“Very Good if you want Budget”

Demiren Hotel and Restaurant
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cagayan de Oro
Demiren Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Cagayan de Oro
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Recently renovated, and now has elevator. Rates are comparable with Pension Houses, but Demiren has hot water showers and in the basin. There is a restaurant with reasonably good food and fair prices. 6" foam mattresses make for a comfortable sleep. On the downside 14" TV, with NO remote control provided. Only 9 channels and poor reception on most channels. Rooms recently painted, Good restaurant across the street, and on the opposite corner is Lexis Bar and Grill with good food and live entertainment. Next door is Inolog Restaurant with bad food, poor service, amateur entertainment. Divisoria is within walking distance, with many restaurants and great Night Market and BBQ's on Friday and Saturday evenings.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David T

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was really glad I stayed in Demiren Hotel after a sleazy job all over Cagayan de Oro City. It’s a mimicry of a one big happy home but with enough modern hotel facilities. Clean and happy, simple and nice. A humble place where people treat you normally and right even if you're not wearing your best features early in the morning down the coffee shop for some warm yummy breakfast. Unlike any other joints where the staff pretend to be classy and what-not acting like robots around you, with all those fake grins, where you feel like you don’t belong at all. A home away from home. Simplicity with style!!! Located at the very heart of the city, surrounded with entertainment venues if you care for some night-life, restaurants, ktv bars, music lounges, convenient stores, laundry shops, hospitals, clinics, churches, schools, pharmacies, fitness centers, spas, etc.. you name it all, and even with some local government offices which really made my job easier. A short ride to shopping centers and malls. Demiren Hotel will be in my bookmarks whenever I go back to Cagayan de Oro again. Bravo! Rock n’ roll…

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank marco a
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Demiren Hotel is OK if you just want somewhere cheap. The Inilog Grill BAR just beside this hotel has to be the worst place, YES THE WORST GRILL BAR IN CDO. The staff are so lazy & you never get what you ordered. They have a habit of walking away when you are talking to them & their motto is, if you like the inilog grill tell someone, if you don't tell us. That motto just sucks because if you tell them they do nothing about it, so its better to tell someone else that this place is the WORST IN CDO. The manager of inilog grill is about as useful as his lazy staff ! Better go to lex's grill bar its 100%

Room Tip: Drink as much beer as you can then it don't matter !
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank katy w
Reviewed February 14, 2012

This year I visited Demiren for the third time. It was terrible to see what happened to this hotel.
Bad smell, dirty rooms and bathrooms, Not more like before. I booked a tripleroom, but they only have double and single rooms. Rooms without a window they offert to us. When we saw the room, we leave. They gave us back the money that we payed before.

I never will lodge here.

Room Tip: Control the room before you book.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TuBajazzo2011
Reviewed February 23, 2010

My family and I went to Cagayan de Oro to attend my niece's wedding where the reception was held at Demiren Hotel. We stayed there for a week and it was an enjoyable experience. The staff were very accomodationg to our requests, the rooms are clean, and the service is good . The location is very convenient. It's walking to distance to restaurants, bar and grill. It's also very close to shopping centers. If you need a ride, there's always a cab waiting outside. I would highly recommend this hotel. It's very light on the budget too.

• Stayed: December 2009
8  Thank MsVenus
Reviewed December 13, 2009

Me and my husband stayed there for three days and I can say that it's really worth staying.. it's not only affordable but the staffs are friendly too, we felt so at home.. also, I was able to browsed at the internet in my room because the place is wifi able..lucky I brought with me my laptop.. It's true, the vicinity is surrounded with many bars, you will really be entertained, and it's just a walking distance to Divisoria..fantastic place! I would really highly recommend Demiren Hotel, the room is clean with funny pictures framed..very comfortable.. its like staying in five star-hotels only that it's affordable with more friendly staffs..great place to stay.. room-service is good too..

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank manilabright
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I don't like the place. for 900 bucks, i think it's not worth the penny. THE CR is small and looks dirty that's why my friends and i opted to transfer to another hotel. The TV is too small and don't have a clear reception.

If you're looking for not so expensive hotel but nice, this isn;t the place to stay...

by the way, we stayed in Grand City hotel instead which is 1,280 only but a lot nicer to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends