“hotel near the mall” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Cagayan de Oro
makati
“hotel near the mall”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

the location of the hotel is convenient because it is right across the mall (robinsons mall and limketkai mall) = the convenience ends there. from the reservation to check out, this hotel spells i-n-c-o-n-v-e-n-i-e-n-c-e. took me quite a while to successfully get my message across to the reservation staff re: booking details (room accommodation, use of conference room, meals, etc). breakfast buffet was not enough for the rest of the hotel guests (there were situations that there were still guests but there were only leftovers in the buffet area). the rooms are okay (one would be able to sleep well). the reception staff were a bit inefficient (took a long time to absorb reservation details; took a while to look for guest's name, etc.). the service of the hotel staff (bellboys, chambermaids) are fine. billing had issues as well - agreed with their sales team that usage of conference room and room accommodation would be billed separately, but the reception staff cashier billed everything under room charge - reached the limit - hence, need to be settled asap.

i used to stay in this hotel for quite a number of times (in which the service is okay); i don't know what happened to their level of service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Vietnamese first
San Fernando, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

our family is seldom complete due to school and work schedules. so for the last week of october 2012, we decided to bond at cagayan de oro and i only had one choice to stay at - the Mallberry Suites Hotel. their amenities were complete for our needs. the suite we booked was enough for our family of 6. housekeeping service was superb. they were prompt in addressing our needs. the gym had the equipments we needed to use, the spa was rejuvenating. breakfast was free and a wide variety of food and fruit choices was available everyday. cable and wifi was great. everyone working there from the guards to the staff plus the k-9 dog were nice and cordial. its location is very near restaurants and cafes so going around is just a walk away. more trips to cdo for our family in the future and we will still choose to stay at Mallberry Suites Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ceny28
Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Went on a business trip, so the company shouldered the costs. It was a bit expensive, though but I loved the food, the cleanliness and best of all, the location.
* Food was great! However, they should increase the capacity of their restaurant. With the volume of people, we have to fall in long lines to take our buffet breakfast.
* As expected, they clean the rooms daily.
* I think most conventions, summits and the like are held at CDO are held by organizers at Limketkai Mall, which is just walking distance from this hotel.
I could imagine going back to this hotel on a business trip, but not for a family vacation considering the room rates of this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KimuTan
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

About midnight there were men outside my window of this hotel working on their truck and making a lot of noise.
I went to the lobby and asked the manager of the hotel if they could please ask the men outside my hotel window to be more quiet.
The manager sent one of the hotel employees to ask the men outside my window to please wait until morning to work on their truck.
About 10 minutes later, as I was itting in the lobby of the hotel, I felt a punch to the back of my head. I tried to stand up, but I was punched several more times.
The owner of the truck was not happy about my complaint, and had entered the hotel and punched me in the head several times.
The manager of the hotel, and about 40 other people in the lobby saw what had happened.
I asked for the police to be called, but the manager was too scared to call the police because the man that hit me was a politician from Davao.

Anyway, I was physically assaulted, and the management of the hotel refused to help.
The next morning I refused to pay for my room due to how I was treated.

The hotel is not safe, you can be physically beaten in the lobby, and management will do nothing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
14 Thank fredf22

Travelers are raving about these Cagayan de Oro hotels

Bacolod, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

The best attitude to have when staying here is not to expect too much. Just because the hotel has the closest proximity to two large malls does not mean they can take their rooms for granted. For starters, the keycard's lamination is starting to peel off which makes it difficult to insert in the door and wall slots. Once you enter, the lights fail to give adequate illumination even when three are on. The furniture and airconditioner certainly have seen better days; this being so, the flat screen TV stands out as your best friend. Bedsheets, pillows, towel all look very tired and begging to be replaced. Curiously mine was a twin bed but had only one towel! Austerity measure? Because the rooms are so close to each other, I literally felt sandwiched. You can hear the toilet flushing from the front, loud laughter from the back, and stomping of feet from above. The best consolation for me was the thought that I was staying for just one night. Next time, I'll probably consider the new Ayala hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank drjohnled
Ozamiz City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I would like to suggest that the hotel put in place their evacuation plan in times of emergency so that guest would know what to do. About a month ago when cagayan de oro was hit with intensity 7 quake, we were on booked on the 3rd floor of the hotel. when the quake hit their was no one giving instruction on how to vacate the hotel, what I saw was most of the staff don't know what to do. though the hotel is great there emergency preparedness is no where to be found and executed..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Phil F
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I expect Mallberry Suites to be the best hotel in Cagayan de oro but im very dismayed of their services. Our terrible experience happened last September 22-26, 2012Our company did any early reservation and they gave us the confirmation that we are already booked. But when we arrived the frondesk won't accommodate us because they did not receive the notification from their assigned supervisor for the room accommodation. All the front desk staff are not accommodating. We noticed that there is no clear system on the hotel. The crew are not accommodating. The wifi connection is very bad... When I called for assistance to help me bring down my luggae, it took me to wait 30 minutes to wait for the crew... I actually decided to carry all my luggage since the crew really did not went up to help me. I found them chatting at the lobby... all 26 of us from our company really gave the same complain...

When we had our breakfast, my muslim companions was about to eat pork if I did not ask the waiter of what the food is made of... I suggested to the restaurant supervisor to put names on the food that they are serving because there are muslims that are also staying in the hotel.. the supervisor do not consider the suggestion... they are just too proud and do not accept suggestions...

The security guards are not helpful....
but the service was very terrible... I will never recommend this to anybody.... the money that you will pay is not worth of their poor service...

Room Tip: I will not recommend this to anyone...