“Go on the ATV tour!”
Review of Mayon Volcano

Mayon Volcano
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Legazpi
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We took the ATV tour of Mayon, using a dunebuggy-type car that accommodated my friend and I. Its the best $100 USD I spent on the trip. 3-4 hours with a guide and tons of fun driving around Mayon to get views you just can't get any other way.

2  Thank expat_in_hongkong

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Whats to say. Its a volcano and its active. Its a beautiful sight and can be see all over the Bicol Province. Its better to see from afar as the trip up to the volcano is long and you can only drive so far up the side. The ride through the countryside is nice is you like that kind of thing. If your lucky you will fly ingot Lagazpi in a clear day and see the entire volcano as it smokes away. It seems like you are traveling back in time when you look at it.

2  Thank Onerenegade
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I know I should love it's perfect cone shape but what can I do? I fell in love even with the clouds covering Mayon.

We were so lucky because from the ship (we came from Virac/Caramoan/Catanduanes) the volcano welcomed us with it's great view. On our way back to Manila Mayon also bid us goodbye. Those were the only times we saw Mayon during our 3 day stay in Bicol.

3  Thank anne_rainne
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The most beautiful, perfect cone shaped volcano! Towering over Legazpi city, one can have a glimpse of it from almost any location in the city. The airport is one of the best places to see it, however. But if you want an unobstructed view go up Lignon hill, which is a few minutes from the city center.

We did an ATV tour and went up to the lava flow area. That was really fun. There are a lot of companies offering this tour, I guess any of them should be fine.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I would go back next time when It's sunny to see Mayon Volcano. I would try the ATV going to Mayon. I would take more pictures of it :)