“Good for stay for transient travelers, value-for-money inn”
Review of CBD Plaza Hotel

CBD Plaza Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Naga
Reviewed May 12, 2014

It's not really a hotel, more of a guesthouse or inn with just the most basic stuff.

I am saying it's very good only because it's affordable. Expect to get what you paid for, but everything works just fine. Basic amenities include clean beds, clean and working bathroom, working aircon, soap, toothbrush, shampoo, towels, meager breakfast from 7-11 included

We went there as a walk-in guest bec we had an emergency, and stayed there just for one night. It's really just a place to stay for a night, nothing relaxing or luxurious. Not intended for a vacation.

LIKES: Location is great, right across SM Naga, near cheap food places, near churches and other places of interest, accessible and near transport hubs, affordale, has all the basic amenities

DISLIKES: Bunk beds had those vertical ladders on the side that are really hard to climb, so we had to use the table instead, Breakfast is really just to break the fast lol it's either siopao or hotdog and coffee that you get from 7-11

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank cheeryislandgirl

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I will start that if you are looking for a fancy hotel this is NOT the one, if you are looking for hotel with in-door restaurant, complete with amenities, this is not the one for you. Worst thing I can say about the hotel are the towels, towels desperately needs replacement, not sure how long they been in service I think they really need to retire. Though there are many unpleasant things about the hotel, there are many good things about it too. One of the chambermaids is I think deaf and mute, when I ask for supply, the staff replied in a "signed language" . Been travelling around the world, stayed in hotels and cruise ships never had a "deaf and mute" staff trying her best to provide the best service ever to the customer. Congratulations to CBD Hotel for hiring her, bless your heart. Secondly, it was also the staff who helped moved our flight
to make sure we make it to Manila on the same day since our afternoon flight was cancelled. Staff quickly turned our worries to smiles, provided a shuttle and off we go to the airport early morning instead of afternoon, it was a great feeling that someone is looking after your welfare. Location, is the best too. Walking distance to SM shopping mall, where great restaurants are located, beside the hotel, there is 7/11 store, bakery and buffet restaurant which caters for locals but the food is good for foreigners as well. Hotel is across the bus station if you need one bus ride. It was one ultimate action from the staff that saved our day.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank J58Judy
Reviewed January 2, 2014

as a trainer who travels a lot, i have never encountered a hotel as bad as this one. they have no in house restaurant, no room service, no free wifi, room toilets smell bad, showers are not at all good, rude customer service and not well coordinated with other hotel staff. our company tried using this hotel for our 3-day training/seminar. when i arrived at this hotel the front desk staff insisted that i don't have a reservation there after just informing her that i had a reservation there and was already fully paid a week in advance and that the driver of the hotel transfer from the airport had my name listed on the arriving guest list which clearly shows that they are not well coordinated with each other. on the day of the training, nothing was set up in the function room that we paid for in advance. i had to call the front desk and ask them why they haven't set-up the function room yet, good thing most of the guests came in a bit late. thing is if i haven't called their attention they wouldn't have set up the function room. the audio person also keeps on disappearing and i need to stop using the microphone because it kept on getting feedback which was really annoying. the next two training days were much worse. when i arrived at the same function hall to start my 8hour training, what i saw was the participants were waiting outside because the function room was still closed. CLOSED! so i had to requiest again for them to set up and when i asked why they didn't set-up earliers they said it was because they were not informed that there was a training there and was not coordinated with them properly. when i called the the front desk to complain and ask for their manager, the front desk girl was rude in addressing my concern and the manager 's tone when i said my complains was even being angry at me instead of being apologetic for the delay that they caused. the people who should serve the food during meals were also not there so the guests had to serve themselves. after the day 1 of my 8 hour training, i was starving and called front desk to get an outside line to have food delivered to my room they said that they cannot do that but instead they said that they will just call me once they get hold of the food company that i wanted to call so i told them that's just plain stupid and that its much easier to just get me an outside line because i can make the call myself instead of waiting for them to call me just to get my order then the girl on the other line started to get angry and told me very rudely that they cannot give me an outside line and then just put the phone down. so i called back the receptionist and an different girl answered and when i told her the rudeness that i got she didn't even address it and just told me again that i would have to wait again for their call to order. i promise everybody who would stay in this hotel that they would be experiencing THE WORST hotel service that anyone could possibly ever encounter!

TO THE GM OF THIS HOTEL I TELL YOU THIS - BETTER SUGGEST TO THE OWNERS TO JUST CLOSE THE HOTEL BECAUSE NONE OF YOU GUYS KNOW HOW TO RUN IT PROPERLY LEAST OF ALL BRING JOY TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!

TO THE OWNERS I TELL YOU THIS - IF YOU STILL WANT TO CONTINUE THE OPERATIONS OF YOUR HOTEL, BETTER FIRE ALL YOUR EXISTING RUDE HOTEL STAFF AND HIRE MORE TRAINED AND EXPERIENCED ONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO EXCEED EXPECTATIONS IN CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank AAA4Ltrainer
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

In most places in the Philippines you will get a nice room for 600/700ps. The economy rooms in this hotel are very basic considering its 600ps a night. The room is a shoebox and you can have a dumb, shower and shave at the same time in the bathroom. Also there is no free wifi and the service is very slow. The room has aircon but I would have gladly traded that in for a bigger bed, a fan and a nice shower. I definitly wouldnt stay to long here if you dont have the budget for a nicer room and dont care about wifi. Saying that, it does have a good location and unfortunatly its one of the cheapest places in town.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its location right in front of the bus terminal as we had to leave in the wee hours of the morning.
What we liked:
* unbeatable location for bus or van travel
* clean room
* friendly room attendants

What could be improved:
* not so clean bathroom. The tiles could use a good scrubbing
* change bathroom mats
* no free wifi
* long wait for check-in

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights ;before travelling down to Legaspi.I enjoyed the stay at this Hotel!.I thought it was reasonable enough priced with breakfast included. The food was OK; I enjoyed the Buffet Dinner.All the staff seemed pleasant enough.If noise is a problem?; one would be better off requesting a room facing away from the main road!.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed @ cbd plaza hotel on 17/09/13 as we were traveling to calamba laguna the following morning , when we first arrived the girls on reception were very friendly but told us the cheaper room we agreed to over the phone was not available , there was also extra charge for wifi which we opted out as the sm mall across the road had free wifi , the hotel porters were all very helpful , breakfast was served next door was free but not much choice ..over all our stay was good for one night only and ideal location for our long bus journey ..

• Stayed: September 2013