“Worth the Trip...”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Legazpi
Manila, Philippines
“Worth the Trip...”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is impeccably clean, the room is spacious, check-in and check-out time is fast, the location is strategic. The front desk upgraded us to the superior room when our reserved room is not yet ready during check-in time, although we arrived earlier than the ACTUAL check-in time ... how's that for service ? I simply cannot complain ...

Though this hotel is smack right in the heart of downtown Legazpi City, the road fronting the hotel is even silent during night which gives us a lot of snooze time.

The breakfast spread is a bit heavy for my tummy, the choice of viands is actually for lunch and dinner ...

All in all, this hotel gives me a reason to go back to Legazpi City.

Room Tip: Try the day tour to Sorsogon and do the kayaking and trekking in Lake Bulusan. Don't forget to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kikoiv

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Thai first
Reviewed August 2, 2013

hotel st. ellis... truly a place of unparalleled distinction... we stayed for almost a month (07 July to 02 August 2013) and wish we could stay longer. nothing beats it Comfortable rooms. Fixtures and bathroom are clean and above standard. The Hotel lobby exudes elegance and class. Pool and spa are worth trying. Room space is more than adequate for two persons and they even provided a free crib and comforter for my baby...Even my baby Leon is at home in Hotel St. Ellis. Staff are very accommodating, courteous and always smiling. Location is superb and almost near of everything you need. Your hotel key even give access to discounts in stores in Embarcadero, plus a free shuttle to embarcadero! Love it Here! Highly recommended coz it's simply the best.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Louie1284
Venlo, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The staff from front office to housekeeping were very polite and friendly. I entered the lobby but the lady making the reservations was busy. So I stood there waiting. The lady saw that i was just standing there and asked me if I wanted to sit down and wait but since I've been sitting a lot (on the planes and everywhere) I just wanted to stand and told her I was fine. But I guess she felt uneasy about it and talked to the doorman. The doorman went in the back and handed me a very refreshing drink - I think it was buko(coconut) juice if I remembered correctly. Since I was too early, they kept my luggage in a safe place. The housekeeping always greeted me with a "Good morning or afternoon, sir" everytime I saw them. And one of them helped me out with my door when she saw me fiddling with my keys. The only bad thing was when I ordered something on the menu in the restaurant the waiter told me that it was not available and when I changed my mind and ordered something else he again told me that it was not available. Maybe they could just place the dishes on the menu that are available at that moment. i found that a little weird. The pool was large enough to do a few laps in ( coz I was the only one in it). The hotel is one street away from the Embarcadero which is convenient and close enough to the Gaisano/Pacific mall by tricycle. All in all a great place to rest your head and I would probably stay there again a couple of days on my next trip. Good value for your money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank dpera
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 27, 2013

the hotel was simple bit when you enter the rooms, you are transported to a very nice and relaxing place. truly value for money. the staff were nice and really takes time to get to know their guests. probably they can improve on the breakfast menu selection.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rynsboy
Balgowlah, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our room is supposed to have a view of Mount Mayon but since one of our best buddies decided to tag along, they provided us adjoining ones that overlook the street, which was good enough.
The rooms with its cream-and-white design are spacious. More so, we kept the door dividing us open, and that makes them even massive. This set up created an atmosphere of a suite.
The hotel is centrally located that everything is right under your nose. However, if you’re not up to walking, they provide a free shuttle that takes you to and from Embarcadero de Legazpi.
The staffs are at our beck and call. They assisted us on our every whim, like booking tours, arranging spa massages and everything in-between including dinner deliveries.
Breakfast, which is included with the stay, offers an array of culinary delights. Each morning, something is different. On the second and third day, the server already knew what we need and provided us everything without requesting. Impressive!
We also had a go of the Mongolian dinner feast. It’s comparable to each morning’s fare, which is gratifying. And topping it all, the buffet comes with a remarkable band that sang the songs that we requested. Awesome!!
Every day, after doing all what we can in the region, particularly shopping, we got heaps of pleasure coming back to the hotel. It provided this feeling you could only experience when going home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank uncluttered
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Like most have said, the location is good, right down town near malls. We were just spending the night there waiting for our flight the next morning, so we never left once we checked in. We had dinner there as well as the free buffet breakfast which was pretty good. Not a lot of selections, but adequate. The room was very nice and the king bed was outstanding. Great water pressure in the shower and there was both a rain shower head and a separate hand held. Air conditioner was very effective and not too noisy. Since it's the only hotel we ever stayed at in Lagaspi, I can't say how it compares to others. Compared to similar priced hotels we've stayed in around the Philippines, I felt it was over priced.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mabuti
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Centrally located, Hotel St. Ellis is the best base for exploring Legaspi City and its environs. Walking distance to Embarcadero Mall (there's even a free shuttle), and a short tricycle ride to Pacific Mall, and destination restaurants like Sibid-Sibid, Small Talk and Waway's.

Lobby is modern, fresh and airy with strong air-conditioning, an oasis in the sweltering heat. The rooms are comfortable, with generous sizes able to accommodate 4 single beds with room to spare. Service is excellent, the staff are friendly and professional. We had no problems checking in or out. Plus there's a complimentary airport shuttle service.

Don't miss the Pili Nut Cheesecake at their coffee shop.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family