“A touch of elegance”

The Avenue Plaza Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Naga
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed for 3 days, 2 nights in this hotel. I was truly impressed by the customer-centric and all-around service that the Avenue Plaza Hotel offers from the moment you step in. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a delightful stay. I myself found them exceeding my expectations. Thank you to the Avenue Plaza Hotel! Job well done and looking forward to my next stay(s) with you. KUDOS!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed: November 29 - December 1, 2013
Room: 209

Pros:
1. location - a lot of restaurants and coffee shots, drug store, etc nearby
2. hotel ambiance was cozy
3. spacious room
- comfortable bed, pillows, sheets, comforter
- ample cabinet/drawer space
- safe in the room
- cable tv
4. excellent service
5. hotel restaurant served good food and good coffee at a reasonable rates
6. hotel had a service van that could drop off and pick up guests in nearby areas
7. hotel provided a shuttle to and from the airport

Cons:
1. the shower head in the bathroom - it's a little dated and the spray is so fine (though at least the water pressure was very good), couldn't adjust it much that it would not wet the wall and towel rack at the opposite wall
2. the hotel had no umbrellas to lend guests (it was raining most of my trip and though there were many places to walk to, there was no umbrella to use. we were pleased that the staff called for the van to drop us off at the restaurant, but an umbrella would have sufficed.)

Room Tip: Room 209 faces the pool area and is near the gym
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Full airconditioned,
wood/carpeted hotel rooms,
hot water baths,
in-room safe,
32" cable flat screen TV,
my room always had a balcony,
Orthopaedic beds with pillowtop,
high threadcount sheets of about 350-400,
bathroom towels were plenty and thick .... Almost new.
roundtrip aircon transfers and breakfast in a new Toyota van came with my room rate

- what else could I ask for?

Since I have stayed in this hotel more than I ever thought I would, I decided
to rate this hotel now. While there are a few hitches here and there ( I will
name them later ), by and large, i always got a very warm reception when I
come for a visit. From the Front Desk, the Concierge, the Doormen, the
restaurant's maître d', the other waiters, even the Chef, specially the
Housekeeping crew are all very attentive, helpful.

A few minor hitches :
- my room safe didn't work initially but they worked on it right away, hustle free
- the tv remote control didn't all work well but was replaced in minutes

My aunt who does not like eating vegetables enjoyed her tomato soup - I guess
it helped that we got to chat with the Chef before we ordered for his recommendations.
The present Chef used to work for the Manila Mandarin and had worked overseas in
exotic but customer-demanding places like Turks & Caicos Islands. Interesting, noh?

It's just me to want to know these trivial things. Good services does not come in that
easily. Even Mr Jim, a fine young man at the Front Desk is really very wise. He has
assisted me in several situations, etc.

Must mention, Mr Bong, the maitre d....he or his team is there for anything - just a moment
you knew you needed something.

I really got what i paid for.

This is a very sharp hotel. For those that want to get away from the Metro for maybe 3D-2N,
one can book a flight to Naga and stay in this nice, contemporary designed hotel. It is maybe
15-20 minute drive from the airport. I think they have quite a few rooms available at the moment still. I know I'll be back soon.

Sorry - I didn't use the gym, the pool nor anything behind the hotel rooms.

PS i noticed the brown sofa in the lobby that has been stitched a few times....I'm sure they
are making plans to reupholster this piece.

Room Tip: I have stayed in the rooms facing the pool(back), the front, the side(river) and I am ok with any. I...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Thank you for a great experience at your hotel, the staff was extremely attentive and welcoming! When you enter the doors of avenue plaza square you are welcomed by the big smiles of the staff and a soothing blueberry lemon into lemonade to beat the tropical heat. The lobby is quaint along with their restaurant. Breakfast and lunch is served there and I particularly enjoyed the manicotti stuffed with Laing and dinakdak na baboy! A true creative take on local ingredients and farm to table! I was upgraded to the presidential suite (nice) and I was able to host a mini cocktail party for my friends and 2 servers available to help during the event. Thank you jim for working on a budget and showing the true creative and welcoming spirit of the Bicolanos! Your staff is truly amazing and might I say honest (one of the waitersnreturned my 1000 pesos tip). From. Bicolana far and away thank you for the warm hospitality and kindness!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2013

love this hotel and will stay here again when i come back to naga city. This hotel is very convenient to everything. close to shops n restaurants . very accessable to everything and i love it !! the staff was extremely friendly n helpful .... will recommend to everyone !!

Room Tip: higher level like 5th floor n up ..
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2013

A very nice hotel, and its difficult to find any fault.

Upon check in I was informed of the fact I had been upgraded (at no cost) and the member of staff, having given me a brief and yet detailed explaination of all I needed to know, proceeded to advise me of the fact the breakfast would be predominantly filipino, so asked me if I had any special requests. I wasn't expecting to have breakfast so I declined, but thought this was a very nice gesture to a foreign visitor (one who has previously criticised such large/professional hotels for having a pretty poor/limited breakfast menu).

The room was fantastic, very spacous, large comfy bed, large flat screen TV with a great selection of channels, a good AC, and a fridge (no drinks though the room did incl 2 complimentary bottles of water).

The bathroom (incl shower in a bath tub) was very nice, complete with a selection of toiletries.

The room service menu options were very limited (around 8 options spread across 3 courses). As such I proceeded to decide going out was the best idea whereas room service had initially been my preference.

Whilst I didn't use the hotel facilities, I did have a wander around and the pool looked beautiful.

The hotel is situated at the back of a mall which is home to and surrounded by a concerntrated number of stores and restaurants all no more than a 5 minute walk away (various restaurants, a convinience store and Starbucks included).

As it turned out I did have breakfast the following morning, and the fact is the selection is limited (filipino menu) but having said that there was a good selection of breads and an 'egg man' (i.e. a chef who will prepare eggs as you so desire) so I was more than happy. The coffee was good, and a few juice options. Fair to say this would be a little tiresome if you were staying for a while, but no complaints for a day or two.

Check out was a little painful, though mainly due to the all too familiar situation in these parts, staff spending XX mins on a computer screen, before having to prepare a time consuming hand written receipt (if they can't avoid this in the Apple store in Makati you can hardly expect a hotel in the middle of Bicol to be any different).

Whilst the cost (P 4,600 / USD 100) wasn't cheap, all in all it was a top rate experience, and I would recommend to any fellow travellers, certainly those who would like a first class western experience while in Bicol (I'm not aware of anywhere else coming close to this outside of Legaspi City).

Room Tip: My room looked out onto the back of the mall, from where there was loud/banging/thumping music (when...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

From the airport they serve with a smile. The welcome at the lobby is very personal, sometimes the owner himself (as I have stayed several times in this hotel). The rooms are elegant and modern. The gym, pool and sauna are nicely located with good service as well. The gym has group exercise scheduled in the morning and early evening with well trained instructors. Although the breakfast buffet does not have a lot of choices, most of the food are good. The coffee and hot chocolate are excellent. One should also try their 'ensaymada' bread. A few steps outside are restaurants which all serve good food and the street itself is lined with bars, coffee shop, restos and shops. A few meters is a convenience store open 24 hours and a massage place. This is the best hotel in this small city. I would stay again and again in this place.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Zippyfilly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naga
The Carmen Hotel
#5 of 11 in Naga
Tugawe Cove Resort
Tugawe Cove Resort
#1 of 1 in Caramoan

Been to The Avenue Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!