“Good place to stay when in Naga.”

The Avenue Plaza Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Naga
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

The Queen suite is pretty luxurious. The place is very clean and well kept. Room service isn't quite what I expected though. The terrace view could have improved if not for the informal settlers visible from thw window. The food is average. The reception is fine but not really grand.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Everything about this hotel met my expectations. Excellent service by the hotel staff from picking up at the airport, smooth check in and check out, private tours, & wake up call. With special mention to Tristan who went above and beyond to make our stay really comfortable and enjoyable. John, Ian and Dennis were also commendable, nice people and always wearing a smile. They even take you to the van with umbrella service, so she-she...
Hotel itself is tucked behind a small shopping complex so you don't hear street noise, a plus for some people who wanted a minimal noise or quiet place to stay. Clean room and bathroom, comfy bed, and little details that makes me rate this hotel an Excellent one. Will certainly be back to this hotel the next time I travel to Cam Sur.

Room Tip: Higher floors are always best for me.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
AppleAllison, Public Relations Manager at The Avenue Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Prissy,

Thank you for writing this review. We are very pleased to know that you have a great experience with us during your stay at Avenue Plaza Hotel. Our team wished to extend our best regards to you and to your whole family.

We look forward for your next visit. Stay connected with us through social media accounts. I hope you can like our official Facebook Page.

See you again soon and once again thank you!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

More than the modern look yet homey, tasteful ambiance of the hotel, what impressed me is their brand of excellent service. Every hotel staff knew how to deal with guests and make them feel at ease. Every guest is treated with a personal touch (i.e. they know what newspaper you read and would save a copy for you), Everybody is on the ball and ready to cater to your needs and requests. This hotel is one of the few hotels that impressed me in terms of service, interiors, rooms and amenities.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hello Merchantman,

We would like to thank you for rating us excellent and for writing this review about Avenue Plaza Hotel. We're very happy to read that you were impressed by our brand of excellent service. Your appreciation about the things that we do for our guests only strengthens our passion to always give personalized service to all our clients and guests.

I hope you can visit us again, this time for a holiday trip together with your family and friends.
We look forward welcoming you again at The Avenue!

The Avenue Plaza Hotel Management and Team

Reviewed February 8, 2014

From the moment they picked us up at the airport, our entire entourage of roughly 20 people knew we were going to be well cared for during our entire stay. All the staff were incredibly courteous, always willing to go the extra mile, and really took the initiative to make everyone as comfortable possible. Our requests for bottles of water and toilet paper were delivered within minutes. They offered to take down my luggage late at night, for a special check-in they arranged for our group, so I wouldn't have to go down to the lobby myself. By the end of our 3-day stay, we were on first names bases with several of the bellhops and shuttle staff.

The rooms were clean and impeccably maintained, with no signs of wear and tear despite years of service. I'm quite nit-picky about the bathroom, and I was happy to note that there were no signs of mildew or growth that usually begin to surface in moist areas. The only criticism I have is for their toiletries: the shampoo made my hair feel extremely dry, and the conditioner didn't do much to compensate.

Though I was happy with the room, I would have a preferred one with a window, especially since the lighting of the room was fairly dark. Writing and putting on make-up were quite straining to the eyes and the lights were deceiving. Some natural sunlight in the morning would have helped make it feel more homey for me.

Overall, I'd stay there again and again. Location was great, and was 5 minutes away from most landmarks (like the Jesse Robredo Coliseum where we held our event,) and was surrounded by cafes, restaurants, bars, and a few blocks away from a spa. What a gem in Naga city!

Room Tip: We got a room with no windows, so it gave me the feeling of living in a box. I suggest you ask for t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Kaich,

Thank you very much for your very detailed and informative review. It's humbling to know that you appreciated our team's effort to make your group feel comfortable and well taken cared for during your stay.

Your feedback about the toiletries were already forwarded to the supplier for reconsideration. As for the room with no window, we'll have that recorded so that on your next visit, we can give you your preferred room with a better view. It was just that during your visit we were fully booked.

For your next booking, please do not hesitate to also indicate your preference and we'll be happy to consider that. Once again, thank you very much for giving us a 5 in your review and we look forward for your many stay with us! We are a gem in Naga City because of guests like you who deserves nothing but the best!!!

Cheers!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

As a follow up to MBGarchitorena's earlier review, we would like to commend the quick action taken by the staff of Avenue Plaza Hotel. I also stayed in the same rooms (512 - Jan. 8, 510 - Jan 12) and was equally disappointed when we forgot our spreads in the room refrigerator and was even more disappointed when no one knew about the items we had forgotten when we got back to the hotel 4 days after. However, as soon as MBGarchitorena posted his review, he received a call from Mr. Jim Jimenez and was told that they investigated our concern and discovered the items stashed away in another fridge. They were not lost, just not endorsed. Their immediate action and feedback is highly commendable! GREAT SERVICE RECOVERY! KUDOS TO FOM JIM JIMENEZ! This hotel is highly recommended,

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Hello MS J,

Thank you for taking this effort to leave a review about our Front Office Manager's service recovery. As you may have observed, we take actions whenever our guests have concerns and make sure that they are handled properly and in timely manner.

Please extend our warmest regards to your whole family and friends! We do hope you can visit us again this year.

Dios Mabalos! Happy Summer!!!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I work for a travel and tour agency which has me travelling around and accompanying large group of clients.

I was recently in this hotel twice within the month of January and in both cases I had roughly 100pax in tow.

I believe that the true test of a hotel's mettle is when tour groups check in. It usually is a logistical nighmare and only the best of the best iron out the details. Well, this hotel takes the cake!

Room Tip: During the Feast of the Lady of Penafrancia, ask for a room overlooking the river. Any other day, a...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Hi Jian Joseph,

We couldn't make it easier for the group if not for your travel agency's close coordination with our team. Thank you for being so supportive and collaborative. We're always happy to have your group at Avenue Plaza Hotel.

See you again soon! Cheers to more travel!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Growing up in Naga, booking a hotel room had never been necessary, up until January 8 and 12 when the need to stay in one cropped up and so I reserved two rooms in Avenue Plaza Hotel since I'd heard a lot of good things about this hotel. All in all, my stay did not disappoint except for ONE thing which marred what otherwise would have been a perfect visit back to my old town. Locationwise, building a hotel along Magsaysay Avenue that is a short but sufficient distance from downtown centro means one is spared from the worst of the traffic. The rooms were more than adequate (quite roomy in fact), the thread count of the sheets was more than what I'd expected, the towels were fluffy, the bathrooms were just the way I like them - well lit, large - and it was CLEAN. The one thing that could be improved about the rooms are the shower stalls. They leak and flood the floor. We didn't get to eat much in Cafe Plazuela except for breakfast, but even that was very enjoyable. They have a large and varied buffet and attentive staff who always make sure that your coffee cup stays topped. Speaking of coffee, if they could make a stronger brew then breakfast would be really, really good. That said, what's really going for this hotel are the staff I met. Jim Jimenez is an excellent FOM who took excellent care of us (and his skill in speaking French is not to be belittled, as my friends from Paris pointed out) as did Jojo, Jester, Tristan, Francis and Sam. Hold on to these fellows!

Now, on to my gripe. On the morning of January 9 as we were getting ready to leave for Caramoan, I forgot to remove from the minibar the queso de bola spread, tinapa pate and prosciutto that I'd intended to bring with me to Caramoan. Maybe I should've called the hotel to tell them to retrieve it from the minibar but it passed my mind completely. Anyway, upon my return on January 12, one of the first things I asked was if housekeeping had endorsed the contents of the minibar to the front office staff. NADA. To the FO staff's credit, they chcked high and low and reported to me on more than one occassion the negative results of their search. Good thing it was only food that I'd left behind and nothing more valuable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MBGarchitorena

Dear MB Garchitorena,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback. We wish to inform you that we have made an action regarding the your recommendation about the shower stalls, the coffee in the morning and also the proper endorsement of the left behind items. We informed our the concerned department about it and it was properly resolved.

Thank you too for acknowledging the immediate action made by our Front Office Manager Mr.Jim Jimenez who contacted you regarding the items you left. Special thanks also to MS J for leaving another review commending our immediate and personal feedback upon reading this review last January.

Avenue Plaza Hotel will always be grateful for guests like you who give their honest reviews and recommendation on how we can maintain a high standard of personalized service.

We look forward for your next visit in Naga City! We'll be very happy to welcome you again at The Avenue. Happy summer!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Naga
Villa Caceres Hotel
#1 of 1 in Caramoan
CBD Plaza Hotel
CBD Plaza Hotel
#6 of 11 in Naga

Been to The Avenue Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!