“Great value for money hotel!”
Review of NagaLand Hotel

NagaLand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Naga
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Hotel with nice location, very much accessible to mall and restaurants. Clean, big rooms! Friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hotel has about 4 floors with their standard single rooms located at the top floor and they don't have elevator for their guest to use. The hotel personnel are staff with student trainees so expect poor service with every request you make costing you money. Their complementary breakfast doesn't include coffee(first time heared of this). thats why I only stayed there one night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank William K
Reviewed February 17, 2012

This is my fourth visit to Naga City since 2007, and each time I stayed at Naga Land Hotel. Each and every person has gone out of their way in providing services. I stayed for a month this year and was very pleased. This visit I stayed in a much larger room. I was able to share with the family that adopted me. We all are very thankful for the homely atmosphere, warm and loving service. Every time I passed by the hotel’s lobby, everyone would greet me with a smile which makes me feel their warm welcome. They even helped me in choosing food whether inside or outside the hotel. They have a restaurant within the hotel who offers food in reasonable prices. They provided me with directional assistance every time I go out to walk around the City. The Hotel is located at the middle part of the City so it’s accessible to Malls, theaters, restaurants, bars, and everything a traveler needs. They helped me with the air ticket reservation a week before I go back to my hometown. Overall it was a great experience and I would recommend Naga Land Hotel to my friends.
I won’t hesitate to go back to Naga City and stay at Naga Land Hotel again.

-Ronny Banbury

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Macky T
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights. Price was reasonable for the standard of the rooms. Restaurant menu was acceptable. Location is great. Very central and near the public market and many restaurants, although it is a long tricycle ride to the good restaurants and bars on Magsaysay. The staff we friendly and helpful. Dont get a room overlooking the busy noisy street below.

Room Tip: Ask for room that does not overlook the busy street below the main entrance.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I intend to stay in this hotel for 3 days, but decided to cut short my stay for just one day upon seeing the state of the room. For one it is windowless, no bigger than the bathroom in any 5 start hotels I stayed in. The bed is creaky and small, The A/C unit is set to 16 deg Centtrigade but you cannot change it as there is no controller for the air con unit. Ditto with the TV. When I asked for the controllers, I was told that they donot have one and I have to wait when one is available. I couldn't believe what I just heard. When they can find one, they will provide me the controllers. You have free breakfast but not the kind of breakfast you ordinary have. I call it sub standard. For one, you have to pay for your coffee or Tea. What? I never stayed in a hotel where you have to pay for the standard coffee or tea as part of the free breakfast. This is a rip off hotel. The pictures on the net, had been "photoshopped". It is nowhere near what you actually see in your room, it is run down and dirty. Floor tiles have cracked so you have to be very careful not to cut yourself if you take a shower barefoot. They donot care where they park their trolleys, it can be anywhere along the corridors. For mine, it was right in front of my room. I think the only positive thing about this hotel is that it is right smack in the middle of the city, however, there are better hotels in the vicinity, such as Crowne, Startgate, etc...Another thing if you have heavy luggages and had your room is on the upper floors (mine 3rd floor) you have to carry it yourself via the stairs. They donot have a lift or elevator. The hotel staff does not give a hoot or offered any help with the luggage.

Room Tip: If you are after a cheap hotel and does not mind about the things I have written, then this hotel is...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Wills2131
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I stayed in Naga Land Hotel for 4 nights and was very pleased. I had stayed for 17 days previously in a similarly priced room at the CBD Plaza Hotel until I got wind of Naga Land, went to see it, and decided it was a far superior hotel to CBD. If you are looking for comfort and value, and like being in the center of town, this is the hotel for you. It is located directly across from the E-Mall and walking distance to banks, eateries, drug stores, fruit vendors and Naga's main plaza. The front desk staff were friendly and accommodating, as were the restaurant staff. There's ample parking in the back of the hotel. The room I got was very large with a king-size bed and a single-size one as there were 3 people in my group. The room was well-appointed with very comfortable beds, flat-screen TV, telephone, large clothes closets, and a small refrigerator. The place settings were a welcome feature when we wanted to eat in after the long days we spent in the hospital where my mother was confined for an extended period. The bathroom was a good size and clean. The included breakfast at the hotel's restaurant was pretty good--we got to choose from the menu so it's prepared fresh while you wait (not precooked fried foods like in CBD Plaza). Coffee doesn't come free with the breakfast, though. The hotel offers free WiFi; unfortunately, the connection in the room was poor so I had to go to the lobby or the restaurant to use it. The only inconvenience staying in the hotel is that there is no elevator and the rooms are on the 2nd and 3rd floors. It's a small price to pay for the enormous space you get in the room. They accept senior citizen discount on the room rate if you pay in cash (5% off if using credit card). Overall, I enjoyed staying in this hotel. It's a good affordable alternative to the more upscale Avenue Plaza Hotel which I review elsewhere in this site.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We are coming this hotel for the last 5 years, is clean and rooms are spacious (if you take the biggest), airport pick up and return is free, and will continue to support them. Only negative thing is breakfast, but for around 200 pesos's you can get a good breakfast withing walking distance.

Room Tip: Take the biggest rooms on the second floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple