“Above the Lake”

Cuisines: American, Filipino, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great view by day and night, this is a small local Chain offering Filipino delicacies at a reasonable price. The food is pretty rustic, but tasty none the less. The service when I went seemed a bit short, but friendly none the less.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My niece told me about Gerry's grill, located in Tagaytay Phil. and she want us to have our lunch there after we did our sightseeing at Taal Vista during our vacation. The place has a magnificent view overlooking from the rest.. It was 6/16/2013 approx. 2:00 P.m and party of 6. The food was delicious and my american husband enjoyed his 2 blue margaritas. But everything went sour for us when one of the waitress told us that the billfold for the bill do not have our payment for our food. The first waiter (man) who presented the bill to my niece while everybody is engaged in conversation is not the same person that told my niece that there was no money in the billfold for the bill. I wonder what had happened when it was first presented by the waiter (man) to the cashier? My niece told the waitress (woman) that she inserted, 1,600.00 pesos in the billfold and she's expecting a change of 200.00 pesos. The mother of my niece saw her when she put the money in he billfold. The woman insisted that she don't have the money in there. They counted the money in the cashier box, but what difference does that make when someone have a "fast flying hand" that snapped that money from billfold into his own pocket? We are delayed going home due to the discussion of this incident. My niece who is also spending her vacation from the Middle East don't want to create a scene gave in and paid again. This incident left us a very bad impression of how the restaurant employees conduct themselves when they were collecting the bills for payment. Usually the person who took your order should present the bill but that was not the case.
I hope you will this review a due consideration.

3  Thank Daisy R
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Gerry's Grill is a constant destination for family-get-together dinners or lunches. i always love their grilled tuna and pusit (squid)! winner. oh yeah, you should try their other food selections, like the dinakdakan, sisig, and even their soups. They don't just have grilled food, they also offer other Filipino favorites. they even have dessert! i just love Gerry's Grill.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Compare to other eateries in the area, this store has a big parking space. The staff is also present every time you need help. I always order the tuna belly or tuna panga every time I vist the store. They are tasty and affordable.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've been dining at this very affordable restaurant everytime i come to Tagaytay city. What makes this place stand out from others is their outstanding friendly service. The view is just
magnificent.,overlooking the Taal Lake, and the view is all green. The food is good and so cheap. Its always crowded everytime we dine, but its very understandable. If you're a family of four, and with young children, to spend $80.00 for your meal is quite okey,but it also depends on what you want to eat and for how much you want to pay.your choice is your command..