“Clean and Affordable Room but Poor Service”
Review of Embarcadero Hotel

Embarcadero Hotel
Ranked #27 of 35 Legazpi B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

This is my second time staying in this hotel. The room was clean and the price is just right. My second visit though brought too much disappointment. Since I arrived late, their office was closed and they couldn't reprogram my key card. I had to drop by the frontdesk and request to open the door everytime I go out of my room. I had to wait for the engineering guys several minutes at the corridor. It was a waste of time. Hope this, could be improved.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to have a good rest but what we got is no rest at all! First room was kids screaming and banging the wall next door so we couldn't take a nap and so we transfered to another room and tonight we have no rest at all and i mean no sleep because the guest next door is snoring and we can hear it loud! Such a poor construction of this rooms...the rooms are missing ammenities as well like toilet paper and towels! Do u have anyone checking the rooms before you let the guests go inside??? Poor service!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ria O
Reviewed May 18, 2014

PROS: Since it's located by the sea, you will get an unobstructed view of the majestic Mt. Mayon downstairs.
Budget friendly (we paid 1500 for a "double" room with free breakfast for 2)
Generous with the extra pillows
CONS: Really small rooms
The double bed is just a little wider than a single bed so might as well get the queen sized bed if there are 2 of you.
Since it's by the sea, expect some unpleasant smell coming from the toilet.

OTHERS: It is located inside a mall which should be a good thing but since the mall doesn't look much of a mall, it failed to be a plus factor. But still, having a supermarket downstairs (PUREGOLD) is an added convenience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Barbara P
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed here a few times between Jan 1 and March 20th 2014. I didn't make a reservation. I walked up to the front desk and started flirting with the two incredible, gorgeous ladies at the helm of this big cruise ship. I wanted a single room with air-con. They quoted me P1300 or $30 USD. I cracked jokes about the price and about how poor I was. The girls offered to chop the "breakfast included" off the price. P770 or $18 USD? Sure!! They asked if I wanted to see the room yet? For $18 a night? Who cares!! The hotel is in a mall, Embarcadero Legazpi.
No more money is being pumped into these developments. Embarcadero Legazpi is loosely based on the namesake in San Fran USA. The owners had golden intentions. A big, modern, open air mall/market with a hotel and entertainment. The other big malls in Legazpi are busy, packed, crowded. Embarcadero, with the best location, style, architecture and vibe… is a ghost town. The elevators in the mall were out the whole time I was there. The escalators from 2nd to 3rd floor were dead. Tenants were closing shop and going out of business in the mall. The Duty Free shop opened twice in 3 months! They turn the lights out and the place is completely shut down at 10:00pm. The hotel lobby is on the 3rd floor and you'll have to find a dark staircase on the other end of the mall to climb up to get to the hotel. Not safe at all. Many half-finished projects around the mall and construction sites.
They had big plans for this place. The hotel was supposed to like a big cruise ship, permanently anchored in port. You have the floor plan of a ship for the hotel and choose your rooms based on this. Inside cabins, outside, view rooms, balcony rooms, suites and small little rooms with a fake porthole. My shower worked fine. My room was great. I took an inside room with a fake porthole and a single bed. Expect insects and mosquitoes, you're in a tropical country. The rooms are very clean.
Once you're on the ground floor? Head to left and you're in downtown Legazpi. LCC Mall is in front of you and the wet market/fish market is in front of you. Head to the right and you end up on the Legazpi Boulevard Sea Wall. It's a 6 km paved sidewalk along the beach and Albay Gulf. It's 12km there and back. The end of the path is a beach! There's old growth jungle on one side and a beach on the other side. Many funky shops and bars and little cafes along the pathway. Gaisano Mall is off in the distance. That big Mayon volcano stares at you. She smokes and captures your thoughts. Legazpi has many fitness geeks! Embarcadero has much to offer the fitness geeks. Climbing walls, zip lines, hiking trails, swimming, jogging, healthy food, incredible scenery and nice people. I was the fat, out-of-shape-guy who lost 40 lbs in 3 months because of the relentless fitness geeks who kept dragging me out with them. The pool is a tropical beach where you swim with giant whale sharks!
If I ever win the lottery…I'll buy this place and finish what was started. So much potential here.

Room Tip: Don't be too picky. The rooms are small and very few of them have a view. Step out of your room...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Hotel is advertising a discount offer with 50% off (which in reality doesn't exist). Room was small but comfortable, even though not worth the 1800 pesos we paid - without window, cold shower and paper-thin walls, we could understand every word, what our neighbour spoke in the next room. Small room with window would have been 3000 pesos. The location on the harbour is good but you shouldn't go there, if you like a good breakfast or if you're a smoker, because the smoking area is a (bad) joke. Better try elsewhere. There are surely better places to stay in Legaspi. Enjoy the islands!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Booked an overnight stay with a friend in their standard room. Room looks like a capsule where you can see everything already once you open the door. Room has basic amenities like toilet and bath, sink, bed, aircon, and tv. Wifi connection is relatively OK in the room. Hotel is located in Embarcadero in Legaspi. The reception and lobby area is big.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank NotYourAverageJuan
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Location:
Very convenient as it is located within Embarcadero. I also chose this place as we feel secured that it is connected to the mall.

Rooms:
We had a twin bed room, not that spacious but it will do since we didn’t stay much anyway here. Bathroom is large enough but take note that they don’t have shower curtains and no lock on the sliding door so make sure that you are super comfortable with your would-be roommate. I like that they put the sink outside the bathroom so you don’t have to wait for your companion to finish his/her bathroom activities before you can start with your own thing (like toothbrushing or washing undies). Cable service was fair with enough channels to surf until you feel sleepy. Rooms are clean and we didn’t have any problems with the water, tv or the room itself, except maybe a slight problem with the a/c unit, but this was quickly resolved by the maintenance staff. Water temp is good. One thing I noticed with the rooms though is that the walls are not soundproof so you can hear noises made by the people staying in the room next door. Good thing that it was our last night there when people started coming in for the Holy Week and Magayon Festival. Love the beds, as they are hotel standards at least.

Room rates:
We got the room rate with their 20% discount, P1,200/night (orig of P1,500/night) at the time of our reservation, meaning no breakfast or airport transfers. I suggest to just avail of this as breakfast served is not really worth the extra. You can just dine out in town instead and could be happier. Plus if you travel light, you don’t need to avail of the airport transfers. In our case, since our tour started on our 1st day in Legazpi, our tour driver just picked us up at the airport. Upon our return on the other hand, we just rode a trike to the airport which cost us about P80 or around USD2 including tip to the driver.

Facilities:
They don’t have their own restaurant within the hotel premises. Breakfast is served downstairs at the Cisyd Restobar. They have an elevator that sometimes does not operate due to electricity fluctuations in the area. You can also use the escalator of the mall, however, this only operates during mall hours.

Service:
Staff are efficient and quick to respond to room requests.

Room Tip: RoomTip: No need to pay extra for a room with a view of Mayon Volcano, because you can see her as so...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family