“Perfect place for group trip”
Review of Pina Colina Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tagaytay
Pina Colina Resort
Ranked #20 of 97 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Makati, Philippines
“Perfect place for group trip”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My teammates and I headed to Tagaytay for a breather from work. I was in charge of looking for a place to stay in and right from the start I really wanted a house that can fit all 10 of us. I didn't want a hotel since I want us to have bonding sessions and also for us to be more comfortable of having a place of our own. Pina Colina perfectly fits this requirement.

Reservation was very smooth as I just booked on their website and then I received a call from the staff confirming our reservation. A week before our trip, the reservations officer gave me a call to confirm if we are pushing through with our trip and to ask if there will be additional persons to join and if we have any other requests like bath towels and bed sheets. Very trained staff indeed!

Pina Colina is not along the way. You have to go through a small road and then a bit uphill to get to the place but it no big deal if you have your own vehicle. Upon arriving, the staff welcomed us and ushered us to our log cabin.

Our two-level log cabin has 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room with a simple sofa, dining area, refrigerator, rice cooker. There's a mini living room upstairs with a television set where we stayed during the night and watch a movie. The bedroom downstairs has two double deck beds which can occupy four persons. There is also a bathroom in that room. Upstairs, there are two bedrooms- one with a double bed and the other with two double beds. There is also a bathroom in between these two bedrooms. The third bathroom can be found near the dining area and kitchen. The log cabin is very spacious and comfortable to live in. We paid 9,200 for an overnight stay. This rate doesn't include the use of AC since it's already cold in Tagaytay. There is an additional charge for the use of AC.

The surroundings is very peaceful. I love the garden as well with lush plants and beautiful flowers. It is very well-maintained.

I truly recommend this place if you're planning a trip to Tagaytay and you're in a group. You'll save more if you stay here instead of a hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank mariakristela

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Pinacolina is located a few minutes drive before reaching Tagaytay Rotonda (assuming you passed through Sta Rosa Exit and not Emilio Aguinaldo Highway). You can see signs when you are near the turn you have to make but if you are travelling back from Tagaytay, there's a great possibility that you'll miss the turn since no signages facing your way.

Other than the signage issue, we found the place very nice. There's a pool where kids and adults alike can enjoy lounging at and they are not strict when it comes to bringing food. They are just requesting that any alcoholic drinks be partaken at designated areas only but still they are not very strict.

We booked the Log Cabin which has 3 bedrooms and accommodates 9-12 pax. Me and my hubby got the smallest room with just 1 big bed. The master's bedroom has it's own toilet and bath with 2 big bunk beds. On the 2nd floor houses our smaller room and the other room which has 2 big beds. There's a shared toilet and bath which we share on the 2nd floor. Another toilet is available at the kitchen area. The rooms are quite bare, all with aircon but no tables. For your things though, you can hang on the provided hooks on the walls or put on the floor instead =p

Overall, it was a good place to stay and we'd probably be back to get the log cabin again or try the standard rooms or suites for hubby and me only =)

Room Tip: If you are booking the log cabins, request for Log Cabin 2 since they have better lighting and bigge...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank BLSJ122212
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We’re looking for a resort within the area because my cousins don’t really want to travel afar for our summer outing. We found this resort just a 5 minute drive from our place and was really happy with the amenities. There are available rooms that will fit your needs. There’s a smaller room good for 2 or 3 person, there’s a family room and some casitas for bigger rooms. Guest can use the pools and other amenities. The staffs are very accommodating and they accompanied us to each room. The property is surrounded by farms and pineapple plantation so you’re assured that no stress will definitely visit you during your stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mhik30
Las PiñAS
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I love it! I stayed overnight one weekend with friends at their Junior Suite room. It can accommodate 6 persons maximum. The place is away from the city center, but if you have a car this is not really much of a problem. The place is well designed equipped with a pool, jacuzzi (w/ extra charge) and a playing ground for kids. You can bring food or groceries and cook. Some units have kitchenette. If you're lazy to cook, they have a restaurant offering a wide variety of filipino dishes. The place is really ideal for picnics. And the room rates, are really affordable and the staff are great - an asset to the hotel.
The hotel is situated uphill on a narrow road. Maybe management should consider putting a guard house below to man the traffic flow. The road is not meant for a two way traffic, We went to hear mass in the evening, and when we came back, the street going up to the hotel was so dark, maybe they should put a street light to avoid accidents.
Another improvement to consider, they should put racks or holders in the rooms and toilets. There are no cabinets in the room and there was only 1 towel holder in the bathroom. Overall we had a wonderful stay and definitely would be coming back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank balandat
United States
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed o/nite with four of my friends in their A/C two bedroom unit. The resort was great if you prefer something away from the city. It's like 30mins from where all the action is at. The room has one a/c unit (centralized), stove, and basic cooking tools. There's only one bathroom in our unit so if you're a group of 5 or 6 you need to take turns. They should have made it two bathrooms. Our unit could accommodate maybe 9 pax bcoz of the queen & pull out beds. It's really spacious. The pool is small & water's too cold. It's hot & we're expecting it to be warm but no, it's ice cold. They should have a water heater installed. We wanted to try the jacuzzi but it was too expensive at P1200 / hour. Overall experience's great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank PreppyGirl
Moorpark, California, United States
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We loved this place! Excellent staff, excellent food, beautiful sceneries, playgrounds for the kids, and a gorgeous pool. Bring your groceries and start cooking at your very own stove in your room! Highly recommended and definitely will come back for more!

P.S. if you like Taho... he's in the front gate between 8:30am - 9AM

Room Tip: Highly recommended!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Rainier C
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Me and my hubby supposed to go to Batangas for a beach escapade. But since we were just too lazy to travel that far we ended up going to Tagaytay instead. I've been seeing Pina Colina's website for years now and whenever we inquire for an available room for our chosen date they are always fully-booked. Thank God two days before our trip I called them and they still have an available standard studio.

Since our trip is this December and knowing how the weather in Tagaytay will be, we just opted to book a non-aircon accommodation (sure enough, weather is cold). What I love about this resort is their value for money. We only paid Php 2,100 for an overnight stay plus we get to bring our own food/drinks and cook them in our room. No charge for using the stove or bringing of alcoholic beverages. We arrived an hour early before the 2pm check-in time but the staff are very welcoming, they showed us a place where we can chill and relax while waiting for our room to get cleaned.

The room was really nice. The bed is large enough for two persons. The TV has cable channel and there's a mini ref for guests like us who likes to cook their own food. There are designated grilling areas around the place also. We had our picnic/merienda in the nipa hut outside our room. Pina Colina also serves cooked food so we tried their Pansit Canton which costs Php 200 only and I think its serving is good enough for 3-4 persons. The food was great and the staff are so accommodating. I commend the whole staff of Pina Colina for their warmth service.

One thing that bugged me in my stay here though is the bed. I woke up wee hours of night around 3-4 times because the bed is so squeaky! I think the management should do something about this since guest expects a long good sleep when on vacation.

All in all I still highly recommend this resort. And we enjoyed our stay here!

Room Tip: The bed in studio 4 is SOOO squeaky, so avoid booking that room. No need to avail the air-conditione...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple