“Don't stay” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Cagayan de Oro
Auckland, New Zealand
“Don't stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 10 days. In this time, the common area corridor and floor (on my floor) was vaccumed only once. The elevator floor was never swept or even cleaned in this time too. All hotel common areas are very dirty. The rooms are very dated and then aircon in the room was old and broke down in the middle of the night. I noted the dusty smell from the aircon; and I would say that the filiters have not been cleaned for quite a while. Also, the floor in the room was filthy. In all the time I stayed, 10 days, I had to ask for the floor to be mopped as it was so dirty. Floors are not cleaned daily. Hygiene at this hotel is NOT a management priority; this hotel is not clean nor cleaned daily as it should be. Staff were ok but would rate hotel service about 4/10. The hotels photos of the foyer etc. are quite deceiving; this is the best part of the hotel; and again, this hotel common area was not cleaned everyday and it was quite common for the floor to be very dirty. The sofas in the foyer for customer waiting/seating is very dirty; and looks like haven't been cleaned in years. If you want service in this hotel you have to pursue it; it does not come to the customer normally as it should. Overall I would rate this hotel about 4/10; and this is being very generous. Even though one comment I read that this hotel is in a 3rd world country does not excuse a dirty hotel. Hotels are public areas and cleanliness should, but is not, a priority.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 4th floor have been renovated and better.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank Shane W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is the first negative review I have ever written on Tripadvisor. I booked with this hotel and paid in advance with credit card over interent. The hotel room itself was small but not bad. The internet was very poor and did not work so had to go to internet cafe but that was not big deal.

The problem was that I pay in advance with my credit card. Upon check-out the would not let me leave until I pay them also 900 pesos. I call credit card company in front of them and booking company which both say already paid for by credit card but they would still not let me leave the property until I also pay them again. Please if you are paying by credit card be very very careful as they are very dishonest. I even called before checking in to confirm there will be no problems and spoke to Ann and upon check out they keep saying Ann is busy in hotel and not available. Very very poor customer service and now I was charged 2x. STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank GottaGetAway2012

Travelers are raving about these Cagayan de Oro hotels

Malay, Aklan, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Is a comfortable hotel, small room but the price is okay. The smallest breakfast I have taken in a hotel, very small serving. Phone was not working and there was no WIFI and using my 3G to get into connection but signal was not very good so can't do much work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MASTER_PETER_TAY
Marikina, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

we stayed here for a transient room from camiguin, the lobby was decent and spacious,.. we booked for a standard room for 3 pax and the room assigned to us was quite ok... nice bathroom floors but the furnitures need to be updated. the staffs were friendly and nice. and the location is great, it is along the Divisoria area of the city. over all it was a ok hotel if you are travelling under a budget

Room Tip: request for a corner room to have a bigger space
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kidlatonthego
Russellville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed at De Luxe and booked our annual pastor's conference here. It is not a bad place (keep in mind your in a province in a 3rd world country in Asia). The room is big. A/C worked ok, as did the TV. No hot water of course (this is common here). Pricing on the room was ok & for the conference was very affordable. The food (we had lunch and an afternoon snack) was very good. The hotel is very busy. It is not uncommon for them to have more than 1 event per day and 3-4 events on the weekends (including weddings). The lobby is crowded and noisy. The restaurant is fairly good. My only complaint was 1 not I had dinner with a guest. I was asking about the size of the dishes (often dinner dished in the Philippines will serve 1-4 people). We chose 2 dishes and the waiter brought us 3. So we had the most ridiculous amount of food! I did not say anything because I did not want to embarrass my guest. Also- laundry. I had laundry service & felt very over-charged. It is not uncommon to have laundry done for 25/kilo. The place is ok but after the conference I still had a week left & I moved a few blocks over to "Hotel Conchita." I had stayed here the year before & really enjoyed it.

Room Tip: If you are from the West,do not be afraid to try the awesome fruits that vendors sell outside the ho...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank BarryGCarpenter
Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Book cousins debut here... Affordable price and very nice function rooms. No corkage for the lechon and desserts. And they also offer complimentary room for the celebrant. Floors are carpeted. They got elegant lobby. Rooms is clean and nice. Clean towels are provided in the Bathroom. Bathroom has bath tub.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
14 Thank venussmileygal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I just checked in a few minutes ago and I already want to leave! If our rooms hadn't been paid for in advance I would.

This place has received a lot of great reviews on this site and all I can think of as I sit here (while the technician replaces the TV which wasn't working) is that those people who gave those über positive feedback were either paid by this hotel to do so or have had very VERY little experience staying in hotels.

The receptionist. Did not say anything to the effect of welcoming us. She just asked for our names while managing NOT to smile the entire time.

The room. OLD. O-L-D meaning Overused, Lacking in so many ways, Dilapidated!! The pillows are tiny and you're only given 1 per bed. Ask for extras and they charge you P30 per pillow!!! There is only 2 electrical outlets. One behind the TV and the other one in the bathroom. If you use the One behind the tv you have to sacrifice the TV. Ask for an extension panel and they charge you P200!! The sliding doors of the closet do not slide. They're stuck so you have to twist yourself in and around the doors...or in this case, walls.

The bathroom. Decent but I honestly would not trust its cleanliness. No baths in the tub for me on this trip!

The bed. The kind of mattress you sink into and it stays that way. Just a top sheet, no duvet. They have bed skirts that look like tiny curtains that also look like it hasn't seen a washing machine in more than a year now.

Air-conditioner. Old, noisy, not cold at all.

The sad thing is we're stuck here for the next 5 nights.

• Stayed August 2012