“"The Best Italian Food in the Philippines...period!"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amoroma Bed & Breakfast

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tagaytay
Amoroma Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #37 of 97 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Roma
“"The Best Italian Food in the Philippines...period!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Hi to all Italian Food Lovers! I'm not for the B&Bfast...but I do admire this place. Of all the Italian restaurants they claim they are "AUTHENTIC"... well I hope they can taste this simple but pure of Love Italian restaurant we have discovered in Tagaytay. This is the best Italian food I've tasted in all Italian restaurant I've been in whole Philippines. I traveled a lot and even in Rome where I can from... Amoroma Tagaytay is unbelievably better than we have. Pizza is very very good, Scallopine are perfectly cooked, pasta are cooked perfectly well, breads are truly fresh...you can see also that they are making it fresh in front of you...impressive! Ravioli are very good. I don't know what the other tasted, but I guess they don't know the real Italian food than us Italians...price is good for the quality of food they have!

If you want cheaper...go to fast food!...Jollibee for an instance!... meat spaghetti is perfect for cheap people.

Suggested food;
EVERYTHING!...ESPECIALLY SCALLOPINE, PIZZA 5-FORMAGGI, RAGU DI CARNE SPAGHETTI, RAVIOLI "AMOROMA", RAVIOLI GRANCHI E GAMBERI, CARPACCIO, ZUCCHINE ROLIO, PLEASE DON'T MISS THE BEST TIRAMISU I EVER TASTED... I FINISHED 2 ORDERS JUST FOR MYSELF...YUMMY! LOOK FOR MS. MARIANNE OR MAYNALYN FOR FOOD SUGGESTIONS... THEY SUGGESTS REALLY WELL. TAKE CARE YOU GIRLS!

ENJOY EATING!

Solo
Business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is a lovely small B&B similar to a Pensione if you were in Italy. There is a lovely view of the Taal Volcano from the balcony where you can also eat your breakfast. The room was quaint and very clean. The bathroom a bit small but fine with a shower.

The service is wonderful and very friendly. The level of service was what you would expect at a high priced resort. The highlight is the restaurant. This is authentic Italian which many, quite frankly, have never actually experienced. Everything is made to order and was excellent. We had pizza, risotto, zuppa di pesce, milk fish grilled and ravioli.

Having traveled in Italy extensively this is as close as you will get in the Philipines to an Italian Pensione. Each region of Italy prepares their food a bid differently so what you may be used to could arrive and surprise you. We had a good stay here and enjoyed the experience. My only negative is that the restaurant is very expensive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Brian878
Cavite City, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I can't rate the hotel itself, as I live nearby and went there just for a dinner with my partner.

The pizze are very good, Thin crust, wood oven baked. Now I would expect from a restaurant charging this heavily to at least teach the pizzaiolo to do the pizza dough the traditional way and not with a rolling pin !

Now the "secondo piatto"... My partner ordered spaghette al sugo. The sugo is traditionally a sauce made of tomatoes, fine herbs and the juices from roasted meats. There, it is a pale copy of a cheap bolognese !

I ordered scallopine di vittelo al limone (pan-fried veal in lemon sauce). I was served thin slices of local BEEF (what they call here teriyaki beef), heavily wrapped in flour, and boiled in a way too lemony sauce. The advertised white wine in the sauce might have been written on a piece of paper and thrown in the pan as I didn't feel any... As side dish, I ordered herbed potatoes, I expected then some boiled potato cubes with some butter and parsley... I ended up with a ice-cream's scoop of thick mashed potatoes, without any butter or milk, quite no salt and a very, very, very little amount of dried chopped parsley...

The whole did cost me 1770.-- Php, which makes not far from 45.-- us dollars ! It is quite a robbery for Philippines.... even for Tagaytay !

I would NOT recommend this restaurant then, except if you stay with the pizze !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple