner.

There is a large covered area beside the pool, with tables and chairs. It is a great place for a family to have lunch and watch the children swim. It is also a great place for loud drunken parties, that last well into the night, as other guests attempt to sleep. It did not seem to be a priority of the management to cleanup the area the next morning, so we had to try and avoid the Redhorse and Tanduay empties, along with the spilled beer and rotting garbage.

At $58 USD a night, the place looks like a pretty good bargain, but the cheap finish out and lack of cleanliness make it impossible to recommend.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family