“A delightful accident...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 54 Restaurants in Naga
Manila, Philippines
“A delightful accident...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I discovered this restaurant by accident when they happen to serve the breakfast that came with our hotel stay at the Crown in Naga. The usual breakfast fare was good: those cured meats served with garlic fried rice and egg. However, one late breakfast I took saw me eyeing what was being served on the table next to ours - hot, steamy Hung Ma bread. I ordered a loaf (you can't order a few slices) and enjoyed it very much. Ironically, it doesn't come with the actual Hung Ma (pork slabs marinated in sweet soy sauce) - good for me since I do't eat meat. I normally order it with shrimp with cashew nuts and the pairing, at least for me, works. I then found out that they sell it frozen for take out. I haven't tried it but soon will.
Cost of a meal here is more expensive than most restaurants in Naga. But I never did mind since I would rather eat at a local restaurant than make a bee-line towards the more familiar fast food outlet.
Tip: grab a table by the window and have a nest-eye's view of the frenetic pace of downtown Naga (read: jeepneys, manual and motorized tricycles, trucks, cars circling the rotonda nearby

• Visited April 2012