“Nice, clean hotel with good view of Mt. Mayon”

La Piazza Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Legazpi
Antipolo, Rizal, Philippines
“Nice, clean hotel with good view of Mt. Mayon”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Big rooms, strong wi fi signal in the lobby but not in our room, only few minutes to airport, good airport shuttle service.. We had a good stay in La Piazza. Our room is big, my kids love the tv and big beds. T&B is rather small. We had a ref only on the last night of our stay. Food served during breakfast is ok except that we would normally end up with only a few food by the time we have our breakfast, perhaps because of its many guests during the Holy Week. We enjoyed our late night snack there especially the cheesy fries. Wifi signal, especially in the lobby is ok, but not in our room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pinay B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The management of la piazza should check on the attitudes of its frontliners. The gay on the front desk in particular should not be there anyway. He doesn't know how to smile and to answer the guests properly when prompt with questions regarding hotel services etc.. I wonder if he has ever encountered the words "courteous and polite".

The room is cozy and elegant but i noticed insufficiency of outlets to accommodate laptop and cellphone charger.

To top it all, the internet connection is super slow.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank goosebum
Bacoor, Cavite, Philippines
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I came from a recent trip in Legazpi City Albay. I love the place. I've been to different hotels in the City and during my last trip I tried La Piazza Hotel. Actually the place is Good. Located near our Branch office and my client's office as well. But the restaurant staff is so annoying. My coffee was served cold. They provided me cream and sugar but upon checking, the container was empty. I tried to talk to one service crew, but she just keeps on staring at me as if she doesn't hear me. Poor Restaurant Service. Very slow response time.The staff needs some more training. I even thought they are HRM students on training. The Restaurant is over staffed. They were actually overcrowding the BAR area.
Overall, the stay is okay. The front desk officer is friendly and helpful.The room especially the CR is clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Will go back again if we're in the area again. Unexpected good cleanliness and good service for the price we paid for. staff were so nice. Location is just right if you need to be at the mall or airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We booked for 1 night and we were given a big well-lit room with a huge bed and a 2-seater couch. Room was clean as well as its bathroom. It was our first time in Legazpi, Albay and the driver who fetched us from the airport was truly friendly. I just hope the staff in their mini restaurant payed more attention to their guests than talking among each other. The waiter even missed to ask what our drinks would be for breakfast. It left an impression on me that they were OJTs. "Extra rice" comes with a price - be aware. The WiFi connection wasn't that good, I guess you'd have to take a room near the receiving area to get an excellent connection.

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel for the affordability and the kind of accommodation (room) that we got.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Booked this hotel based on good reviews from Tripadvisor. Hotel staff are friendly and courteous. The deluxe rooms were spacious. When we checked in, first thing I noticed was the smell of urine coming from the bathroom. I assumed that the bathroom was just not cleaned thoroughly since the smell was gone after my 2 kids took a bath. The next day, breakfast was served incomplete and COLD after 45 minutes. We went to Lignon Hill after but had to go back to the hotel before lunch because of rain. We came in in the middle of their housekeeping. My father stayed in their room while we all transferred to our room to give the housekeepers space in their cleaning. My father saw the staff wipe the used cup, saucer and spoon with the used towel and put it back on the coffee table as if newly-washed. The used towel was also used to wipe the toilet bowl.

We came out to look for a good resort and checked out right away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank ILoveMick

Travelers are raving about these Legazpi hotels

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for a night before heading off to Misibis bay resort,the rooms are big and spacious. Comfortable bed and linens,Parking area is just enough,we booked for a Deluxe room,its bigger than i thought,comfort rooms are in good condition. breakfast is ok and can be improved,good wi-fi is a plus..The guy (gay)in the fronbt office is nice and sweet,couldnt complain,handled our needs well.. Will be back definitely!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business