“.. privacy and convenience”
Review of Casablanca Suites

Casablanca Suites
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Legazpi
Olongapo, Philippines
“.. privacy and convenience”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

..booking is great.. we had instant confirmation they didnt even ask for my credit card no or a cash deposit.. i like that :)

.. CasaBlanca is very close to the airport so no hazle on arrival and departure, they provide transpo service the only downside on our departure was they want us to leave the hotel at 1215noon and our flight is 1:20pm.. i am new to the area and i am not comfortable to be in the airport 1 hour of my scheduled flight and my daughter is really sick.. although we expect the flight to be delayed.. it is a NO for me.. no matter what 2 hours before the scheduled flight is my policy.. to took the public transpo (tycle) to the airport.. it was a short 5mins travel..

..the room is nice and clean with 2 queen bed.. good enough for me and my 2 daughters..
.. breakfast is ok.. nothing special.. they serve selection of pork, chicken, fish, fruits, bread, rice.. we had the chance to have a buffet breakfast (not all the case depending on volume of guests they also serve plated breakfast)..

.. the place is quite so you can really enjoy your vacation and can have a good night sleep.. we had a room with a mayon view so we woke up with a full mayon view (very rare during the days we had in bicol)..

.. another PLUS is the Hotel is very close to Aquinas University Hospital..(walking distance) .. it was a blessing during our stay since I need to take my daughter to the hospital (at around 10pm).. she was really sick - it must be on what she ate somewhere.. although we ate all the same food, she was unlucky to have stomach problems.. we had bottled water only and ate at considerable good restos but still we cannot avoid cases like this sometimes i guess.. Aquinas hospital is also great.. they accepted and transacted thru our health card although my daughter forgot to bring her card and we only had mine. they accepted the number only and they retrieved it on their system.. very well done.. impressive guys.. i paid for the laboratory cause i thought they are not accredited, i asked when we are about to settle all other bills.. they even allowed us to go back the next day to finish the transaction (no HMO staff at night to transact).. the next day everything was smooth and they even reimbursed what i paid for the lab tests!! one of the best health service i have experienced so far!

CAUTION: for all travelers especially with children, avoid too spicy food and iced beverages.. it's not only in Bicol but should be on all places..

.. check-in and check-out is also very fast, you just need to sign the form and no need to fill out any registration forms...
.. they are also very fast to attend to our requests like additional towels without any fee! some business hotels asked for fees! hilarious!

.. overall our stay at casablanca was worth the money we paid.. the kids had a good time in bicol especially on our trip to Donsol, sorsogon to see the butandings.. i will write about it on my review of donsol :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ElaineSenador

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Clean and comfortable..Nothing special...shuttle to airport is nice service, staff very friendly and responsive..Close to airport and not far from mall which makes it a pretty good location. Some restaurants close by which adds to convenience.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are pretty much the same, but rooms facing the road may have a view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I found this place where Kris Aquino stayed when she and her group went to Legazpi. The rate per room was reasonable and there's a free pick up from and to airport, breakfast is inclusive. We reserved 2N and the staff readily confirmed the availability of a deluxe room. I specifically requested for a room with view of mayon volcano. I found out that Kris Aquino stayed in this hotel so I was excited. The hotel is near the airport , Pacific Mall and Aquinas hospital.

The hotel was only 2 storey and has no elevator. However, the male staff were there to carry our luggage. The reception/lobby area was nice, spacious, clean, modern. There are two PCs which you can use for free. There was no swimming pool. (We learned from the staff/driver that the hotel is just renting the place and thus can not put up a swimming pool.) The stairs leading to the second floor was wide and made of marble. Our room was very nice- 2 beds, with ref, lcd tv. The aircon is quiet and cool. The toilet/bathroom was very clean. I like the overhead shower. There's a bidet which I always look for in a hotel. There's also a retractable clothes line.

Breakfast on our first day was ala carte and then buffet on the second day. Food was delicious. Fried rice was presented in a rectangular shape rather than the usual rounded shape.

One can easily hail a tricycle going to Pacific Mall. I can say that am really satisfied staying at Casablanca suites and I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Velardy
Philippines
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Found this hotel online since we are finding a nice hotel in Legazpi to stay. The website pictures didn't fail us so we book at this hotel. Another factor that made up our decision is their free transfer from airport to hotel and back. We are very glad that we made the right choice in booking this hotel.

The Deluxe Room was big enough for the 3 of us (I am with my mom and sister) which according to their site can accommodate 4 people. I surely recommend those vacationers to get this room as the view from our window is overlooking the Mayon Volcano.

They served free breakfast which is obviously included in the room rate, the food was good however it has limited choices. We are very happy with our stay and would definitely recommend this to our family and friends!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is a quick 5-10 minute ride from the airport. It's near the hospital so it is easy to locate. For me, it is a very good location. It is just a few kilometers away from the Pacific Mall (Gaisano Mall), the Grand Central Terminal and the City Hall. My reservation was quick and hassle free and the rates are reasonable. The hotel itself does not offer tours, but they have contacts for tours (which is pricey, btw.).

The lobby is very modern and chic, it even has a computer that you can use for free. Staff were friendly and helpful; they respond quick with requests and questions. Rooms are spacious and really clean. Nice LCD TV. Too bad there is no gym or pool, though, because it can get boring once you're all done with the tour and all. Breakfast was good, with a nice view of the Mayon. The front desk will even call your room 5 minutes before they stop serving breakfast if they notice that you have not eaten yet-- which is really nice of them. (I hope there will be no establishment in front of the hotel so that they keep the nice view of the Mayon Volcano). All the rooms are in the second floor, the first floor is shared with other establishments -- all restaurants. We were not able to eat at Kamias (the Hotel's restaurant), but there were a lot of customers one weeknight.

Overall, we were very satisfied with our stay here and I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bacoor, Cavite, Philippines
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days and 2 nights with my whole family of 10 pax, we occupy three rooms and so far we have a good night sleep and very comfortable. What I like about this hotel is the location which is very near to the airport and nearby malls. In front of the hotel lobby, is the Mayon Volcano which is very captivating. The zen concept of this hotel makes you feel like your in one of the modern Hotels in Manila. The staff are very courteous and attentive, especially in the dining area, wherein you don't need to ask for the refill of water. The food was so delicious and yet affordable. I will definitely refer this to my friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed at the casablanca suites as we liked its location, just 5 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes to the city. We arrived by bus from Naga and got a tricycle to the hotel. We both liked how new and modern the hotel looked from the outside, and upon opening the doors to the hotel, how big the reception area is. We checked in quickly and were shown to our room which overlooked the Mayon volcano. The only downside of the view were the electric cables running along the street outside, as you can see from the pics!! Apart from that, the room was spacious with a shower/toilet room, a fridge, a safe, and a big LCD TV! We tried to get the WiFi on our notebook, but it wouldnt work so we asked the lady at reception who gave us a USB lead to try the broadband, but this didnt work either! Downstairs in the reception area are 2 desktop computers which we found out are free to use for the guests so that was OK to check our emails and things! The food at breakfast was OK, but I dont think there were many other guests staying while we were there, as the buffett selection wasnt wide, and in fact 1 morning the buffett area was shut and we had to choose something from the main menu for breakfast!! There is a menu for breakast and dinner, so you can always choose something else and pay for it! The food is reasonably priced. The food was good though, and we did have dinner there one evening which we both enjoyed. The staff are always helpfull and polite. Outside the hotel are 3 or 4 small restaurants and a bar, so if you prefer you can always try one of these, and across the street was a lovely restaurant with nipa huts where we had a very nice bicol express dinner! Legaspi itself, for me, is very run down and old looking, and I saw a sign as we were driving through town, that there is a curfew after 11pm!! Not sure if thats still in place though! There are a couple of shopping malls, but no SM or Roinsons yet!
We would highly recommend the Casablanca Suites and we will stay there again when we visit Legaspi next year to climb Mt Mayon!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple