“Few problems.”

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Cagayan de Oro
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Few problems.”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I feel the room they put me in was overpriced. For a business hotel the wifi wasn't good. It was nonexistent most of the time. Mosquitos were a menace and ants were all over the place. The rooms were otherwise nice with an excellent bed. The complimentary buffet style breakfast was also excellent. The hotel staff from security, front desk, and doormen were very helpful with always a smile on there faces. They seemed to love their jobs. It was practically adjacent to the Limketkai Mall which was a plus. Meals at Rosso's Restaurant were excellent. My compliments to the Chef. I would stay there again

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Vietnamese first
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed February 16, 2013

When we arrived, we asked if they can show us the rooms first so we can choose the type of room to book. The front office staff was accommodating and gave us a short tour. I thought our stay in this hotel will be great as the staffs were all very hospitable, sadly, they need to improve their service. First of all, our room is big enough but there are no towels. We had to request for it several times in our 3 day stay because even if they have already cleaned our room, the towels are nowhere to be found. They keep saying that they ran out of towels! Second, the breakfast buffet would have been ok, only, if they will train their servers. When i asked a server to clean my table, he just used his hands to wipe away the bread crumbs or whatever little pieces left on top of the table. From the table, its now on the chairs and floor. The plates were greasy. Third, do not leave your valuables inside the room. When we returned after lunch, we noticed that somebody touched our laptops. We had to complain but again, no serious steps were taken. I will not come back anymore. Mallberry would have been a nice place to stay but with very poor service, I'd rather stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank iamsjcb
Haugesund, Norway
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a quite all right hotel with a good location. Being next to limketkai mall is nice.
I have stayed at this hotel probably around 20-30 nights over the last 3 years.
There are only 2 good hotels with a reasonable price in CDO in my opinion, and this is one of them.
Very friendly staff. It's nice they always say "welcome back" before i get to the front desk.

Great massage services. I recommend to try "thermo massage" here.

Negatives:
The taxis outside rip you off, better to use taxi from the mall.
some rooms are in need of maintenance (but they move you to another room if you complain, so no big deal)
the food is not so good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Hotel has better facilities compared with others of the same category. Location is very accessible and close to shopping malls. However customer service leaves much to be desired. From the airport, I inquired if there are available rooms. The front desk receptionist answered in the affirmative and relayed that I can already check in without additional charge. When I got into the hotel, I was advised that I will be charged half day for early check in. After 15 minutes of haggling, they asked me to wait for the supervisor who waived the extra charge but downgraded my room to superior type. They asked me to wait one hour fr the room to be cleaned. Though pissed off, I just waited only to find out that i need to wait another 30 minutes because the room is still not done. I demanded to alk to the supervisor but the latter gave all the reasons in the world to avoid talking to me. Perhaps the hotel staff including the supervisor should attend seminars on winning customer service strategies. Management should nvest on such in order r the business to grow more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jovie P

Travelers are raving about these Cagayan de Oro hotels

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

My last stay was my 2nd time to stay here. Rooms are pretty simple. In fact reminds me sometimes of a hospital room. But still this is the best hotel and cleanest in CDO so far.

Whatever though they lack in the rooms they make up in terms of service, security and location. Oh the in house spa and massage services is good too.

It is right beside a robinsons and lim ket Kai malls and 5 minutes away from centrio Ayala mall.

Food is not that good though so i would suggest eating out. But they so have decent restaurants in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Mikael D
London, UK
Reviewed January 13, 2013

It's OK, nothing special, basic tourist standard hotel although I understand it's the best you can get in CDO. Not much else around as far as I can see. Ayala soon to open a hotel over Centrio Mall which should be a much needed addition.

Stayed December 2012
1 Thank SEABoys
Mysen, Ostfold, Norway
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel since 2 until 20 of dec 2012. we paid cash without no complains. Almost everyday we give tips to the housekeeping with very good service, to the bill boys very helpful, smiling and full service . But unfortunately i give no good points to the reception staff..... very low professional performance . I feel sorry to this hotel. The front is the welcoming area of the hotel but the staff SMILE cannot be found, frown faces, services bad, MASUNGIT!!!!! Mangr change the front staff or send them to CUSTOMER SERVICE 101 seminar to improve them. I find the other department more pleasing and accomodating even the ELEMENTS SPA workers( SPA highly recommended) are more PRO than the FRONT.

Room Tip: choose junior suite