“Needed a place to work and rest”

The Oriental Legazpi
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Legazpi
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I visited Bicol for work but my parents tagged along.
I figured why not? So i booked at Oriental hotel given they had a promo
in one of the voucher sites.

It was worth it and so much more.

The room was not too big but it was enough for 3 persons. The twin beds can occupy 2 in one of the twin bed (mom and dad slept in one bed and I slept at the other one)
The breakfast was so-so but it was filling.

There was a great view of Mayon and you would feel really at peace with the place.
The staff were very accomodating and all smiles too! :)

Room Tip: Get a room facing Mayon :)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank cher2300
There are newer reviews for The Oriental Legazpi

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Had a great stay here during Typhoon Rammasun. Great service and a real quality feel. The hotel is up on the hillside on the edge of town so walking to and from the hotel is difficult. However, the height affords views of Mayon Volcano which are genuinely world-class.

Room Tip: make sure your room has a Volcano view. This is a MUST!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank TaipeiLongfellow
Reviewed July 14, 2014

For the view of the stunning Mayon from their balconies, we booked a stay at the Oriental Hotel Legazpi following a day’s stay at Misibis Bay. Looking around further on the hotel’s webpage, I found that they’ve got more to offer in the form of packages galore like birthday treats, ATV adventures and more (depending on the season). Since it’s our first time in Legazpi and the Bicol region for that matter, we took the opportunity to book the ATV adventure package that comes with a city tour. I loved that Legazpi Oriental had a best price guarantee on their site and the idea of just paying a small portion for the booking online and the rest of the bill at the hotel gave me a sense of security and also a little more time to save up extra money for the trip (since it felt like the money grubbing resort, Misibis Bay, took everything I had in one full sweep).

Needless to say, the Misibis Bay stay was a bust and the worst vacation we’ve ever had and it was a comforting thought that we had Legazpi Oriental Hotel to fall back on. They didn’t disappoint for as soon as we arrived at the front desk (around 1:00 p.m.-ish), we were checked in. They gave us a room on the second floor and when I found out that a couple of palm trees were blocking our view of the beautiful volcano, I called the operator to ask for a room with a higher vantage point. He told me to give him five minutes to look into it and true to his word, he called me back in less than that time, giving us good news that there was a room available on the fifth floor. He asked that we give them some time to clean the new room up and while that was being taken care of, we waited in the comfort of the room we were first assigned in.

Ten minutes in and the doorbell rang with our sundo to the fifth floor. [I think his name is Rodel, (I hope, I hope, I hope, I got it right) the same guy I talked to on the phone and also the same person who brought our receipt to our room in a flash when I forgot about it at the front desk. Thank you so much for making us feel cared for and important. Job well done! (“,) )] I got what I wanted from our room on the fifth floor. (Well, there was a post blocking Mayon as I lay on the bed but that’s nothing a little adjustment on my part couldn’t fix. Their executive chair was extremely comfortable as I sat there for hours staring at the volcano.)

We decided to stay the whole afternoon and evening in our room (as we were major stressed from our stay at Misibis Bay) and scheduled our ATV adventure and city tour for the next day. Everything went smoothly that evening save for noise coming from the function room above us. Again, it’s nothing a little adjustment could help. The TV drowned the live band sound and they did stop and everything was quiet as soon as it struck 11:00 p.m. We were too tired from our grueling experience at Misibis anyway; my companion slept through it all after our scrumptious room service dinner of tinutungan na manok and dessert platter from the hotel’s in-house restaurant.

The next day, I was up and at ‘em at 5:00 a.m. to stalk Mayon from our balcony again. =b Such a breathtaking sight, the first run rays of the day hitting the lava paths on the volcano. *contented sigh We then went down to the restaurant for buffet breakfast (which was included in the package, how value for money Oriental Legazpi’s offerings are) and gorged ourselves on their arroz caldo, Greek salad, pasta carbonara, corned beef, scrambled egg, cake pops and white chocolate mousse (that one was a tad too sweet for me though) and other selections. Then away we went on our fun filled and educational day of ATV adventure to the lava wall and city tour.
We were gone the whole day (with a few hours back at the hotel to freshen up for our city tour. So cool, their ‘clean my room’ and ‘do not disturb’ “signs”. You just turn the respective switches found near the bedside controls for the lights and voila.) It’s a day I would look back on with fondness. Our drivers and guides were very courteous and friendly. They were founts of knowledge on the places that we went to … funny, too. *heehahaha Jollikod. As a foodie, I thoroughly enjoyed trying out the most unbelievable flavors of ice cream from 1st Colonial and loved, loved, loved pinangat and Bicol express from Gilian’s. Our drivers and guides were quick to oblige us with every request; punta tayo dun, kuya; gusto ko try yun, kuya - DONE!

Our last day in Legazpi Oriental is when we chose to take a dip in their pool. After another filling breakfast [notable dishes were the egg drop soup (I love soup, tamad lang ngumuya), the salad with various choices of dressing, the fish fillet with tausi sauce, the pancakes, the beef tapa, and the longanisa pasta], we spent the last few hours of our stay lounging poolside (again, staring in awe at the beauty of Mayon. Would’ve been perfect if the white house wasn’t in the foreground but we could all admit, that’s not the hotel’s fault.) When we did go in the cooling water, I noticed that the pool wasn’t filled up to the brim. What happened to the infinity effect, guys? I was looking forward to that tapon, tapon on the side. *hihi

Packed and ready to go, we went down to the front desk to check out. It was a smooth transition, paying for the whole bill of our stay and other expenses. In no time, we were plopped up on one of the lounge chairs at the lobby (They had so many. Pick a chair, any chair! =D) waiting for our airport transfer. 12:25, we were on the way to the airport. Thank you so, very much, Oriental Legazpi for making our trip worthwhile! (We ain’t no Zac Efrons but we sure felt special at your hotel. Sorry naman, galit talaga sa Misibis Bay who treated us like nothing after we paid so much. Like money grows on trees and I have a lush garden of it. Weh.) Because of you, Oriental Hotel, we were able to salvage the trip to Legazpi!

Room Tip: Choose their Mayon view rooms. Ah, that volcano ... I'm smitten. *hihi
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
11  Thank XiNE F
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

It was my first time in Bicol and I was mesmerized by the view of Mayon Volcano everywhere. When we came to the hotel, I was even happier because my room was fronting that beautiful view of the mountain. I liked the displays of paintings and gowns made from local materials in their lobby. Our room was clean. Beddings were nicely done. Bed was comfortable I was able to sleep well. I just wish the bathroom has a door lock (don't know why they didn't put one). Breakfast menu was good though there's not much choices. Their brewed coffee needs more taste (my friend also noticed it). The volcano view from the swimming pool was great though we didn't try it because there we had no time and the floor color was not enticing to swim in (mossy?). I have no comparison with other local hotels but they say this is the best in Legazpi so far and I'd love to come back.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This hotel sits on top of the hill. Yes, you'll probably get the best Mayon view but it's inaccessible. I really expected much in this hotel. It's nice in photos but that's just it. There's no much activity that you can do here. We could've gotten a cheaper hotel in Legazpi where we can enjoy the view of Mayon as well.

We're a group of 3 budget travelers. We stayed here for 2 nights. We booked a room with twin beds + extra bed but they gave us a room with king bed. I immediately called their attention to have our room changed but it took an hour before they gave us the CORRECT room.

As for the room, it's white and clean. Bed sheets and pillows are clean. It brings a relaxing vibe. However, the bathroom is a little dark and needs maintenance. The tiles and faucet look old.

Breakfast was just okay. There's nothing new. They didn't serve any local dishes.

Perhaps my favorite part of the hotel is the swimming pool. It has a stunning view of the Mayon volcano. I suggest that you go to Legazpi in summer because Mayon is often surrounded by clouds during the rainy season.

We didn't avail the hotel's tour packages. It's expensive. We decided to go to the downtown to check if we can arrange a tour with a taxi driver. There are several tricycles at the side of the hotel. You can ride these tricycles to go to downtown. Riding a tricycle is a little dangerous though. The road is steep. But we really had no choice.

I don't get the hotel's huge lobby. There's too much chairs and couches. To me, it's a waste of space.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The room was immaculate (executive room)...almost. The bathroom has a sliding door but there was no way to lock it or at least hold the door so it remains closed.

The food is unexpectedly bad for such a nice location with the majestic sight of Mayon. The breakfast buffet had spaghetti that was a carenderia type.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2014

What makes this hotel special is its elevated position...on my 5th floor room's veranda lies the magnificent Mayon.The view on a good weather is just awesome I momentarily forgot how mediocare the hotel is ( 4 stars as they claim). First, it is not accessible by public transport under regular fare.We have to hire a tricycle or a taxi if we want to go downtown at P150 one way.Ouch.Second,the food is so-so. Third, less attentive staff.

I find our room nice but it should be a given @P4,000+++.

Room Tip: Rooms on 5th floor up and should be facing mayon volcano.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business