“The hotel with the best of everything in Naga”

The Avenue Plaza Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Naga
Reviewed March 10, 2014

More than the modern look yet homey, tasteful ambiance of the hotel, what impressed me is their brand of excellent service. Every hotel staff knew how to deal with guests and make them feel at ease. Every guest is treated with a personal touch (i.e. they know what newspaper you read and would save a copy for you), Everybody is on the ball and ready to cater to your needs and requests. This hotel is one of the few hotels that impressed me in terms of service, interiors, rooms and amenities.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
AppleAllison, Public Relations Manager at The Avenue Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Hello Merchantman,

We would like to thank you for rating us excellent and for writing this review about Avenue Plaza Hotel. We're very happy to read that you were impressed by our brand of excellent service. Your appreciation about the things that we do for our guests only strengthens our passion to always give personalized service to all our clients and guests.

I hope you can visit us again, this time for a holiday trip together with your family and friends.
We look forward welcoming you again at The Avenue!

The Avenue Plaza Hotel Management and Team

Reviewed February 8, 2014

From the moment they picked us up at the airport, our entire entourage of roughly 20 people knew we were going to be well cared for during our entire stay. All the staff were incredibly courteous, always willing to go the extra mile, and really took the initiative to make everyone as comfortable possible. Our requests for bottles of water and toilet paper were delivered within minutes. They offered to take down my luggage late at night, for a special check-in they arranged for our group, so I wouldn't have to go down to the lobby myself. By the end of our 3-day stay, we were on first names bases with several of the bellhops and shuttle staff.

The rooms were clean and impeccably maintained, with no signs of wear and tear despite years of service. I'm quite nit-picky about the bathroom, and I was happy to note that there were no signs of mildew or growth that usually begin to surface in moist areas. The only criticism I have is for their toiletries: the shampoo made my hair feel extremely dry, and the conditioner didn't do much to compensate.

Though I was happy with the room, I would have a preferred one with a window, especially since the lighting of the room was fairly dark. Writing and putting on make-up were quite straining to the eyes and the lights were deceiving. Some natural sunlight in the morning would have helped make it feel more homey for me.

Overall, I'd stay there again and again. Location was great, and was 5 minutes away from most landmarks (like the Jesse Robredo Coliseum where we held our event,) and was surrounded by cafes, restaurants, bars, and a few blocks away from a spa. What a gem in Naga city!

Room Tip: We got a room with no windows, so it gave me the feeling of living in a box. I suggest you ask for t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Kaich,

Thank you very much for your very detailed and informative review. It's humbling to know that you appreciated our team's effort to make your group feel comfortable and well taken cared for during your stay.

Your feedback about the toiletries were already forwarded to the supplier for reconsideration. As for the room with no window, we'll have that recorded so that on your next visit, we can give you your preferred room with a better view. It was just that during your visit we were fully booked.

For your next booking, please do not hesitate to also indicate your preference and we'll be happy to consider that. Once again, thank you very much for giving us a 5 in your review and we look forward for your many stay with us! We are a gem in Naga City because of guests like you who deserves nothing but the best!!!

Cheers!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

As a follow up to MBGarchitorena's earlier review, we would like to commend the quick action taken by the staff of Avenue Plaza Hotel. I also stayed in the same rooms (512 - Jan. 8, 510 - Jan 12) and was equally disappointed when we forgot our spreads in the room refrigerator and was even more disappointed when no one knew about the items we had forgotten when we got back to the hotel 4 days after. However, as soon as MBGarchitorena posted his review, he received a call from Mr. Jim Jimenez and was told that they investigated our concern and discovered the items stashed away in another fridge. They were not lost, just not endorsed. Their immediate action and feedback is highly commendable! GREAT SERVICE RECOVERY! KUDOS TO FOM JIM JIMENEZ! This hotel is highly recommended,

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Hello MS J,

Thank you for taking this effort to leave a review about our Front Office Manager's service recovery. As you may have observed, we take actions whenever our guests have concerns and make sure that they are handled properly and in timely manner.

Please extend our warmest regards to your whole family and friends! We do hope you can visit us again this year.

Dios Mabalos! Happy Summer!!!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I work for a travel and tour agency which has me travelling around and accompanying large group of clients.

I was recently in this hotel twice within the month of January and in both cases I had roughly 100pax in tow.

I believe that the true test of a hotel's mettle is when tour groups check in. It usually is a logistical nighmare and only the best of the best iron out the details. Well, this hotel takes the cake!

Room Tip: During the Feast of the Lady of Penafrancia, ask for a room overlooking the river. Any other day, a...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Hi Jian Joseph,

We couldn't make it easier for the group if not for your travel agency's close coordination with our team. Thank you for being so supportive and collaborative. We're always happy to have your group at Avenue Plaza Hotel.

See you again soon! Cheers to more travel!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Growing up in Naga, booking a hotel room had never been necessary, up until January 8 and 12 when the need to stay in one cropped up and so I reserved two rooms in Avenue Plaza Hotel since I'd heard a lot of good things about this hotel. All in all, my stay did not disappoint except for ONE thing which marred what otherwise would have been a perfect visit back to my old town. Locationwise, building a hotel along Magsaysay Avenue that is a short but sufficient distance from downtown centro means one is spared from the worst of the traffic. The rooms were more than adequate (quite roomy in fact), the thread count of the sheets was more than what I'd expected, the towels were fluffy, the bathrooms were just the way I like them - well lit, large - and it was CLEAN. The one thing that could be improved about the rooms are the shower stalls. They leak and flood the floor. We didn't get to eat much in Cafe Plazuela except for breakfast, but even that was very enjoyable. They have a large and varied buffet and attentive staff who always make sure that your coffee cup stays topped. Speaking of coffee, if they could make a stronger brew then breakfast would be really, really good. That said, what's really going for this hotel are the staff I met. Jim Jimenez is an excellent FOM who took excellent care of us (and his skill in speaking French is not to be belittled, as my friends from Paris pointed out) as did Jojo, Jester, Tristan, Francis and Sam. Hold on to these fellows!

Now, on to my gripe. On the morning of January 9 as we were getting ready to leave for Caramoan, I forgot to remove from the minibar the queso de bola spread, tinapa pate and prosciutto that I'd intended to bring with me to Caramoan. Maybe I should've called the hotel to tell them to retrieve it from the minibar but it passed my mind completely. Anyway, upon my return on January 12, one of the first things I asked was if housekeeping had endorsed the contents of the minibar to the front office staff. NADA. To the FO staff's credit, they chcked high and low and reported to me on more than one occassion the negative results of their search. Good thing it was only food that I'd left behind and nothing more valuable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MBGarchitorena

Dear MB Garchitorena,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback. We wish to inform you that we have made an action regarding the your recommendation about the shower stalls, the coffee in the morning and also the proper endorsement of the left behind items. We informed our the concerned department about it and it was properly resolved.

Thank you too for acknowledging the immediate action made by our Front Office Manager Mr.Jim Jimenez who contacted you regarding the items you left. Special thanks also to MS J for leaving another review commending our immediate and personal feedback upon reading this review last January.

Avenue Plaza Hotel will always be grateful for guests like you who give their honest reviews and recommendation on how we can maintain a high standard of personalized service.

We look forward for your next visit in Naga City! We'll be very happy to welcome you again at The Avenue. Happy summer!!!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We booked 2 rooms on Dec. 25-27. One for my family, the other for my aunt and Uncle. From the moment we arrived, the driver of the hotel (Flo) had shown excellent customer service when he picked us up at the airport. The check in was smooth, we were given a holding room while the rooms were being prepared, they wanted to put us together on the same floor. There's complimentary bottled water in the rooms. Beds are comfortable with clean linens, bathrooms are clean and smells fresh. Dennis is the concierge person who assisted us, he had made my Mom so happy. Christmas is my Mom's birthday, Dennis, Tristan(?) and another concierge person (sorry, im really bad at remembering names) came up to our room with a cupcake and a candle, and sang happy birthday to her :) They are also very kid friendly, everytime we go to the lobby, they will greet my son by his name. We've travelled a lot, you don't get that kind of hospitality in America or Europe. The breakfast buffet spread is great, there's enough choices for my picky American husband and son. The most impressive service was when our flight back to Manila got cancelled. Flo approached us and said that he saw the cancelled flight earlier and thought we will need his assistance. He waited for us for about an hour till we finish dealing with the airline company, then drove us to the bus terminal, even assisted me in finding a bus ride for my family. We were so impressed, their staff will go an extra mile even after you check out of the hotel. Great job everyone! We will definitely go back and enjoy the great service again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travelbug41_12

Hello Ms. Travelbug41_12

You're outstanding review of our outstanding service makes us feel so loved! We really appreciate your kind words towards our team members. They have read this review before and you really brought smile to their faces too! We're very pleased to know that you were impressed by how our staff treated you during and after your stay at the Avenue Plaza Hotel. Hope

It will be our honor to have you and your family again. We look forward for your next visit to Naga and the whole Avenue Plaza Hotel team we'll be ready to warmly welcome you again! Stay connected with us through our official Facebook page.

Hello to your bubbly son and please extend our warmest greetings to the whole family!

God bless!

:-)

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The Avenue has made some wonderful changes to Cafe Plazuela's food menu since our last visit in Easter 2013. Whether you're in the mood for a Ribeye steak, or a flavorful native dishes, Sea Scallops, or a decadent dessert, we were very impressed with all the newly added fine dinning menu selections. The food was delicious and the cafe's atmosphere was nice for couples.

The Hotel has made noticeable renovation upgrades that really emphasizes the lobby entrance. We love the new decor and it just enahnces the importance of providing an intimate environment for their guests.

We were upgraded to the Presidential suite located on the 5th floor. The room and the amenities were first rate and as always, we enjoyed the five star treatment from the staff.

We also want to provide our appreciation to Allan, Charmane, Dennis, and Tristan, and the other staff for their excellent customer service, hospitality, and treating us so well. They have made our stay both relaxing and very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for reservations at the cafe and pre-order your food in advanced.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kdsedward

Hello Sir KDSEdward,

As one of our most loyal guests, we just can't take you enough! Your thoughtful review never fails to put a big smile on our face and warms our heart.

It's always a pleasure to have you at the Avenue Plaza Hotel every year when you visit Naga City.
Thank you very much for always choosing to stay with us since your visit in 2010. Wow! We're very blessed to have a very loyal patron like you.

We hope to see you again this year!
Our President & GM, Mr.Allan and the rest of the staff wished to extend their best regards too. :-)

Happy Summer!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Naga
Villa Caceres Hotel
#1 of 1 in Caramoan
CBD Plaza Hotel
CBD Plaza Hotel
#7 of 11 in Naga

Been to The Avenue Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!