TripAdvisor
Legazpi
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews the main road free breakfast nice rooftop dorm room rooftop area great place to stay mount mayon free water walking distance water pressure parking space pandesal matrasses accommodation receptionist bfast rates
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2019

The hostel has parking space and the people here are accommodating. Guests are allowed to cook in the kitchen which also has water dispenser. I noticed many foreigners stay here. The room has individual lockers. A friend recommended us to stay here because they serve different rice meals for breakfast but during our stay, we had egg and pandesal for 2 consecutive days. Internet connection is only available in the common area, very slow inside the room.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

Lets start positive. The hostel has a big kitchen, a small rooftop area and they serve breakfast. The matrasses were way too thin and in the dorm room (4 bed, fan) it smelled of wet dog, which was a let down. I stayed here just one night, which was more than enough.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

A nice relatively quiet area with a good roof deck view of Mount mayon. The rooms were clean, beds are comfortable and shower worked well. There's not much in the immediate area so if you don't want to travel into town 10-15mins bring snacks or food before heading there. Overall great stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2019

Mayon Backpacker Hotel - the only accommodation that gave me and my family a really bad experience as frequent travelers. We were stranded in Manila and requested for either 50% refund or reschedule since we couldn’t make it in time. The heartless hotel management made our travel in Albay an unforgettable travails. The booking staff seemed to be clueless about customer service. I’m never booking with them. Ever.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
mayonbackpackers, Owner at Mayon Backpackers Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2019

On behalf of the Mayon Backpackers Hostel staff, We would like to thank you for your sincere feedback regarding the services the Hostel provided. We apologize if we can not refund your payment since we are following our hostel policy also. Your concerns are valuable to us. Our goal is to give our customer the full extent of excellent services as to make you feel home and safe during your stay. Thank you for considering MBH as one of your destinations during your travel.

Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

At first, I had to argue with the receptionist because he is trying to give me a room which was different to the one I booked thru Agoda. Finally after few minutes, he gave me the room I actually booked which was an ac room for female only (though I was the only one who occupied the room).
The place was overall organized and clean. It was not situated along the main road but is just walking distance to the "rotonda"/capitol where all jeeps going around Albay pass. The breakfast was nice, and actuallly impressive despite the cheap rates of the hostel. The staffs were nice and very helpful. Will definitely come back

Date of stay: August 2018