“Pampered by the staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Legazpi
Phoenix, az
“Pampered by the staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our stay in Villa Angelina is like our home away from home. A few steps from our room is the open sitting room adjacent to the patio just like a living room with the fabulous view of Mayon Volcano. Always fresh and clean room. Easy access to the airport and the pickup service was there for us.The very efficient and resourceful staff impressed me. They would ask what kind of breakfast do I want in the morning and what time do I want to be served. Needless to say they took care of us very well. A well deserved vacation! We will be back soon!

Thank you great staff of Hotel Villa Angelina....fr az,usa..

Room Tip: Room adjacent to the patio for a great view of Mt Mayon.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Espazity

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Antipolo City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have stayed in Hotel Villa Angelina several times since 2009. I have been coming back ever since and my most recent stay was during the first week of May this year (2013).

Over the years I have seen the positive changes and marked improvements that the hotel management has done. First, the floors of the hallway and the rooms, which used to be made of wood, are now cemented and tiled, giving the hotel a more favorable look and feel. Second, after conducting my business in the city, I like to catch up on the news of the day and I noticed that they upgraded their TV sets to a flatscreen model to improve my viewing experience. And lastly, their new spacious veranda on the third floor gave me a grand view of the majestic Mayon Volcano.

Another thing I enjoy about this hotel is the “homey feel” it exudes. Perhaps because it used to be, I was told by the front desk personnel, a family home before the owners fully converted it. The location is also very central. It is walking distance to the key local government buildings and the catholic church cathedral (I was able to go to my daily early morning mass) while the airport is very near. But perhaps the best part is the excellent service I get from the friendly and courteous staff which makes me truly feel at home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank j0sel_57
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

The last time that I was in legaspi city this year June 2012 I stayed in Villa Angelina Hotel I experieced quite relaxing .Hotel Staff are friendly,easy to approach and mostly fast service food are averagely delicous such as breakfast and dinner .It is only a mile from the local airport, and few blocks from the Church and transportation service will pick you up and drop you off in your destination with arrangement.I am not expecting like 4 or 5 star hotel but this small cute decent place hotel feel me Safe and homie .with free Wi-fi cool aircon.too.you can also request for massage theraphy anytime you like.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank HIMS_12
Guam, Mariana Islands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I'd like to preface this review by stating that at first glance the hotel pics complete with pool, garden etc had me really pleased so I promptly booked a room there through The Agoda website. Soon thereafter I had my very first uh oh moment.....

About one hour after my receipt of my confirmatory booking/receipt I got another email from Agoda Customer service informing me of a......er problem. Aparently despite completing the booking process (and my cash) the hotel I saw on the website did NOT exist! The hotel was sold but the owner offered accomodations at another sister hotel which was also owned by him. I then negotiated free hotel transfers and the use of the purchased accomodations at yet another property.

The other hotel quite naturally lacked the pool, accesible garden, resto etc. and in fact was a bit of a disapointment in that it was basically a run down shell of a formerly quite beautiful mansion styled edifice.and my room a third story walk up. The air con was loud, the furniture well used/dated and the restroom rather antiquated. To give you an idea of the experience there was no toiletries not even soap. Great thing I always travel with an abundant amount.

In the immediate areas it was can I say a bit dull? Only restos in the area was a Jollibee and an Inasal. Nothing to see and even less to do in that area. Would I do it again? Probably not. Pay attention to the reviews folks. Many you CAN believe!

Room Tip: Stay in a bigger city, Albay is NOT a happening place!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Angelescitypi

Travelers are raving about these Legazpi hotels

San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Pro: decent place, walking distance to most places. They'll pick you up and bring you to the airport if you arrange it beforehand. Free wi-fi although it doesn't reach the bedrooms.

Cons: hotel is really about 15 minutes feom Legaspi. Reception desk (male) can be rude and abrupt; water in bathroom has an unpleasant smell and taste. Had to get bottled water for brushing my teeth as I was very nauseated.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank flipinsf1
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2010

HOTEL: cute small hotel with nice decor and a small resto/bar downstairs
ROOM: big since we got the family room but it looked like it used to be a conference room turned into a bedroom. huge room with big hard beds; it was damp and seems like it's rarely occupied;
BATHROOM: The water stank BIGTIME! We wanted to wait till we check-out in the morning to take a bath. We used bottled water to brush our teeth and wash!
STAFF: helpful and professional but fake

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank BALRUS
VillaAngelina, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Villa Angelina, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Please be informed that this has been corrected. Water system had been improved and new source of water and water filter had been installed.
Sunnyvale, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2010

The Villa Angelina gets very noisy early in the morning as the guest eating area is right outside the room doors, so if you're not on their schedule, plan on being forced to it :( (that's at about 7 a.m.). And even before that, the local roosters will make sure you're up at first sunlight (before 6 a.m.).

The room needed a lot of work. So many things needed improvement, I made a list (first time I've ever done that), and this hotel is relatively not-so-cheap.

For starters, there are stationary bars on the window and if there was a fire blocking your door, you can count on getting toasted to death!!!

The shower was converted from central hot water to a wall-mounted "instant" heater. The new fixtures are mounted to the side of the shower area instead of replacing the original ones which still ran cold water (confusing and odd looking).

~The Air-con was unadjustable and insufficient cooling
~The floor in the bathroom was filthy -- left your foot soles black
~The paint was peeling from the walls throughout the room
~The house phone didn't work
~Several light bulbs were burned out
~The sheets had permanent stains and were patched!
~The room doors are very squeaky - loud!
~The television remote was a universal-type replacement that didn't operate most of the functions

The pool was in unusable condition.

Credit cards are not accepted for paying room charges.

Remember, this place is kinda pricey for the city that it's in.

The one shining aspect was the reception allowed us to check out after the first night (scheduled for 4 nights) without a penalty.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Intl-Night-Owl
VillaAngelina, Manager at Hotel Villa Angelina, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Rooms at the second floor had been refurbished with sound proof walls. Breakfast room is now located at the ground/ first floor level. Local roosters for cockfighting are gone because of the local government regulation not allowing the local residents to take of care of roosters for cockfighting at the residential area.