“so far the BEST hotel in Legazpi”
Review of Casablanca Suites

Casablanca Suites
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Legazpi
Catarman, Philippines
“so far the BEST hotel in Legazpi”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed in this hotel few months ago, went back to Legazpi last week and stayed in another hotel near my friends office, unfortunately i had a "not-so-good, not-so-nice" experience there.
I should have stayed in Casablanca.
The hotel staff of Casablanca are nice, polite, always smiling, customer-friendly;
the location - perfect; the room - WOW; the price - reasonable; the food - above average.
Definitely I'll stay here next time I'm in Legazpi City.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jojolayon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
manila
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, perfect room and view from the window. Short distance to airport, Lignon Hill and the Bicol Adventure ATV tour ride. Food,service and staffs are great, met my expectations , definitely highly recommended hotel in Legazpi City.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank raffr
Quezon City
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Experience based on a five day stay:

Food:
The free a la carte breakfast is impeccable, but if there are over fifteen guests the night before, the management sets out a buffet - this is not as nice though. Some inconsistency in cooking - we had the fluffiest pancakes on our first morning, but creamy ones on the second. The restaurant on the first floor really gives you value for money. We heard that the santol shake was nice, but it was unavailable. Tell them a day ahead just to be sure they purchase the fruit from the market.

Room:
Very clean, ambiance nice, decorations minimalist. No complaints!
Tip: peak season for tourists is Oct-Nov/Dec. If you book on the off season, prices are much cheaper.

Service:
Absolutely helpful staff in taking care of all our needs - helping rent a car for an out of town trip, book flights (but only for PAL Express, not Cebu Pacific) and so on.

Room Tip: rooms facing the road have a nicer view of Mayon, but are a bit noisier.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joshua Y
Oak Harbor, Washington
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed for five days at Casablanca Suites. We are both very pleased to the over all services. The service from the airport to the hotel was on time. The room was execellent, clean and have a perfect view of the Mayon Volcano.The receptionists are friendly and very polite. The food in the hotel was delicious. Thank you very to everyone for making our vacation joyful and satisfied.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Victoria B
Olongapo, Philippines
Reviewed January 4, 2013

..booking is great.. we had instant confirmation they didnt even ask for my credit card no or a cash deposit.. i like that :)

.. CasaBlanca is very close to the airport so no hazle on arrival and departure, they provide transpo service the only downside on our departure was they want us to leave the hotel at 1215noon and our flight is 1:20pm.. i am new to the area and i am not comfortable to be in the airport 1 hour of my scheduled flight and my daughter is really sick.. although we expect the flight to be delayed.. it is a NO for me.. no matter what 2 hours before the scheduled flight is my policy.. to took the public transpo (tycle) to the airport.. it was a short 5mins travel..

..the room is nice and clean with 2 queen bed.. good enough for me and my 2 daughters..
.. breakfast is ok.. nothing special.. they serve selection of pork, chicken, fish, fruits, bread, rice.. we had the chance to have a buffet breakfast (not all the case depending on volume of guests they also serve plated breakfast)..

.. the place is quite so you can really enjoy your vacation and can have a good night sleep.. we had a room with a mayon view so we woke up with a full mayon view (very rare during the days we had in bicol)..

.. another PLUS is the Hotel is very close to Aquinas University Hospital..(walking distance) .. it was a blessing during our stay since I need to take my daughter to the hospital (at around 10pm).. she was really sick - it must be on what she ate somewhere.. although we ate all the same food, she was unlucky to have stomach problems.. we had bottled water only and ate at considerable good restos but still we cannot avoid cases like this sometimes i guess.. Aquinas hospital is also great.. they accepted and transacted thru our health card although my daughter forgot to bring her card and we only had mine. they accepted the number only and they retrieved it on their system.. very well done.. impressive guys.. i paid for the laboratory cause i thought they are not accredited, i asked when we are about to settle all other bills.. they even allowed us to go back the next day to finish the transaction (no HMO staff at night to transact).. the next day everything was smooth and they even reimbursed what i paid for the lab tests!! one of the best health service i have experienced so far!

CAUTION: for all travelers especially with children, avoid too spicy food and iced beverages.. it's not only in Bicol but should be on all places..

.. check-in and check-out is also very fast, you just need to sign the form and no need to fill out any registration forms...
.. they are also very fast to attend to our requests like additional towels without any fee! some business hotels asked for fees! hilarious!

.. overall our stay at casablanca was worth the money we paid.. the kids had a good time in bicol especially on our trip to Donsol, sorsogon to see the butandings.. i will write about it on my review of donsol :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ElaineSenador
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Clean and comfortable..Nothing special...shuttle to airport is nice service, staff very friendly and responsive..Close to airport and not far from mall which makes it a pretty good location. Some restaurants close by which adds to convenience.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are pretty much the same, but rooms facing the road may have a view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I found this place where Kris Aquino stayed when she and her group went to Legazpi. The rate per room was reasonable and there's a free pick up from and to airport, breakfast is inclusive. We reserved 2N and the staff readily confirmed the availability of a deluxe room. I specifically requested for a room with view of mayon volcano. I found out that Kris Aquino stayed in this hotel so I was excited. The hotel is near the airport , Pacific Mall and Aquinas hospital.

The hotel was only 2 storey and has no elevator. However, the male staff were there to carry our luggage. The reception/lobby area was nice, spacious, clean, modern. There are two PCs which you can use for free. There was no swimming pool. (We learned from the staff/driver that the hotel is just renting the place and thus can not put up a swimming pool.) The stairs leading to the second floor was wide and made of marble. Our room was very nice- 2 beds, with ref, lcd tv. The aircon is quiet and cool. The toilet/bathroom was very clean. I like the overhead shower. There's a bidet which I always look for in a hotel. There's also a retractable clothes line.

Breakfast on our first day was ala carte and then buffet on the second day. Food was delicious. Fried rice was presented in a rectangular shape rather than the usual rounded shape.

One can easily hail a tricycle going to Pacific Mall. I can say that am really satisfied staying at Casablanca suites and I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple