“A different stay than most of the reviews here”
Review of Alicia Hotel

Alicia Hotel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Legazpi
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Most review here are negative. It baffles me since when I and my friends stayed there, we enjoyed our stayed. Everyday we need to go to La Piazza and on our free time, we get to visit tourist sites like the Lingnon Hill and Cagsawa Ruins. The place is near a road so tricycles and jeepneys pass by. The location of the hotel is near to the airport and free shuttle is available.

Our slept well during our stay. Maybe because we're a group of friends that why things that bothered other couples pass through our senses. We got a room with 2 single bed and 1 matriarch bed. Beddings are clean and so is the room. There's a TV and a small fridge. Hair dryer is also available through request. The CR is clean enough. Hot and cold water is available.

The food is okay.There's an option between hot chocolate and coffee. Both continental and Filipino breakfast is available. However, service is quite slow especially in providing the drinks given that the drinks are not brewed.

An outside pool is available for guests to use. However, it was rainy on our stay there and we didn't get to enjoy the pool much.

My friends previously stayed at Sampaguita Inn and Alicia is several notch better.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank shykyoichi

Reviewed November 25, 2011

Alicia is an OK hotel, but basic accomodation. I stayed in an executive suite. By comparison to other rooms at the hotel, it is better (larger flat screen TV), but, by comparison to other hotels, its not even close. It's just larger. Hotel needs a financial investment. Bathrooms are old and need updating. Water in the shower was a trickle... Even so water is all over the floor as the curtains don't restrain the water. AC was great in my room, but I know others were weak on cooling. Overall the hotel was clean. The breakfasts are but buffet, but, very good PI breakfasts, Americano not so.... The hotel is very close to the airport, and shuttle is free and on time. The staff were excellent in every way. I was part a celebration at the conference center-across the street, It was perfect and the food excellent. Expect a short trike ride or Jeepnee if you want to go downtown. Mayon is spectacular. I had a barking dog living right outside my window... it woke me up in the morning, 5:00 am, and often barked at night as well. Patience! Many family members visited without any issues. All in all I would return, in part because I am familiar with the surroundings there and I like the staff.

Room Tip: #5 had the barking dog. the room next door appears to have a direct view of Mayon.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank kgone1
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stay here in August 27-28 2011. I booked the hotel accommodation online August 5 but after careful reading and browsing in the internet I found out that the reviews are negative hence when i would like to cancel my reservation, I was advised to try and cancel my reservation online, but I will be charged 100% of the total reservation if I opt to cancel.

Pros:
1. Near the airport
2. WIFI connection
3. Airport pick up vehicle was sooo good

Cons
1. Old Room
2. Expensive Food
3. No water heater
4. Requested for Tour package where I expect all travel costs will be included, but what they gave me is rental of their van for 4,500 8 hours Albay tour excluding entrance, lunch, food etc..

If you are travelling to Legaspi City, canvass first and be careful in case you will book your accommodation in this hotel. If they will trim down their prices then probably it will be okay for the value of our money.. but with their current amenities, this is really not work of our budget..

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank ghelay0825
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I stayed here for business and stayed in the jacuzzi room. The room is fancy with the bed located in a platform and the jacuzzi at the side with glass wall.

I tried to use the jacuzzi but it seems not well maintained ans cleaned because the water smelled foul and I just went on using the shower.

• Stayed: September 2010
3  Thank honeyzel
Reviewed October 22, 2010

this used to be a neat and reasonably priced hotel several years back. through the years it has increased its rates without upgrading its services, i.e. linens, plumbing, aircon noise. except for the availability of a wi-fi, nothing has really improved in this hotel.
UPSIDE: safe parking, wi-fi, resto
DOWNSIDE: price, old linen, noisy aircon units, defective plumbing
but if they lower down their room rates by at least 40%, then these downsides can be taken in stride.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank spadooks
Reviewed September 12, 2010

The Alicia seems to be one of those hotels that was once a nice place to stay many years ago, but is now a worn-out version of its former self. The first room we were given had poor lighting, antiquated room fixtures, old bedding, and too much noise from the street. I went to the reception for a refund and they offered a free upgrade to their junior suite to keep us there. The replacement room was nicer with an LCD television and newer, upgraded bedding. Still there were signs of an old establishment ready for a complete make-over and NO hot water in a place that charges over $50US/night! (the junior suite is priced at $60), expensive for a hotel in this city. The breakfast was pretty good, but the staff made an issue out of taking it back to my room where my girl still was :( .

There are several pension-style lodgings nearby that are newer and a lot cheaper, but they were sold out -- so the lesson is to book in advance for Legazpi!

At the very least, Alicia should have MUCH discounted prices to compensate for the current condition and start working on improvements or they could soon be out-of-business. My ratings would be even lower if I had to rate this place based on staying in the first room we were assigned,

--And to top it off, the check-out time is strictly enforced; not sure why as there is plenty of vacancy.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Intl-Night-Owl
Reviewed April 2, 2010

The hotel is just ok but the hotel seems so old.
Anyway, the room was clean and the beds quite good.

Maybe a bit too pricy but for a 2 nights trip, it was ok.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family