See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel is very clean. it's surprisingly quiet and has a serene, lazy ambiance despite it's central location. You can actually work in peace for hours in the terrace! They have cheap budget rooms. My husband and i took one of the extra large riverside rooms (meant to accommodate 4 to 5 people, not 2!) as we wanted a room with a view of the garden and the river. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank marieschroeder
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The hotel is in a good quiet location in the downtown area and could be the choice of travelers if it were not for the following points.

I stayed in this hotel for only 2 hours for the simple reason that nothing worked properly, the outside windows didn't lock, the toilet didn't flush, the air con had no filter. With a gently sloping roof it's very easy for a thief to get on the roof and into your room. As I would find one problem and they would repair it I would find something else that didn't work. They finally told me that they would move me to a different room, it had all the same problems as the 1st room. Finally frustrated I told them I was changing to a different hotel. This was 2pm in the afternoon. They did not refund me any of the room rent I had paid which at the very least would have been 400 pesos which is the half day rate for most hotels. I had given them 800 pesos for the room for the night. If I had yelled and screamed they probably would have given in but at that point I just wanted to get away from them and their hotel. This is very low class place on just about every level and I would recommend NOT staying here. The Park View Hotel around the corner is a much better budget. hotel.

There's a reason this hotel ranks at the bottom of hotels listed in Cagayan de Oro. They've earned it.

Oh and by the way this is a leased hotel so don't expect any changes anytime soon. The only expense these folks want to pay is the monthly rent money to owner of the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this Hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank BeenAroundAsia
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I was in this hotel on Sept. 11 to 15, 2011 during my vacation from KSA.The rate is very reasonable at 900 pesos/ day for a room that can accommodate 4 persons. The plastic table is a little bit old. The bathroom has no shower. Everything is just fine for a budget conscious traveler like me if not for 1 incident that occurred the night before we checked out. The room boy took my dual sim cellphone when he delivered plates for our dinner. I went to the police after I complained to the administration. The police investigated but the suspect won't admit it. It turned out that he was just on an OJT. I want to file a case but because I am scheduled to go the Davao the following day, I opted to just leave the matter behind to the hotel administration rather than extend my stay there and pay for the further delay. They promised to terminate his OJT and take further precautionary measures in accepting trainees from local schools. It was a horrible experience as the cp he took has my Saudi sim card and I needed it badly as it is the number where I had a contact with my colleagues and manager in Saudi during my short vacation...But the police investigator said that there were previous reports of thief involving hotel staff that occurred in this hotel...
The price is reasonable but it's bad if your going to loss things which are more precious in some way....the savings we get in this hotel cannot offset the damage that it's staff can inflict..Sayang....

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Cocoy1971
Reviewed September 14, 2011

When I told the taxi driver that I'm considering Hotel Ramon as a place to stay, he advised me to try other hotels because one of his passengers before happened to share with him that Hotel Ramon has lots of rats. What I did is to check the room first personally before making a decision.

And my decision? To check in!

Excellent value for money! We are a family of 4 and we got a room with 2 double and 1 single beds, with hot and cold shower, strong aircon, friendly and ever ready staff, clean and spacious room. It's just a few steps away from divisoria - all for just 900 pesos per day!

Room Tip: Before going, check the net for hotels that you want to consider, get the addresses and phone numbers then walk in to check it yourself. Pictures are decieving, travellers' posts are confusing...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank YankeeMc
Reviewed October 9, 2009

The previous reviewer obviously stayed in one of the 550php windowless rooms on the second floor. I always stay in the 750php rooms on the third floor. They are spacious and bright with a great view of the garden and Cagayan River. There is a good wifi signal on the 3rd floor as well. The balcony overlooking the gardens is a great place for a few beers and watching the bats execute impressive aerobatic displays at dusk.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple